Auto transmission fluid capacity - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-30-2006, 11:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Auto transmission fluid capacity

Hi everyone. This is my first post here, so it'll also serve as my introduction. My name is Dmitry, and I drive a 2003, 2.4L toyota tacoma manual 5-speed. My mom though has a 2005 Altima 2.5L with the 4-speed (pretty sure) auto tranny, now with 31k miles. So far the car has performed flawlessly and we have not had a single problem. Wanting to keep it that way, its time to do the 30k maintenance. Now, my dad and I don't let a mechanic come near our cars unless it requires warranty work or its just something that we absolutely can't do ourselves, and regular maintenance is no exception. Looking through the manual, I found drain and fill capacities for everything except the auto transmission. For some reason it doesn't list transmission pan drain and fill capacity and the total fluid capacity like the manual for my truck. I don't want to do a full flush because it not required and really not necessary at this point, and naturally I will use the Nissan genuine fluids. So if someone can give me the auto tranny fluid drain and fill, and the total capacity, or direct me to where I can find this info, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Dmitry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-31-2006, 02:34 AM
*Donating Member* Member

From the 2002 ESM:

Mike

2012 370Z (The Weekend Car)
2012 Altima 2.5 SL (Daily driver)
1965 Chevy C10 Stepside
#3 Old 05-31-2006, 02:40 AM

(Thread Starter)
Awesome. That answers part of my question, thanks a lot. So, I figure that if I buy 5 quarts of fluid, that should cover the oil pan drain and fill, right? That would be about half of the fluid replaced.
#4 Old 06-01-2006, 01:02 AM

52 seconds left 10 point deficit 13 points in the final 35 seconds+a Game Winner "Impossible is Nothing" Adidas represents Tracy McGrady..who's the numba 1 stunna? Kobe who?
#5 Old 06-01-2006, 02:05 AM
Long Time Caller

I just flushed mine last week. Took around 20 minutes. Buy 10 quarts and use some old gallon containers. Drain the tranny with the plug, about 4-5 quarts will come out. Then just add that much back in. The rest is in the tranny, converter, and cooler. So now you just take out the line from the tranny cooler in the radiator (It is the one more towards the passenger side. I pulled the wrong one first and it came out the rad. when I started it.) Now just push the hose you pulled off the radiator and stick it in the gallon jug. Start the car and let the tranny pump out about 2 quarts (half of the gallon). The stop it and fill up the tranny with 2 more quarts. The fluid doesnt come out all that fast so you can do it yourself, I did. Then just do it again and fill up the container with 2 more quarts. Now you should just about cleared all of the old fluid. I went ahead and did the whole 10 quarts and it started coming out perfectly clean and clear just after 9 quarts. When you are done, let it warm up and check the fluid level one last time. Finished.

So the DIY tranny flush cost me 25 dollars and took about 25 minutes total. And there was not added strain on the tranny pump from using a machine. Its really pretty simple. Good luck.

2002 Altima 2.5S
1992 NX2000
2003 Buell XB9S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode