Weather Stripping on Drivers Side Door - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

NissanClub.com is the premier Nissan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 01:31 AM
My other car is an Altima

Weather Stripping on Drivers Side Door

Hello All, this is my first post on this forum. I'm a member of quite a few other tech forums and I've found automotive tech forums to be a fountain of knowledge. Anyway, looks like the attempt of a bad break in. But my drivers side door weather stripping is ripped up at the top corner. I haven't had much luck looking for replacement weather stripping online, and I('m trying to avoid dealer prices. Anyone know of a good parts house online that carry's what I need? I've temporarily sealed the torn weather stripping with some gorilla snot, but I want the right part to make the repair. Any help is appreciated. Thanks fellas.

-ImpalaMan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2009, 01:41 AM

What year is your car? You might be able to find something at a wrecking yard - however if you really want it "right" you will need a new piece from the dealer (I don't believe anyone is reproducing seals yet). Your other option is to look into the generic seals from JC Whitney (I have had some luck on my pickup with their seals).
Old 01-06-2009, 01:59 AM
My other car is an Altima

The Altima is a 2003 2.5 SL.

Yeah, I guess a salvage yard would be the way to go. But I'll price out the dealership first so I know what I'm trying to beat. JC Whitney would be a great source for my 1984 Silverado, but I think the Nissan is too new for that kind of thing. I'll look it up though. Thanks for the reply!!

-ImpalaMan
Old 01-06-2009, 04:16 AM
Alti_junkie

If you need one the place were you might only get it is the dealership. If you go to a junk your going to break the clips regardless and then you have a useless weather strip unless you do what some people here have done. A couple of members have painted their strip black and just used 3m double sided tape. My weather strip actually holds one better now. I was told at the dealership se-r weather strip 186 only one side.

My new babes 1995 Eclipse GS-Turbo updated to 16g turbo still has sidemount intercooler . Just found out this eclipse was converted to AWD,
Old 01-08-2009, 07:51 PM

is this regarding the two black strips running down the roof of the car? or is it the chrome trim around the windows?

i've been wanting to replace my chrome window trim to black...i've seen a few cars on here especially se-r's that have them in black and not chrome. were those removed and painted black? or can i find replacement ones that come in black?

if not, how simple is it to paint them black and reinstall? will the 3m tape hold them in place well?
Old 01-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Ass slider

Yes, please clarify what you mean be weather stripping. Are you talking about the chrome piece around the window that runs along the roof line or are you talking about the rubber part in the door jamb that seals the water out?

Mods:
| there's a tube on the throttle body | gots some fogs too | got some sounds | HIDzzz | some metal thingy | Nismo exhaust | sport grill | NIZMO WHEELZ /Stikcy as shit tires | Fck the prop rod | header | JIHAD MIRRORS | some metal bar | LEDS | DROPed | some rubber thing | pulled out a chunk of metal | CALIPER PAINT | more metal rods |

Old 01-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Alti_junkie

I redid the weather strips that run on top of the cars easiest removal and earth. I repainted them black they were kinda dull.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:44 AM
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_2003 View Post
I redid the weather strips that run on top of the cars easiest removal and earth. I repainted them black they were kinda dull.
Do you have a write up how to do it... i want to do it badly... thank you... you did the chrome trim too? teach me master
Old 01-21-2009, 03:40 PM

Amazon.com: Trimbrite Blackout Tape: Automotive

i bought two rolls of this from amazon.com, i haven't tried to put it on yet though, probably this weekend.

Trimbrite

Conceals chrome accent trim
Repairs chipped black moldings
Easy and inexpensive
Makes a vehicle look like new
1-3/8" x 20
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.