P0011 & P0021 Code - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2006, 12:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
P0011 & P0021 Code

Last night when I started the engine, my service engine light came out and I feel that the car shakes, and as I observe it when I open the hood the shaking of the engine compartment become better after a while. Today I went to Autozone for a checkup and the code came out to be P0011(Camshaft Position Actuator A Bank 1 Timing Over Advan) and P0021 (Bank 2 Timing).
I feel that this is something critical but I have no idea what it is.
Does anyone know and how expensive is it to fix them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2006, 12:37 AM

I just received the p0011 code as well

I have a '02 Altima SE and the service engine light came on yesterday. I did the manual in car method of getting the trouble code and it came back same as yours: 0011. Unfortunately, I don't know what it means either. Lately my car has had a funny intermittent rattling noise from the engine compartment. It pronounces itself when the car is cruising in most gears, say around 2000 rpm. Then it stops immediately when letting up on the gas. There is no obvious shaking as you describe. It is all very subtle but troubling nonetheless. I guess I will be going to the dealer but if anyone can comment on what I'm in for I would really appreciate it.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:38 AM

there is/was a camshaft position sensor recall for the 02's. Not sure if you've had those done, but if that is the case, then it would be covered by the dealer.

AT S2 Grill - AT Mirrors - AT Grounding Kit - Lower grill mesh - Custom painted interior - Alpine CDA-9827 - Alpine IPOD Adapter - Debadged - Speedhut Speedo & Climate Gauges - "Altima" Door Sills - Nokya Yellow Fogs - DDE's - Blacked out headlights - Eyelids - SE-R Tails - 20% Tint - Custom painted engine cover - Berk Intake
Old 06-19-2006, 04:12 AM

I think I got the rattling noise also.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:35 PM

Problem fixed

So I took my car into the dealer yesterday. It was 3 quarts low on oil! I just bought the car 2 mos ago from a reliable first owner. Guess I should have checked the fluid levels. It is definitely not leaking though. Anyway, the dealer said that there wasn't enough oil pressure to keep proper tension on the chain tensioning device (whatever that is), chain tensioner would rattle and the car's performance would drop off a bit. However, there was still enough oil pressure to properly lubricate the engine and keep the "low oil" light from turning on. So basically all I needed was an oil change and its back to running like an SE should. I hope your problem turns out to be equally benign. Good luck.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:19 AM

I think I have to go do the camshaft position sensor recall and I'm wondering that since I have replaced the intake system from Berk Technology. Does that void the recall?
Old 06-26-2006, 05:31 PM

depends on your dealer. some of the recalls say that you need to have specific oem equipment, while others do not. to be on the safe side you could always put your stock intake back on to get the recall done.

AT S2 Grill - AT Mirrors - AT Grounding Kit - Lower grill mesh - Custom painted interior - Alpine CDA-9827 - Alpine IPOD Adapter - Debadged - Speedhut Speedo & Climate Gauges - "Altima" Door Sills - Nokya Yellow Fogs - DDE's - Blacked out headlights - Eyelids - SE-R Tails - 20% Tint - Custom painted engine cover - Berk Intake
Old 06-26-2006, 08:28 PM

who knows exactly what code P1283 means?

2005 3.5SE

Mods
*Altima SE-R front coil springs/GR-2 Struts
*SpringWorks Custom Rear coil springs/GR2 shocks
*Nismo Sway Bars-Installed
*Moog Endlinks
*Maxima Front Brake System
*350Z Rear Brake System
*Sport Edition KV5 18x8 Wheels with General Tire G-MAX AS-03 UHP All Season
*Winter Set-up: 17X7 MSW TYPE 14 with 225/55R17 Continental ExtremeWinterContact
Old 06-26-2006, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaltima
Are you sure that code is right.... on this site

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Common/codes3.htm

The code's that start with P12....only go up to 79

But the site could be Missing codes I guess ? or you could have the code wrong.....
Old 06-26-2006, 09:33 PM
I take PayPal donations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaltima
A quick search and viola: http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/2793032-post10.html

'05 Altima SE-R
'09 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/RES
Old 06-27-2006, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryHeat
Good find. Thanks alot.... quess I will take the altima in for the service, it is still under warrantee.

2005 3.5SE

Mods
*Altima SE-R front coil springs/GR-2 Struts
*SpringWorks Custom Rear coil springs/GR2 shocks
*Nismo Sway Bars-Installed
*Moog Endlinks
*Maxima Front Brake System
*350Z Rear Brake System
*Sport Edition KV5 18x8 Wheels with General Tire G-MAX AS-03 UHP All Season
*Winter Set-up: 17X7 MSW TYPE 14 with 225/55R17 Continental ExtremeWinterContact
Old 11-24-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaronand View Post
I have a '02 Altima SE and the service engine light came on yesterday. I did the manual in car method of getting the trouble code and it came back same as yours: 0011. Unfortunately, I don't know what it means either. Lately my car has had a funny intermittent rattling noise from the engine compartment. It pronounces itself when the car is cruising in most gears, say around 2000 rpm. Then it stops immediately when letting up on the gas. There is no obvious shaking as you describe. It is all very subtle but troubling nonetheless. I guess I will be going to the dealer but if anyone can comment on what I'm in for I would really appreciate it.
Hi jaronand,

We are having the exact same problem (on an 02 Maxima SE). What ended up happening with yours? Did the added oil solve the problem in the long term? Our oil appears to be fine...

The dealer is saying that we aren't covered by the recall that is out for similar issues now, and it sounds pricey to repair this.

Thanks!

Last edited by kiwimn; 11-24-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:37 AM

02 Altima/Maxima SE engine noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimn View Post
Hi jaronand,

We are having the exact same problem (on an 02 Maxima SE). What ended up happening with yours? Did the added oil solve the problem in the long term? Our oil appears to be fine...

The dealer is saying that we aren't covered by the recall that is out for similar issues now, and it sounds pricey to repair this.

Thanks!
Hi. I still own that '02 Altima SE and everything has been great ever since adding the oil. I have noticed that the problem/noise does come back every once in awhile (like every 3-4 mos) but it can ALWAYS be attributed to the oil level being a little low. This somehow causes the timing belt chain or something to rattle. But when it happens I either add a quart of oil or just get it changed and the noise stops. So making sure your oil level is adequate does not solve the problem???
Old 11-25-2008, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaronand View Post
Hi. I still own that '02 Altima SE and everything has been great ever since adding the oil. I have noticed that the problem/noise does come back every once in awhile (like every 3-4 mos) but it can ALWAYS be attributed to the oil level being a little low. This somehow causes the timing belt chain or something to rattle. But when it happens I either add a quart of oil or just get it changed and the noise stops. So making sure your oil level is adequate does not solve the problem???

Thanks for the quick reply.

We got the oil changed today just to see what would happen and so far we haven't heard the noise...

Thanks again!
Old 02-17-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyglin View Post
Last night when I started the engine, my service engine light came out and I feel that the car shakes, and as I observe it when I open the hood the shaking of the engine compartment become better after a while. Today I went to Autozone for a checkup and the code came out to be P0011(Camshaft Position Actuator A Bank 1 Timing Over Advan) and P0021 (Bank 2 Timing).
I feel that this is something critical but I have no idea what it is.
Does anyone know and how expensive is it to fix them?

$600, my car is at the dealer today or the same. The problem won't go away until solenoids are replaced and/or debris cleared, hopefully

X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode