P0135 O2 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor1 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
P0135 O2 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor1

Hello Fellas,

First Of All Wish You All A Mery Christmas.

I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima, with California Emission with Milage around 112k. It has the Service Engine Soon Light on since last couple of months but some 10 days back it has started behaving weird. Whenever the car engine is cold (in the morning or in the evening) it kind of misfires, so badly that I can feel the vibrations.

I went to Autozone and the read the OBDII Error code as : P0135 O2 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor1.

Now,
I am an absolute begineer and I am not very sure where can I find the Sensor Bank 1 Sensor1 in the car.

Very basic question: Is it under the hood or under the car floor? I mean do I need to go under the car to fix it or can I do it by opening the hood.

I hope you are getting what I am trying to see. I have seen a few diagrams which tells about the location of all the sensors but I am not sure if its under the car or under the hood. If its under the hood I will try by myself otherwise I will have to see some car mechanic.

My Observation: The RPM of the car in Idle state is just about 1k rpm and when I put it on drive and keep it at halt then it drops to almost 750 rpm.
Is it something to do with the Spark Plugs / Ignition Coils?

Pls Pls Help Me out of this.

Thanks in Advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2009, 03:06 AM

spark plugs

mysterious_rahul,

Yes it maybe a spark plug . I myself had the check engine light on for a few months on as well & the last 2 weeks the car has been misfiring. If i'm on the highway & give it gas to change lanes the car would choke , scary ...
Today i took my car to the mechanic , he put the computer to the car & it read spark plug # 5 is no good ...
So i'm looking to do a full tune-up now .. Hope this has helped ..
Happy new yr !
Jay
Old 12-30-2009, 01:34 PM

Thanks Jay

Thanks Jay & a Happy New Year to you too.

This morning when I happened to start my car the Service Engine Light went off automatically, but the missfire is still there. This happened with me once before as well the light went off automatically after driving for a few hundred miles. Can I assume this is because of some loose connection at the O2 Sensor Connector?

Is there a reason to worry about it?

If there is any problem with the spark plugs then should the Service Engine Light be on?

My car is a 2000 Nissan Maxima with over 112 k miles and I am not sure if the previous owners ever changed the Spark plugs. Shall I go ahead and change them as its been quite sometime. I guess there wont be any harm in doing that.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I love my car but sometimes it drives me

Thanks,

Rahul

Old 12-31-2009, 01:36 AM

spark plugs , yes could be

Rahul,

Ya man i highly recommend you change the spark plugs , since you really don't know if the previous owner changed them & if he did when..

My ride has 137k & i did a tune up when it had 85k but i bought none nissan spark plugs thinking i would get better performance since thats what the company boosted about. It did not help the performance !!
& i would think that a proper spark plug would last more than 60 k miles.

Today i went to nissan & bought the original nissan spark plugs & PCb valve, spent $85 bucks . The coils are $105 bucks each so i'm skipping that since the guy @ nissan said it's not something you need to change unless you really need too.
So i'll let the mechanic change the spark plugs & check it's performance , if it still acts up then i know i have to change the coil ..

My check engine light has been going on & off for sometime now but to simplify your situation i recommend you get your car read by a computer that reads all errors ..& yes if there is a problem with a spark plug the check light engine will turn on ..

oh & i have a 2000 se maxima .. great car man as long as you take care of them ! I'v made sure never to skip it's basic oil changes . Keep up with all fluids!!
Now with it's higher milage i'm using synthetic oil & never let it pass 4,500 miles . Some people say it's not necessary to change it that often but they're not paying for my mechanic bills ..

I hope this helps !

Wish you well ,
Jay
Old 12-31-2009, 01:05 PM

Thanks Jay,

I will go ahead and change the Spark Plugs and also do the tune up by myself.

Wish You A Very Happy New Year...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN MAXIMA FORUMS > 2000-2003 Nissan Maxima Gen. 5 Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode