My email about the recall - Page 2 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

NissanClub.com is the premier Nissan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Supra Fan/Altima Driver

^ I really dont think you should be pushing your car or your tires that hard....Better to be safe then sorry....And I don't think you want to find out when your tires are over their limit....

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5S Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_archer_69 View Post
I love women that are into cars. Unless they are ugly. Then I don't give a shit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2008, 02:26 PM

yeah well my winter tires are rated for 180 so i wasnt going to go much faster, i was just in the mood to go fast that night. I would only go faster with better tires but it looks like now i dont need to go to crazy with the summer tires i was gonna purchase.
Ohh and i drove my dad's 2002 3.5 last night on the same roads to see how fast that one can go and i really didnt like the way the car handeled at high speeds. I got up to 170 and the car was all over the road. My 2006 2.5 handeled much better. I dont know if its cuz i dont know the car as well or something but i really didnt feel comfortable at those speeds with that car.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:47 PM
YO FACE

i just called the number from the first post. she checked my vin and happy to say i am recall free!
Old 01-18-2008, 07:35 PM

lol..yeah, can see them now when they see my intake, header and o2 sensor spacer. probably deny me the recall!

But I haven't received any notice about this recall yet.

Mods:
Frankencar/Apexi Intake
NISMO Header
Stillen Rear Sway Bar
AT KYB Adjustable Rear Shocks
Grille Tech Lower Grille Insert
20% Tint
Old 02-07-2008, 05:12 PM
'06 Alti Owner

Mine is a 2006 and when i took it for oil change just today they told me there is a recall on it to reprogram the ECU.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:32 PM
'06 Alti Owner

NTB07-081 VOLUNTARY RECALL CAMPAIGN
2002, 2005, 2006 ALTIMA, SENTRA; VOLUNTARY RECALL CAMPAIGN ECM REPROGRAM (2.5L)
Nissan has determined that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in some 2002 and 2005-2006 model year Nissan Altima and Sentra vehicles equipped with the 2.5 liter engine. On some of these vehicles there is a possibility that the engine might stop running while being driven due to the program in the Electronic Control Module (engine computer). If the engine stops running while driving, this could result in a crash without warning. To prevent this potential condition, Nissan is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign to reprogram the Electronic Control Module.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:39 PM
up, up, and away!

I got a recall notice in the mail.
I'm headed in tomorrow for the ECU reprogram.
I hope they don't eff up my car. :[
Old 02-07-2008, 10:11 PM

Anybody who has had the recall, do you notice any difference in way the car runs? More or less power? mpg? or no differences noticed? Just an informal poll

thanks
Old 02-08-2008, 01:10 AM
'06 Alti Owner

i got my car back. The drive home seemed to be smoother, not as rough when switching gears(auto).
Old 02-08-2008, 02:39 AM
Smokin VQ

damn! whats up with nissans and their recalls?

250hp/248tq UpRev tuned
14.44@99.69
SmokinVQ pix
Old ride - 02' Seascape Alti
Old 02-08-2008, 02:50 AM
'06 Alti Owner

Yah, i have had 2 recalls as of yet. But the major one was the oil burning one. This one was not bad and i noticed a difference.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:04 AM

Reprogram ECM

I just had my ECM reprogramed, the didn`t tell me the reason but I think my 02 Altima runs smoother.
I had other recalls done also on the same day, 3 in all.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Registered Alti Pilot.

Mine was done about 2 weeks ago and there was no real change i could feel other than the car seemed like it had a little more pep at take-off.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Majestic '06 3.5SE, 5 spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducz24 View Post
damn! whats up with nissans and their recalls?
We're sensitive to the recalls for our cars, but believe me, Toyotas and Hondas have as many or more recalls than we do.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:56 PM

Nissan wont fix 2002 recalled nissan because check engine light is on due to recall!

I also have a few Questions and Comments for Arnel Gomez (National Consumer Affairs Nissan North America, Inc.) about something he posted (AT VERY BOTTOM OF THE PAGE) so I hope he reads my posting and can help me with the Problem I am having with Nissan and their Customer Service!!

My Mom owns a 2002 Nissan Altima and she has been VERY HAPPY WITH IT, and so Have I and its Performance up until a few weeks ago when The Service Department at Nissan in Concord North Carolina and also Customer Service of Nissan was of NO HELP TO ME AT ALL concerning a problem that they Acknowledged and sent my Mom a Recall for. The problem was concerning the Computer and it had to be upgraded or something to that effect but my Mom being a 63 year old woman tends to forgets things sometimes, as we all do, so when she received the recall notice she put it in a folder and was going to tell me about it so I could get it fixed for her but she forgot. One day I found it while looking for something and I had noticed that her CHECK ENGINE LIGHT Had just came on and started staying on and when riding down the road sometimes the car would cut off on me, WHICH WOULD BE VERY DANGEROUS FOR MY MOM, OR ANYONE DRIVING A CAR. When I read the Recall it said, "CAR COULD CUT OFF WHILE DRIVING." So THIS HAD TO BE IT, I also had the codes checked and the man said it was computer related so the RECALL WAS CAUSING THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT TO BE ON. Well, I set up an appointment for the Recall to be fixed at the Concord Nissan in North Carolina and when I went in and he ask if the check engine light was on I told him Yes. The Service Manager told me that The Check Engine Light would have to be taken care of and turned off first before the Recall could be fixed or installed, Ok I said, isnt that part of the Recall since its the RECALL CAUSING IT?!? He told me NO that it wasnt covered under the Recall, BUT THEY COULD FIX IT OF COURSE and when I ask how much for that he said USUALLY AROUND $350 TO TURN THE LIGHT OFF. YES, I WAS UPSET but I was still being nice but just DIRECT, I told/ask him, WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT PROBLEM FIXED WHEN ITS THE RECALL PROBLEM THATS CAUSING THE LIGHT TO BE ON IN THE FIRST PLACE?!? He told me that the RECALL WAS JUST FOR THE COMPUTER to be upgraded, I believe, a newer software or something. But I told him, THE CARS COMPUTER IS CAUSING THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT TO STAY ON ALL THE TIME AND THE CAR WAS CUTTING OFF WHILE DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD, so if I was going to be charged for them TO FIX the Check engine light Problem, then I was basically paying them to FIX THE RECALL WHEN ITS NOT SUPPOSE TO COST ANYTHING!! The manager just kept talking in Circles. He said, "YOU SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT THE CAR IN BEFORE THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON!!" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? Again, remember I said my Mom got the recall, put it up and forgot she had it. I CHECKED THE RECALL NOTICE AND NOWHERE ON IT DOES IT SAY, YOU NEED TO GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED BEFORE THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON!! I have made sure this car has been Maintance EVERY 5000 Miles because my mom hardly drives the car so the car is well taken care of. I ask him, "WHAT HAPPENS IF SOMEONE GOT THE RECALL AFTER THE PROBLEM STARTED SHOWING ITSELF AND THE LIGHT WAS ALREADY ON?" No Answer, I told him I was going to call Nissan's Customer Service and he said they would tell me the same thing, and HE WAS RIGHT, THEY/SHE PRETTY MUCH DID!! I told her that the RECALLED PROBLEM WAS CAUSING THE LIGHT TO COME ON, based on the Codes it was showing and it cutting off it was computer related, I ask her if the SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT was on could they still fix the Recall Problem when it was the recall problem causing the light to come on and stay on? She checked and said no, I WOULD HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE THAT TURNED OFF FIRST AND FIXED BEFORE THEY COULD FIX THE RECALL PROBLEM and again I TOLD HER, THE RECALL PROBLEM IS WHAT IS CAUSING THE SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT TO COME ON AND STAY ON!! This woman from Customer service was VERY UNHELPFUL AND NOT VERY KNOWLEDGEABLY AT ALL ABOUT SOME SIMPLE THINGS THAT SHE SHOULD EASILY BE ABLE TO LOOK UP!!! For instances, She ask me WHAT SERVICE DEPARTMENT WAS I GOING TO TAKE THE CAR TO and I told her it depended because after the help, OR SHOULD I SAY LACK OF HELP I just got at the Concord Nissan I was going to take it ANYWHERE BUT THERE! I told her I would take it to the Charlotte North Carolina Dealership/Service department and she came back and said, "WE DONT HAVE A DEALERSHIP IN CHARLOTTE NORTH CAROLINA!!" Really?!? No sir, we dont! Thats funny because thats where I went with my mom to BUY HER NISSAN AT and I just went by it the other day ALONG WITH SEEING T.V. ADVERTISEMENTS FOR IT EVERYDAY!! Needless to say I WAS TIRED OF DEALING WITH IDIOTS so I just said THANK YOU AND HUNG UP, which has lead me to this WEBSITE! Hopefully I can get some answers and SOME HELP from Arnel Gomez because in his posting that I have pasted below because he said, "You may take your vehicle to any Nissan dealer to have your recall/campaign performed and closed at no cost to you" and NOWHERE IN HIS POSTING DID HE SAY, "UNLESS YOUR SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT IS ON, AND IF IT IS, THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY TO FIRST HAVE THAT FIXED BEFORE WE CAN FIX THE RECALL, EVEN IF THE RECALLED PROBLEM IS CAUSING THE SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT TO STAY ON!" I just wanted to make sure that EVERYONE KNEW THAT IF YOU GET A RECALL NOTICE, YOU BETTER TAKE IT IN AND GET IT FIXED FIRST BEFORE THE SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON BECAUSE ONCE IT DOES, ALL BETS ARE OFF AND YOU ARE ON YOUR ON TO GET IT FIXED EVEN IF ITS THE RECALL CAUSING THE PROBLEM. AND NEVER MIND IF A 63 YEAR OLD WOMAN IS DRIVING IT AND THE RECALLED PROBLEM CAUSES THE ENGINE TO CUT OFF WHILE DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD, THATS YOUR PROBLEM!!

Well, thats THE REASON I AM HERE and if I cant get any help from Arnel Gomez or Nissan then I guess I am going to go to my News Station where they help people take care of problems like this and I AM SURE THEY WILL BE VERY INTERESTED IN HELPING A 63 YEAR OLD WIDOW! I would HOPE, as I did when I called Nissan's customer service, THAT THEY WOULD HAVE DONE THE RIGHT THING but so far they havent and I SHOULDNT HAVE TO GO TO ALL OF THIS EFFORT TO GET THEM TO DO THE RIGHT THING!! As I just mentioned, my Mom is a Widowed Older Woman and she doesnt have $350 dollars just laying around, many of us dont, but she shouldnt need it in the first place because this is a problem NISSAN HAS ACKNOWLEDGED IS THEIR MISTAKE, IF IT WASNT THEY WOULDNT BE PAYING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO GET IT FIXED!!! THIS RECALL IS WHAT IS CAUSING THE SERVICE ENGINE ENGINE LIGHT TO STAY ON, SO WHY IS THAT MY MOM'S PROBLEM?!? NISSAN, MY MOM'S ONLY CAR IS A 2002 NISSAN ALTIMA AND SHE DOESNT HAVE TO DRIVE A LOT BECAUSE I HELP TAKE CARE OF MY MOM BUT SOMETIMES SHE HAS TO DRIVE WHEN I AM NOT ABLE TO TAKE HER WHERE SHE NEEDS/HAS TO GO, IF MY MOM IS SERIOUSLY HURT OR KILLED BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM, YOU WILL HAVE A LAWSUIT AND IT WILL COST YOU MORE THEN $350 DOLLARS!! I am NOT trying to be mean to anyone, but ITS JUST WRONG THE WAY YOU ARE DOING AND I AM SURE I'M NOT THE FIRST PERSON TO HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH TRYING TO GET A RECALL FIXED!!

If anyone knows who I need to call or who can help me with this problem, please direct me that way, I'd REALLY APPRECIATE IT! I also just wanted to make sure EVERYONE WAS AWARE THAT IF YOU GET A RECALL, YOU BETTER GET IT TAKEN CARE OF BEFORE THE RECALLED PROBLEM STARTS CAUSING THE SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT TO COME ON AND STAY ON BECAUSE THEN ITS YOUR PROBLEM AND YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY TO GET IT FIXED!!

Thanks for reading my post and for any and all help. Hopefully I will hear from and get help from Nissan to do the RIGHT THING!! Have a great week everyone!

Take care,
Tim Long
Kannapolis, N.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel2002p View Post
So i got this email this morning and I searched the froum for some infor and could not find any... what is the latest recall about, I just got my car 4 days ago and now its already recalled???

its a 2005 2.5S

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your recent e-mail to Nissan North America, Inc. We apologize for the delay in response. In review of our system there was a recall/campaign located on your vehicle. Each recall/campaign is assigned by the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN#), and at this time your vehicle has one open recall/campaign: OPEN P5216 ALTIMA/MAX FRAME NTB05-114 OPEN R0712 ALT/SEN ECM REPROG NTB07-081 You may take your vehicle to any Nissan dealer to have your recall/campaign performed and closed at no cost to you. File number # 5977268 has been created to document this concern. We want to keep you happy, please feel free to email me back or call 1-800-647-7261 (Nissan Consumer Affairs) with any additional questions or comments. Sincerely,

Arnel Gomez
National Consumer Affairs
Nissan North America, Inc.

D

If I just missed a post please link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.