LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 07:08 PM
My little champion...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggzs View Post
I have the same issues. Cylinder #1 and Multiple misfires and CAT errors.

took it was while a back to my local mechanic and he first replaced Spark Plugs...nothing
Then he suggested that we replace CAT and Engine Manifold. Did that, still nothing...car still shakes and SES light keeps blinking/flashing. Rough starts and it seems like something is "clogged" somewhere. Thats what it feels like when I am driving. After driving for a while the car seems to get a jolt of power and runs normal, most times, the flashing/rough ride starts again.

Going to try to replace Head Gasket and Fuel Injector, rather than buying a new motor for now. If that doesnt work, then will sell car for parts. I wont spend $1800 to $2000 on a 2003 Altima with 205K KM's on it.

Fed up with this car.
So have you read the codes yourself, or are you just letting mechanics diagnose stuff on the fly and randomly throwing money away. Did you ever check the crank and cam sensors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2011, 07:31 PM

Yeah read the codes myself. Came online and read before getting things changed.

Had to get the CAT changed b/c I was failing Emissions tests (in Canada) all the time. Passed it after I changed it.

Havent checked the Crank and CAM sensors. Will check those prior to getting anything else replaced.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:55 PM

I had the same code come up a while back. The car would want to stall when cold. I added a bottle of fuel injector cleaner and the problem went away!
Old 05-01-2011, 07:57 AM

Well, I would like to start off and say that I do not own an Altima. I had a similar issue on my 2002 Toyota Camry. In the mornings it would idle rough. It sometimes sound like it wanted to die. After a while my engine light came on. I bought a code scanner and it came back with a couple misfire codes.

Here is what I did to fix the problem. I purchased some CRC Throttle Body & Air-Intake Cleaner from Auto Zone. I unpluged the battery, I then removed the throttle body and cleaned the inside of the throttle body with the cleaner and a toothbrush. I wiped and repeated this till it was clean. There was some carbon build up on the inside of the throttlebody.

I then installed and pluged the battery back in, I let the car idle for about 15min. so the brain could learn it settings again, and now the problem is gone.

I know we own totally different cars, but I thought that maybe this could help you.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:40 AM
My little champion...

Thanks for sharing, it's hard cleaning these throttle bodies on the Altima though. I've done it once myself and had it done and on both occasions there were issues; the throttle body was quirky for months on the first cleaning and finally settled down, the second time, it needed replacement. Therefore, I don't bother cleaning it again; it's very sensitive. I have a replacement throttle body just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niran916 View Post
Well, I would like to start off and say that I do not own an Altima. I had a similar issue on my 2002 Toyota Camry. In the mornings it would idle rough. It sometimes sound like it wanted to die. After a while my engine light came on. I bought a code scanner and it came back with a couple misfire codes.

Here is what I did to fix the problem. I purchased some CRC Throttle Body & Air-Intake Cleaner from Auto Zone. I unpluged the battery, I then removed the throttle body and cleaned the inside of the throttle body with the cleaner and a toothbrush. I wiped and repeated this till it was clean. There was some carbon build up on the inside of the throttlebody.

I then installed and pluged the battery back in, I let the car idle for about 15min. so the brain could learn it settings again, and now the problem is gone.

I know we own totally different cars, but I thought that maybe this could help you.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Praise the Lowered!

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
well, i have a 4th cylinder misfiring code p0304, car acts the same way, when you start it, whether its cold or not, the idle is reeeaallly rough. as if it wont make it. i rev up the engine a lil bit a couple times and it goes away. its a pain in the ass, and i really dont know what to do. i went to the dealership and apparently the guy there has 13 years of experience of telling ppl its their fault. he didnt help whatsoever, and he was really complaining cuz i have a header on it he had a problem with that lol. i recently replaced my head gasket hoping it was the problem, because of the misfire and cuz my car was eating coolant more than gas... well i replaced it, but no.. same problem, like nothing ever changed. i also bought new spark plugs, NGKs v power, thinking they could be the problem, replaced them, and still nothing. i have reset the ECU several times after that, but after a few drives, the codes come back. i think i have like 5 codes that constantly show up. 304, 420, 507, 123, and 223. i think those are about it. cylinder 4 misfire, o2 sensors( i dont have the spacers yet), unusually high RPMs, mine are about 1050rpms idle., and i dont really remember the other 2. i think one has something to do with my throttle tho... i do the self diagnostic on the car every once in a while, i don't like ppl telling me whats wrong with my car lol

oh one more suuuuper important thing!! when i start my car, white smoke comes out the exhaust. it bothers my like craaazy!!! it never used to do that, till all these codes started showing up. sometimes the smoke is unbareable. its super white, and it stinks like a mixture of gas, and somethin else. i love my car to death guys, i have huge plans for it, but its failing me i need yalls help. its a 2003 alti 2.5. auto, with 89k miles.

PS: when i went to the stealership, and told the guy i had the head gasket replaced, and had the head cut/machined, he shit a brick, he was surprised my car was running, cuz apparently on a QR motor, u can not have the head cut. he was surprised it ran. i wasnt lol, but thats just a heads up for you guys, maybe im lucky, maybe hes fullashit. it worked out with me, i dont see why it wouldnt work out with anyone else. appreciate the help fellas
Old 05-05-2011, 06:33 PM

Russian

Just for shits and giggles, get yourself a bottle of injector cleaner and dump it in the tank. It may work. The coolant loss could be a faulty radiator cap. I had it happen to both my car and my son's, replaced the caps and problem solved.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:09 AM

I have a 2003 Altima 2.5S with 122K miles. Sometimes, the engine would run rough and stutter while driving and the SES light keeps blinking/flashing. After 15 min or so, the blinking lights would stop and car would run fine. Today, it did it again but after the engine stopped stuttering, the SES light stopped blinking and stayed lit. Have had the spark plugs regapped and oxygen sensors replaced in previous visits to the mechanic. Will have the mechanic look at it again tomorrow.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:10 PM

throw in a bottle of injector cleaner in your gas tank, it worked for me.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Praise the Lowered!

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
so yea, my check engine light isnt on anymore, but the car doesnt even start. i found out my oil is milky hence a blown head gasket/cracked block, i dont have time to look at it and fix it, so alti is MIA i cant wait to get her runnin, i dont have a beater car so shes my only way of transporting myself. i checked the oil dipstick and it was overfilled, probably cuz all my coolant mixes in witth the oil. so i took out the drain plug and let some liquid drain and the car started a lot easier than usual. in a week i usually go through a gallon of antifreze :/
Old 06-07-2012, 03:03 PM

P0301 Code

I have an 03 Altima with 155k and had this error code show up. The car was shaking like heck and I thought it was going to stall at any second.

I brought it to Autozone for the free diagnosis and the gentleman working there told me he could hear a vacuum sound coming from the engine (I told him I couldn't hear anything)... He told me it was a "gift" he had, LOL!

Anyway, I brought it to a local mechanic and he told me it was a head gasket issue and that I would have to get that replaced. I was getting discouraged because of the price to fix the car.

I ended up coming to this board out of pure frustration to see if y'all could help me. All be damn... If I didn't get more information than I could handle. (you guys on this board are awesome). I took the advise of a poster to have my car looked at by another mechanic, to verify the issue... I guess people have spent thousands trying to fix this code with no luck.

I ended up bringing it to another mechanic for a 2nd (I didn't count the Autozone opinion as a diagnosis) look. He looked at the car and said it was only an ingnition coil ($30). I replaced the coil and the problem was solved.

First off thank all of you for your insight. Second off, I want people to know to have things looked at by numerous mechanics before taking the word of the first guy you talk to.

Always check the simple things first. You could end up saving yourself a ton of money.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:29 PM

yuck ive already replaced the motor new all the way threw, and now im getting p0301 cyl 1 miss fire, !!!! we wont even think about how much this 500. $ find has cost to date and has only been driven maybe 50 miles.. HELP any SOLUTIONS from members with same issues with there 03 qr 2.5s

Last edited by blindbill; 06-17-2012 at 07:29 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old 06-20-2012, 03:17 AM

Idk if new engines come with new ignition coils and spark plugs, but if they dont thats a good place to start. I had a misfire recently and it was an ignition coil
Old 06-20-2012, 04:34 AM

WISH IT WAS THAT EASY!! BEEN DOWN THAT ROAD SWAP 1-3 3-1 CHANGED CODE NOT A CHANCE ! you need to get power through the signal wire ! pulled the harness out of the car so i could get continuity test and visual on wire condition loks great till you tur the key on 26volts into #1 465 volts on down . got bad ecu . ouch pretty common problem so im finding out!! is there any part of a nissan altima 2.5s from 2003 that is not a complete pile of jap shit!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode