P0507 Idle Control System RPM Higher Than Expected - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2007, 09:00 PM
VQ power

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
P0507 Idle Control System RPM Higher Than Expected

i have the following code popping up...

what does this mean? the dude at autozone was a noob but said its most likely due to the throttle body position or something what other things can it be or would that cause it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorgeousComputers
DTC P0507 ISC SYSTEM PFP:23781
Description EBS00C2G
NOTE:
If DTC P0507 is displayed with other DTC, first perform the trouble diagnosis for the other DTC.
The ECM controls the engine idle speed to a specified level through the fine adjustment of the air, which is let
into the intake manifold, by operating the electric throttle control actuator. The operating of the throttle valve is
varied to allow for optimum control of the engine idling speed. The crankshaft position sensor (POS) detects
the actual engine speed and sends a signal to the ECM.
The ECM controls the electric throttle control actuator so that the engine speed coincides with the target value
memorized in the ECM. The target engine speed is the lowest speed at which the engine can operate steadily.
The optimum value stored in the ECM is determined by taking into consideration various engine conditions,
such as during warming up, deceleration, and engine load (air conditioner, power steering and cooling fan
operation, etc.).
On Board Diagnosis Logic EBS00C2H
DTC Confirmation Procedure EBS00C2J
NOTE:
l If “DTC Confirmation Procedure” has been previously conducted, always turn ignition switch “OFF” and
wait at least 10 seconds before conducting the next test.
l If the target idle speed is out of the specified value, perform “Idle Air Volume Learning”, EC-677 ,
before conducting “DTC Confirmation Procedure”. For the target idle speed, refer to the “Service
Data and Specifications (SDS)”, EC-1301 .
TESTING CONDITION:
l Before performing the following procedure, confirm that battery voltage is more than 11V at idle.
l Always perform the test at a temperature above -10C (14F).
WITH CONSULT-II
1. Open engine hood.
2. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
3. Turn ignition switch “OFF” and wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch “ON” again and select “DATA MONITOR”
mode with CONSULT-II.
5. Start engine and run it for at least 1 minute at idle speed.
6. If 1st trip DTC is detected, go to EC-1036, "Diagnostic Procedure"
WITH GST
Follow the procedure “WITH CONSULT-II” above.
DTC No. Trouble diagnosis name DTC detecting condition Possible cause
P0507
Idle speed control system
RPM higher than
expected
The idle speed is more than the target idle
speed by 200 rpm or more.
l Electric throttle control actuator
l Intake air leak
l PCV system
http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/f-q...procedure.html
The Following User Says Thank You to digitalbow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2007, 04:44 AM
VQ35DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by coquibone14
i have the following code popping up...

what does this mean? the dude at autozone was a noob but said its most likely due to the throttle body position or something what other things can it be or would that cause it?

It could be many things. Do the idle air relearn procedure as posted above by digitalbow first, and see if that solves anything.

If not, then it could be:

-bad electronic throttle solenoid (new throttle body basically)
-vacuum leak in the intake tubing anywhere after (downstream of) the throttle body (find and seal leaks if any)
-PCV system leaks

il_signore97
'05 Altima 3.5 SE 5-spd M/T Smoke
Old 06-03-2007, 03:18 AM

Cool Further Idle Speed Too High (P0507) Info Needed

Let me give a quick intro as this is my first ever post!
I have been to several sites searching for a fix to my problem. Nissanclub.com seems to have the best advice from very knowledgeable and gracious members.

I have exactly same problem (with an additon) as described by coquibone14. The suggestions posted by il_signore97 reflect what I have read elsewhere. Here is my situation:

Error code: P0507 Idle speed too high, The reader at AutoZone stated it was the idle speed control valve.
Action: Sprayed throttle body (TB) with TB cleaner. engine off. cleared codes.

Result: still idles high (1700rpm). Once engine reaches normal operating temperature, idle fluctuates from 800-1800rpm approximately every 2 seconds. If AC is on and in gear, idle is ~1000rpm. If AC is off and in gear, idle is ~900rpm. Driving seems mostly normal, but I can tell there is higher than normal engine rpm, engine is less responsive, reduced gas mileage (about 5mpg overall) and slight engine speed increases similar to idling.

Next Action: Replaced with new throttle body, reset code, performed throttle position learn and idle speed learn. The last two actions I did on my own as described in various posts.

Result: EXACTLY THE SAME as with old TB!

Please advise. This is driving me crazy and is very frustrating. Your help is truly appreciated !!!!!! I thank you greatly in advance.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:52 AM
VQ power

wow dude...post from the dead... lol

umm.... i basically reset the Idle air thing like described as above and my engine idled the same (around 850). i then deleted the codes and it hasnt come back on since...but i reset the air curve 1st, let the code come back on then deleted at autozone.

im 3500 miles into the reset and no code. so it appeared to work for me. if your fluctuating every 2 seconds then you definitly have a vacuum problem. check all your vaccum hoses.

2004 3.5 SE

Old 06-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Goose

he called him a NOOB(its early and i havent had the best morning so that just made my day)
Old 06-03-2007, 07:28 PM
NISSAN PARTS TECH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbooty
Next Action: Replaced with new throttle body, reset code, performed throttle position learn and idle speed learn. The last two actions I did on my own as described in various posts.

Result: EXACTLY THE SAME as with old TB!

Please advise. This is driving me crazy and is very frustrating. Your help is truly appreciated !!!!!! I thank you greatly in advance.
basically you replaced the throttle, but didnt do the relearn properly. in order to do it correctly (if you couldnt do it manually) you have to use the consult II. and for that you have to go to nissan. i bet you that the consult will fix you problems, working at nissan, i get to see this all the time.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:32 PM
VQ35DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbooty

As walec05 said, try again with the relearn procedures. There are three of them in total. Get yourself a factory service manual, go to the engine controls section, and perform the three relearn procedures in order. Make sure they are done properly.

To get yourself a factory service manual, look for any post by gtcompscientist (or search for posts using his username). In his signature, he has a link to download service manuals.

If you do all of the relearn procedures properly, and it still does not idle correctly, then you definitely have a vacuum leak somewhere downstream from the MAF sensor (basically anywhere between the sensor and the engine). This takes some time to locate, but will likely solve your problem. A good, experienced (i.e. traditional old-school) mechanic can help with stuff like this, as there are no electronic tricks to finding a vacuum leak.

Good luck.

il_signore97
'05 Altima 3.5 SE 5-spd M/T Smoke
Old 12-21-2007, 04:11 PM

I have the same problem as you. How much did your new throttle cost?
Old 12-25-2007, 01:20 AM
The Choc Boy Wonder

I had the same problem If u have an intake check the coupling tubing and clamps...
Old 02-23-2008, 12:17 AM

have u cleaned your throttle body recently? if so, and the idle is ~1500 RPM you most likely ruined it. you need to replace the TB cuz the Ignition timing is messed up too you might have noticable gas consumtion increase, so replace TB and DO the idle relearn procedure mentioned in this forum.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:35 AM
My little champion...

I'll throw my .02 in here. I had my throttle body cleaned a few years ago by a small shop and the results left the idle high with an SES code of 0507. I went to the $tealership and paid $75 for them to tell me I needed a new TB or that it was possibly my CAI. I picked up a TB from a junkyard thinking I would have to switch it out.

I constantly tried the idle relearn procedure (which you do NOT need a consult device to do), it would work as long as the car was on. Sometimes the idle would fluctuate and the SES light would come on and then go off. Once I shut the car off and started it back up again, the idle would come back high and I'd have to reset it again.

I went through this annoying situation for about about 1-2 months. One miraculous day when I finally reset the idle it never bothered me again.

I now have a TB sitting in a box that I don't need and never used.

I dunno, I figured the TB just got dirty again and everything returned back to normal. Who knows...
Old 05-12-2008, 02:08 AM

I ran some Mopar Top End Cleaner through the small vaccum line after the TB, and I'm now getting the code. I reset ecu, and the code will reappear every 200-300 miles.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:37 AM

I just had this problem yesterday and I fixed it. My throttle body was cleaned out and it was dishing out the same code for me.

I followed this procedure exactly:

Quote:
Idle Air Volume Learning Procedure

Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
Turn ignition switch “OFF” and wait at least 10 seconds.
Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
Repeat the following procedure quickly five times within 5 seconds.
Fully depress the accelerator pedal.
Fully release the accelerator pedal.
Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal, SES should start blinking, and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the SES stops blinking and turned ON.
Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the SES goes off.
Start engine and let it idle.
Wait 20 seconds.
Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure that idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications.
If idle speed and ignition timing are not within the specification, the result will be incomplete. In this case, more test needs to be done.
It took me 3 tries to get the timing for each step right. If you do something off-time, the SES light never blinks when you get to that point. I followed that procedure and voila, perfect idling. Then I had my mechanic clear the codes and its perfect still.

The Following User Says Thank You to firemoth For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2009, 09:09 PM

Help - Fuel Injection Service Gone Bad

About 3 months ago I went in to a local lube shop to get my oil changed on my 2004 Nissan Altima. After they checked my car out, the technician recommended a fuel injection service. Naively trusting him, I gave him the okay. Two days later, my service engine light came on and has remained on. When I took my car back they said it was fine and that the Nissan electrical systems were touchy and the light would turn off in a few drive cycles.

Now, 3 months later, the service engine light is still on and so I took my car to a different shop. This shop told me that a fuel injection service should never be performed on Nissans because the throttle is electronic and manually cleaning it could throw off the entire electrical system. They warned me that the throttle body would most likely need to be replaced at this point.

I want to go back to the original lube shop and have them pay for the throttle replacement since it's due to their actions that the replacement is needed in the first place. I need to have some sort of information or site to prove that fuel injection services should not be performed on Nissans, or some written information that proves that improperly performed fuel injection services can lead to the throttle malfunctioning or breaking.

Can anyone help me? I am by no means a car expert and have really gotten taken advantage of here.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode