The Nissan Club banner

***Official Blue Batmobile Overlays Thread***

143K views 1K replies 133 participants last post by  Blue Batmobile 
#1 · (Edited)
as per bat, i have taken the liberty of creating an official thread to show off pictures of this overlays on out cars and to comment on them etc...

where to view his pictures:
BlueBatmobile2005 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

where to pay for the overlays:
bluebatmobile@san.rr.com

list of the installers
Matt
NYC area.
917-577-3374

Me (Kevin)
Long Island
516-351-8293
email: kev1n536@hotmail.com

Jim Roman
NJ area
862-686-5742

Shawn Sommers
SoCal San Diego area
216-310-6655
email: sosvinyl@gmail.com

Ryan
San Diego
858-356-8400

Ramon Lyn
Temecula (socal)
904-993-8106

Robert
Baltimore area
404-931-3014

Lyle
Norcal
650-743-8034

Tony D
Richmond,VA
804-306-7560 cell/text

everyone reading this that has any type overlay offered by andy please pm me the links to the photos youd like in the thread.

matte black GT-R tail light overlays

3/10 tail light overlays

6/10 tail light overlays

red tail light overlays

GT-R head light overlays

blue/yellow head light overlays

head light eyelids

rear valance overlay

color matched overlay for chrome strip

See less See more
#4 ·
i would love to purchase a set of overlays but i know i don't have the skills/patience to put them on. anyone want to help me out from ny ?

#5 ·
I think Bat has an installer in NY... I don't know where...

I'd help... but

1. I'm in NJ
2. It was the first time we've EVER done ANYTHING of the sort
3. I don't care when doing it on my car... I mean... I try to make it perfect... but that's hard... especially when its the first time we've ever done anything like that...
4. I'd be worried about screwing it up on someone else's car

I guess pm bat and ask...

#18 · (Edited)
Screw teasers lol...heres mine fully installed in matte black lol. kev1n536, if you need the links PM me or you can get them from my pics here:

I know they are not perfect especially with the turn signal cutout but they came out pretty good. Mine also features the redout GT-R with reverse cutout underneath which really sets it off. Shawn's of course is body color. Looks good BTW for a rookie.

#13 ·
I like how the overlays are a subtle change, like you look at the car and can tell something is different, but cant put your finger on it.

I think I am going to try my hand at it. I have a couple of questions though, being new to mods in general.....

3/10... 6/10... I am assuming those are degrees of darkness? Which is darker, lighter etc.. I checked out bat's site, but it makes it kind of hard with both sides installed. Anybody have any photos with one side done and the other side still stock for a side by side comparison?

GT-R? Can't tell by the pics... I like them, but I cant put my finger on what is different about them..

Eyelids.. I think I got that one lol..

The intended car is an 08 sedan, precision grey, if anyone has any opinions...

#15 · (Edited)
I have a before/after picture with one side each... but you can't really tell cause its day time... these might help though... some before shots... and some after shots... and not the same angle... but kinda close...

I have a Precision Gray Altima btw... and these are the 6/10 Smoke again...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Hope that helps! :)

#14 ·
6/10 which equals 20% tint, and a lighter 3/10 which equals 60% tint (lower the percentage of tint, the darker)

The GR-R's are at 6/10, but they have holes cut out for the brake light and backup light. I really wanted them in 3/10's because of wacky maryland laws on the brightness your lights must be from 100ft on the rear of your car, but ill live with 6/10's.

as also a fellow 08 sedan, precision gray, I have ordered the following overlays:
alt4hL2 - Headlight Lid Overlay for Precision Gray - $20
alt4rv107 - Rear Valence Overlay (standard) - $40
alt4tgtr - GTR Style Taillight overlay $45
Flat shipping fee - $2
TOTAL: $107

When I get mine in (haven't heard back from bat yet on accepting the order) and installed, I will be taking pictures of the before and after.

#17 ·
6/10 which equals 20% tint, and a lighter 3/10 which equals 60% tint (lower the percentage of tint, the darker)

The GR-R's are at 6/10, but they have holes cut out for the brake light and backup light. I really wanted them in 3/10's because of wacky maryland laws on the brightness your lights must be from 100ft on the rear of your car, but ill live with 6/10's.

as also a fellow 08 sedan, precision gray, I have ordered the following overlays:
alt4hL2 - Headlight Lid Overlay for Precision Gray - $20
alt4rv107 - Rear Valence Overlay (standard) - $40
alt4tgtr - GTR Style Taillight overlay $45
Flat shipping fee - $2
TOTAL: $107

When I get mine in (haven't heard back from bat yet on accepting the order) and installed, I will be taking pictures of the before and after.
Excellent! Thanks for the info. I am liking the idea of the GTRs.. I guess I will have to check the local law here in Texas regarding the lights. Let me know how the install goes!

I have a before/after picture with one side each... but you can't really tell cause its day time... these might help though... some before shots... and some after shots... and not the same angle... but kinda close...

I have a Precision Gray Altima btw... and these are the 6/10 Smoke again...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Hope that helps! :)
Perfect! That helps alot! Thanks for the pix

#19 · (Edited)
and a bit of advice. If you do get the one with all the cutouts, get the red GT-R underneath it. It will look better. Ill post up pics in a little bit to show you what it looks like without.

i did the passenger side first, thats why it isnt done as well as driver's side. but im gonna redo it

#20 ·
Thanks for those post of the body color GT-R's. Definitely don't like them though since the cut makes the light look weird to me...to each their own:)

#23 ·
maybe he's still sick? I know he's been fighting something for the past few weeks.

#25 ·
i think the reverse and tail light are good. the signal is what i was thinking is a problem. it seems it was just put there...doesnt quite fit...maybe a mesh pattern or just have the outside line of the cutout for it just follow along the taillights' circumference. get a couple different designs and let everyone vote on it. im glad that a solid overlay finally came out though.

#26 ·
Andy is not sick...hes just extremely busy cutting hundreds of overlays plus hes got kids to help take care. Just leave him a message and he will get back with you.

#28 ·
Wow...I seriously need to get this tutorial video made. Everyone that has done these installs with me have learned how easy it is to do if you simply pull the taillight off. Face it you need to learn anyways how to pull them off so you can replace bulbs eventually so why not learn when you're doing the overlays. I can pretty much install solid overlays on these tails in under 45 mins per lens and also remember. YOU NEED TO HAVE SOMEONE HELPING YOU. The Altima taillights are a 2-person job...don't think you can do it by yourself and make it look good because you cannot. You gotta at least have someone hold the dryer and DO NOT USE A HEAT GUN! It will melt the overlays. Andy will pretty much only give free or discounted replacements if you have one of his installers put them on. Sheesh these do get expensive after awhile.

#30 ·
NO, this post will be.

Hell why put up a tutorial...then I will lose business hehe.

J/k, I will work on it as soon as I get a camera guy for my install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.