Air conditioner not as cold? - Page 2 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

NissanClub.com is the premier Nissan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 12:01 AM
2010 2.5s Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBar6 View Post
Ha, found it, it's got a giant L on it >_>
the pic i posted above is correct , but for some reason both high and low valves are in the same place on that altima , some models are different . the valve on the large A/C line is the low side . here is a better pic , l'll add this pic above .

or this :

http://jimsautoeverything.blogspot.com/

Last edited by jimnolimit; 06-03-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2009, 12:28 AM

The hose wont fit over the other one anyway, so you cant do any harm.

I did this for the very first time on this car since i bought it, took about 5mins. Turn the car on, A/C on full blast, shake the bottle well, hook it up and the gauge will tell you right away where you're at, if you need to add, do nothing, its already beyond full (more pressure than needed), or the A/C has other mechanical issues and need to be looked at by a Pro.
Mine needed to be recharged and didn't take much and the A/C is blowing cold air like before.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:19 AM
Winner March 2010 NOTM

you have to have the car on and the a/c down to the lowest temp (60 for me on the digital unit) and you have to have the fan on all the way... other than that you just hook it up until it stops pretty much

Old 06-03-2009, 05:23 AM
SE-R

Ah, I got it to work, it feels much better now. Thanks again for all the help...
Old 06-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Mallard Masher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnolimit View Post
you could go to autozone or any auto parts store and get a freon recharge kit .

AutoZone.com | FreonChargingKit | 32oz.ofRefrigerantand4oz.ofSubZeroBoosterA/CRechargeKit
Bought me one of these yesterday. Hopefully, I can get it installed this evening.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:13 PM
SE-R

So when the bottle says it will increase the gas mileage, are they full of shit or will I notice a little difference? I've been getting shitty mileage for a while now, and I've been trying to figure out why. Would the air conditioner not being charged be a possible reason?
Old 06-04-2009, 01:14 AM
Tismoed 1 part at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertFox1942 View Post
, if you need to add, do nothing, its already beyond full (more pressure than needed), or the A/C has other mechanical issues and need to be looked at by a Pro.
So I dont add if I do need more? I dont get this part.

Quote:
wolfpacrules :
I am doing oil change and when I pulled out the oil filter, only about 1/3 Qt of oil came out.
Quote:
Sentinal: Ummm....are you trying to do an oil change through the filter???
Old 06-04-2009, 03:01 AM
BURRRR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik View Post
So I dont add if I do need more? I dont get this part.
i believe he's listing the available options on the gauge.

the gauge will tell you if you need to add freon OR do nothing because you have enough freon OR it's beyond full and needs to be looked at by a pro.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:09 AM

^^^^ What he said.
Once you hook up the hose and the car is running and the A/C is running at full blast, the gauge is color coded and tells you where your A/C stands.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:43 AM
scorpio02150

I believe pur cars should be between 45-55 on the pressure gauge. I left mine at 50 after recharging but it still throws hot air. I know I have to change the cabin air filter, would this be a cause for the hot air?
Eibach Pro Kit | KYB GR2 | Energy Suspension Bushings | RL Rear End Links|
AT S2 Grill | AT Lower Grill | CF Tails | Custom Altima Step Plates |
BT Aux Input | BT Trunk LEDs | 8000K Headlights | 6000K Fogs |V- LEDs |
Optima RedTop | Falken Ziex 912s on stock | 18s RH Evos w/ Pirelli P60s |
Magnaflow High Flow Catalytic Coverter|
For Sale:
Used- NWP 5 pc Thermal Kit

2004 | 2.5: Brembo Rotors | Akebono Pads |Michelin Energy on stocks|
1997 Altima: Sold
Old 06-04-2009, 02:41 PM

I dont think the incabin air filter could cause the air to come out hot, it might come out slow because its clogged but it would still be cold if everything else is the same.

You might have a leak. The dealer told me that my A/C had a leak back in early winter and that it would cost $400+ to fix it, and when i asked 400bucks, he said oh we have to recharge it. Recharge it?, I bought the BiG Ass can for 26bucks plus taxes and probably used 40% of it if not less and the car is blowing cold air like always, bunch of thieves.

Now, I dont know if what he said was true, but seems to me that a bunch of us have done the a/c charge thing, and many with altimas much younger than mine, since mine is almost 8 years old and this was the first time i had to do it, maybe its just time!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:25 PM
scorpio02150

Quote:
I dont think the incabin air filter could cause the air to come out hot, it might come out slow because its clogged but it would still be cold if everything else is the same.

You might have a leak.
Ill try to change the filter over the weekend. As far as a leak, I bought 1 can of regular recharge and 1 small can of recharge with leak fix even though I dont think I have a leak.

Quote:
mine is almost 8 years old
Our cars are twins, same V6s, color and age...

Last edited by scorpio02150; 06-04-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:38 PM

I really dont know what to tell you, mine was blowing warm air and then started blowing cold air as soon as i recharged it, it was like back from the dead, It might be something else like the bullshit service that the dealer always tells me they can perform this time of the year, they clean the system using some sort of spray, changed the filter and something else, you might need that

I know we have the same car, I was just making a general statement that many of us needed to recharge the A/C as its not unsual to do so even with newer model altimas, even though somebody said and i dont know how true his statement was, that you really dont need to recharge the A/C unless something is wrong because the R-34 or whatever is supposed to stay there all the time!?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:07 PM
2010 2.5s Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio02150 View Post
I believe pur cars should be between 45-55 on the pressure gauge. I left mine at 50 after recharging but it still throws hot air. I know I have to change the cabin air filter, would this be a cause for the hot air?
the cabin filter will NOT cause the A/C to blow hot .

if you have the proper amount of freon in the system and the A/C is not working , the pressure switch is probably bad .
Old 06-05-2009, 02:11 AM
Ah. I do <3 Ale.

A/C system repairs are expensive for a reason.

the Dryer/receiver is attached to the condenser coil therfore any major work requiring more then 2 hours of open air exposure will require that to be replaced. not fun.....

Any of the "stop leak" shit you can Fill your car with is usually bullshit and is just a marketing ploy to get you to by that can over the other stuff

Like said above me. R134a should never require refilling.

from the factory the Altima's AC is charged with UV reactive (neon green) compressor oil, it makes finding leaks pretty easy with a black light. unless you have a massive leak and the oil gets over everything. which then you should be able to find the hole in the hose

sure you may only need a recharge every year or 2 but if your not replacing your 8YEAR OLD HOSES your going to have leaks/failures

when the system leaks it does not just leak Coolant, it leaks oil too, more so then coolant.

and if you keep the AC system running without oil your compressor will eventually seize up on you, toss the belt and may do more damage then if you just had the service work done earlier. that Oil also Condtions the O-rings in the system, which a cracked/broken O-ring is bad news.

rubber hoses Go bad, (rot) the Discharge and suction lines off the compressor both have Rubber hoses in them that should be replaced every so often.

the hoses are cheap and if you buy them yourself Nissan will do the install for you and not charge you for the part (saved me about $120)

and unless you Have the tools there is really no way to get around taking it to a shop.
you need a High side and low side hookup, A Vacuum to test for leaks and to remove O2 from the system. then you need to know how much Oil the system takes ect.... too much refrigerant is worse then not enough.

also 400 is way over the top for a drain and fill. they just hook their system up, suck out the old oil and Coolant and replace it with new stuff.
they quoted me like $112 for just the Drain and refill which covers the disposal of the oil and refrigerant. (its illegal to vent refrigerant)

Last edited by Zyphron; 06-05-2009 at 04:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.