LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 03:05 AM
Auto X FTW

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCombat View Post
The Spot your looking for is found in your own vehicle. You kids go out and speed in your parents car and they take the risk on their insurance. If you parents say no detector then don't use one. Save you rmoney and buy your car and use your own insurance.
This is my car and I'm paying for it, so please don't judge when you don't even know me

My dad INSISTED that it would be titled in his name though, so that in case I get in any major trouble (which I haven't done and don't plan to get in), he can "legally" take the car away. This car is my pride and joy, I have wanted it since I first saw a Smoke SER on my dad's lot (he's a Nissan dealer) in the Summer of '05 when I was 14 years old. 3 years and 2 jobs later (one of which is a car detailing business that I started), I am now making monthly payments.

Now that that's out of the way, we can get back on the subject. I'll check out the AC controls and dead pedal options tomorrow and will get back to you guys if it will fit or not.

BTW, heres a pic of my radar (next to a hand so you can see how big it is):

Gone: 2005 Nissan Altima SER 6MT 14.5 @ 98 bone stock
New: 1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged 5MT 14.5 @ 92

PARTS FOR SALE!
-Eibach Sportline V6 02-06 Altima Springs

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/par...06-altima.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2008, 03:25 AM
Respect Each Other

This is straight up from a man whose job it is to pull people out of horrible accidents: don't speed, kid. I don't care how good a driver you think you are, if you're taking risks that you need a detector to cover your ass for, all it takes is one other driver making a mistake, you don't have time to even physically react, and you're dead.

Yeah, I am lecturing you, because I'm tired of seeing dead kids with their skulls busted wide open. This is real, learn to be responsible. I hope you get caught even with your detector if you do speed dangerously (not talking keeping up with traffic, that's normal), maybe you'll be one less casualty, or it'll prevent you from killing someone else with your carelessness.

Don't hate, come with me sometime, see what I've seen, then you have the right to talk with an informed opinion, with all due respect.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:04 AM
DJ D-Love

I agree with altastic2.....I'm 17 don't get me wrong...I have a need for speed too...but I knew if I kept my supercharged car that I had...it would end up bad...so thats why I bought something that I couldn't put a supercharger in.

Speed kills...I've lost 2 friends because of car accidents in the past year...one her friend was driving her jeep, both were having fun singing 2 the radio...of course late night...no seat belts...her friend survived the wreck because of the steering wheel...my friend...whole body thrown out of the windshield...blood and body parts everywhere...the other car ran a stop sign...he also died in the wreck because of speed, not watching, and not wearing a seat belt...

Other one got hit by a speeding car on a road in my neighborhood...not in jail or nothing...no manslaughter charges or anything....

I will never go over the speed of traffic...if I do...it is to just pass...
Old 03-31-2008, 04:43 AM
2006 2.5S w/ SE

Hey what about the trim around the shifter? that pops off easily with pushing in and pulling up on both sides and theres a ton of room down there. atleast there is in a Auto.

PS I love when people go and create a post to get a answer to a question and then instead of people actually helping the person out they post their opinion instead of just answering the question. If you dont like what the person is doing then dont do what they are doing. Everyone has their right to do what they want to do. This Forum is to "HELP" not criticize people on how they live their life. So either help or don't post

2006 2.5S Special Edition
HID 6000K Lows and 3000K Fogs ~ Nismo CAI ~ RMR Hidden Radar/Laser Detector/Jammer ~ Optima Yellow Top ~ Alpine IVA-D900 ~ Custom Fiberglass 12" sub box w/ Polk MOMO ~ White interior LEDs ~ Blacked out Tails ~ Boyo VTL425 Back-up Camera ~ Red-line Goods Leather Armrest Cover ~ Polk MM6501
Future Mods:
Ebay Clone Grille ~ OEM Side Sills ~ Custom Trunk Ski chute(better Sub response)
Old 03-31-2008, 05:36 AM
Ah. I do <3 Ale.

Behind the glove box, or even in the glove box and lock it.

if you had an 02-04 i could help you with a few more places but your car is lacking those.

and i agree, dont speed. then there is no need for a radar detector.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:22 AM
Former Honda Addict

There's space under the steering wheel. Pop off the fuse panel and velcro to the right of the opening.

Just an FYI, I'm almost 30 and I've been in 8 car accidents. Totaled 2 cars, and payed up ass in insurance rates for years. When I was 12 I almost died in a car accident. I've had every kind of bad car luck possible. 2 years ago an asshole racing his Altima just like yours crashed into 3 cars in an intersection. One of them was mine. My neck has been ****ed up since as I have 3 bulged discs in my neck that I have to live with until I die.

My point is, be responsible. You may feel protected with an electronic device. But that device doesn't protect you from bad decision making behind the wheel. Nor does it tell you your racing a retard, or that grandma jane has bad vision and doesn't see you.

Enjoy your pride and joy, have fun. Respect yourself and others.

Oh..and your pops doesn't want you to have it because he doesn't want you to race around.

06 2.5S | NISM0 - INTAKE, HEADER, RADIATOR CAP | UNORTHODOX C-PULLEY | APEXI WS2 CAT-BACK | RACINGLINE FTSB | EIBACH SPORTLINE | 18x7.5 MAXIMA RIMS - 225/45/18 HANKOOK V4 ES | TINT | SE-R XENON HEADLIGHTS | SILVERSTAR SIGNALS |
Old 03-31-2008, 07:43 AM
Supra Fan/Altima Driver

If its your car and youre paying everything for it....why would they go in your car? The car I drive isn't mine, its not under my name and I didn't pay a dime for it....it was a graduation gift. No one goes into the car unless I know about it.

I'm not sure if this will work, but you can try and fit it under the window controls....That pops up quite easily.

Remember, youre driving a Nissan....Not a Honda....Sell the radar to someone else and learn to control yourself. Cruise control is a good friend....Set it to speed of traffic and youre all good.

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5S Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_archer_69 View Post
I love women that are into cars. Unless they are ugly. Then I don't give a shit.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:12 AM
2010 2.5s Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerbuccs24 View Post
But my parents specifically said NO RADARS, so I really need to keep it hidden.
radar detectors the new weed !!!

"but mom all the cool kids use them" lol just busting chops

MY AUTO BLOG (COMPLETE WITH INSTALLS).

http://jimsautoeverything.blogspot.com/
Old 03-31-2008, 11:22 AM
2010 2.5s Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altastic2 View Post
This is straight up from a man whose job it is to pull people out of horrible accidents: don't speed, kid. I don't care how good a driver you think you are, if you're taking risks that you need a detector to cover your ass for, all it takes is one other driver making a mistake, you don't have time to even physically react, and you're dead.

Yeah, I am lecturing you, because I'm tired of seeing dead kids with their skulls busted wide open. This is real, learn to be responsible. I hope you get caught even with your detector if you do speed dangerously (not talking keeping up with traffic, that's normal), maybe you'll be one less casualty, or it'll prevent you from killing someone else with your carelessness.

Don't hate, come with me sometime, see what I've seen, then you have the right to talk with an informed opinion, with all due respect.
thanks for having concern and caring , but most people who use radar detectors just don't want silly tickets , not just so they can go all reckless and triple the limit , like doing 61 in a 50 , thats not reckless but you can get pulled over and ticketed . in some parts of the country its even worse ,cops who are bored because there is no crime , my cousin got a ticket for doing 27 in a 25 , thats just ridiculous .

Old 03-31-2008, 11:32 AM
2010 2.5s Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixindamuzic04 View Post
I agree with altastic2.....I'm 17 don't get me wrong...I have a need for speed too...but I knew if I kept my supercharged car that I had...it would end up bad...so thats why I bought something that I couldn't put a supercharger in.

Speed kills...I've lost 2 friends because of car accidents in the past year...one her friend was driving her jeep, both were having fun singing 2 the radio...of course late night...no seat belts...her friend survived the wreck because of the steering wheel...my friend...whole body thrown out of the windshield...blood and body parts everywhere...the other car ran a stop sign...he also died in the wreck because of speed, not watching, and not wearing a seat belt...

Other one got hit by a speeding car on a road in my neighborhood...not in jail or nothing...no manslaughter charges or anything....

I will never go over the speed of traffic...if I do...it is to just pass...
im sorry to hear about your friends , more deaths occur in suv's than any other vehicle , why ? , because people think there more safe because there bigger , there not , there more prone to flip over . the most important thing is wearing a seat belt . seat belts and air bags save lives , my brother got into a crazy crash (hit a bridge pillar head on) and seat belts and air bags saved his life , he was out of the hospital in a day , no broken bones no stitches .

55 is slow enough to make you feel safe but fast enough to kill you !!! (from cannonball run)

Old 03-31-2008, 11:34 AM
2010 2.5s Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by djslimq View Post
hide it in ur pocket..? lol
+1 and say its a gps .

Old 03-31-2008, 11:35 AM
2010 2.5s Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUKO316 View Post
yea rele dats kinda dumb not letting u have a radar. my pops never said anythin. in fact i think he was happy that i did get it, we both plan on getting scramblers.
you can pm me i know a company .

Old 04-02-2008, 01:59 AM
Auto X FTW

I'm not gonna be a douche and say "if u dont like my threadz den dont repli 2 dem, y0!!11one". I honestly respect what everyone is saying about the radar. I paid/am paying for the car in whole but for the 2 years until I go off to college, my dad insisted that the car be registered in his name, so he can legally take the car away from me. He did this as a preventative measure in case I got into drinking or drug (I have never done either of them, by the way) or got into big trouble in school or something. I understand why he did this, but he also said if I get any kind of a ticket, no matter how small (AKA, 36 in a 30MPH WOULD count), he would take the car away for 3 months. He said that there is absolutely no arguing this point, so I'm not even going to try. I bought the radar as a COUNTER-preventative measure against an extremely minor ticket such as a 36 in a 30 (my friend got that EXACT ticket a few months ago, in a stock car, so it's not like a loud exhaust or tints drew his attention or anything).

By the way, I found the perfect spot in the trunk, and I updated the OP with a description and pictures.

Gone: 2005 Nissan Altima SER 6MT 14.5 @ 98 bone stock
New: 1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged 5MT 14.5 @ 92

PARTS FOR SALE!
-Eibach Sportline V6 02-06 Altima Springs

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/par...06-altima.html
Old 04-02-2008, 02:10 AM
2010 2.5s Sedan

good luck with the radar .

just to tell you if you get a ticket don't tell your father just hire a lawyer and fight it . if you win your record is clear . innocent until proven guilty !!!

p.s. tickets go on the drivers license of the person behind the wheel not the owner/registrant for the car . example , if i get a ticket driving your car , its between me and the state .

Last edited by jimnolimit; 04-02-2008 at 02:16 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:17 AM
Former Honda Addict

dude you dad is kinda strict..

tell him to roll a big fatty, crack a beer, and relax..

06 2.5S | NISM0 - INTAKE, HEADER, RADIATOR CAP | UNORTHODOX C-PULLEY | APEXI WS2 CAT-BACK | RACINGLINE FTSB | EIBACH SPORTLINE | 18x7.5 MAXIMA RIMS - 225/45/18 HANKOOK V4 ES | TINT | SE-R XENON HEADLIGHTS | SILVERSTAR SIGNALS |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode