LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-06-2006, 12:51 AM
Casanova

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lightbulb How to remove the seats in 3rd gen altimas

Would anyone be kind enough to share the steps in removing the front and back seats in the 02+ altimas? I have not attempted this yet but I will give it a try tomorrow, and any help would be appreciated!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mooshak For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-06-2006, 12:57 AM

for front theres four bolts u have to unscrew for each seat , for back bottom theres two little snaps u have to pull on then lift up, for back top theres three bolts on the bottom and 4 on top u have to undo all these bolts are in plain sight so u cant miss them but if u're still having problems let me know
#3 Old 07-06-2006, 12:58 AM

the back top seat bolts for the rear seat are behind some plastic covers which u have to take off
#4 Old 07-06-2006, 01:01 AM
Anti-Elitist

Front and rear seat cushion are VERY easy. I just did it for my leather install.

EDIT: Damn. ^ HE beat me, but I'm not deleting it.

FRONT SEATS: Four bolts in each corner of the seat. Just loosen them and that's it. Be sure to tilt the seat back and unplug the electrical connections underneath it.

Rear Seat CUSHION: Two "pull strap" things underneath it. They're under each side, where a person would sit. Just pull the ring on the strap and the seat will become loose. Just pull it out.

Rear Seat BACK: The tough one. With the cushion removed, you'll see three bolts holding down a frame with the seat backs on it. Loosen them up. Then, on the back, behind the seat backs, loosen the six bolts that hold that little panel. Two on each side, and two behind each latch cover. The seatbacks will be loose now. Move them forward, and you'll find two bolts in a hole in that "shoulder" piece. Loosen them up, and that'll free the seat backs. Rotate them off of the pivot in the center (it's a stubby little knob).

That's it. Have fun.

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - SOLD

2010 Infiniti G37 - Sport | Premium | Navigation
#5 Old 07-06-2006, 05:17 AM
Casanova

(Thread Starter)
thanx guys, knew I could count on you! youre great! I will give it a try tmmw morning
#6 Old 07-06-2006, 06:15 AM

o cool i always wondered how to do that. so do you have something planed and thats why your taking them out?
#7 Old 07-06-2006, 06:22 AM
Casanova

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykid787
o cool i always wondered how to do that. so do you have something planed and thats why your taking them out?

Yea I purchased the altima se-r seats, and pretty much the rest of the se-r interior except for the 3 gauge pod thing, and no I didnt pay a couple grand for it lol, I got a very good deal on it, 500 bux so it was worth it IMO.
#8 Old 07-06-2006, 03:20 PM

^ yeah 500 bux aint bad at all for all the seats, im guessing u got se-r door panels as well
#9 Old 07-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Casanova

(Thread Starter)
I put the front seats, and the bottom part of the back seat last night, and hopefully Ill get to do the upper back seat, which seems to be the hardest part tonight. I will take some pictures afterwards. I did get the door panel, and the bose sound system, plus speakers etc, n e ways thanx for all the help guys.
#10 Old 07-06-2006, 05:15 PM

I've removed backseats before and it's quite simple (harder to put back together than take off). I've never removed fronts so I'm not sure about that.

Question: For people that has side air bag (or is that standard for altima ), is there a connector of some kind attached to the front seats? Also, how hard is it to disconnect the electrical lines for the driver side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djSER
a friend of mine installed a boost gauge on his WRX..

I was wondering if we have something like that for the SE-R..
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200hpAltima View Post
I was simply saying that flaming is a part of life and it is severely lacking in the forums that just run wild like Zebra. We have no lions to hunt the Zebra so they eat, fcuk, and multiply into an entire sections of retards with useless information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiP View Post
If you consider the 65465418946516546 prices mentioned "clearly" stated, then it looks like the wannabe Lion was actually a Zebra all along.
#11 Old 07-06-2006, 05:21 PM

Good deal! How did you get them ;x Are there any more? LOL

http://www.recovery-experts.com
Mods Installed: AT Lower Grille, AT Luxury Grill, AUX iPod Integration, OEM Fog Lights, Berk V2 Intake, 35% TINT, OEM Sidesills, SE-R Tail Lights, Black Headlights, 18" Rays G-Games 77 w/ Kumhos
#12 Old 07-06-2006, 06:35 PM

Pics?
#13 Old 07-07-2006, 08:45 AM
Casanova

(Thread Starter)
Hey, its 12:37 am here in the westcoast and I just finished puttin the rear seat. I am headin down to manhattan beach tmmw with a few buddies, Ill try to take a few pics there. I have a few questions... Theres a yellow cable on the front passenger seat that I cannot figure out where to put, i think its the airbag cable or something, because the airbag light came on after the install... I am also going to try to switch out the stock door panels to the se-r ones, how do i go about doing that? Do they simply popp out, or is there anythin else to it? again, thanx for all the help, pics will come up tmmw afternoon-night.
#14 Old 07-07-2006, 08:47 AM
Casanova

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.d
Good deal! How did you get them ;x Are there any more? LOL
Some really cool guy here in l.a. puts together race cars, I think he has a few titles under his belt too, not sure which ones lol, but he got a free se-r from nissan, and he stripped the whole thing (i saw it, it looked really cool lol) so he pretty much didnt have any need for the interior, nor the engine, since he will be putting the 2.5 liter engine most probably or the racing committee will give him hell for having a 3.5 litre weighing in around 2000 somewhat pounds.
#15 Old 07-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Anti-Elitist

Did you get the whole door panels, or the inserts only? The door panels are easy to take out, one screw behind the door handle (behind plastic piece), one bolt in the door pull (under rubber piece), one bolt under door control switches (pry up from the back). The rest is just snaps.

The inserts are secured by plastic tabs that have to be drilled out.

Good price, I paid $480 just for my leather. Congrats. If I was in Cali, I'd pick up that 3.5 too Then the transformation would be complete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode