Windshield Washer Nozzles... just suck! Need new ones! - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-12-2010, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Windshield Washer Nozzles... just suck! Need new ones!

This has to be brought up before but I searched and couldn't find anything, so, who else hates the windshield washer nozzles we have on our cars?

The two jets on each nozzle never seem to spray the entire windshield and I always get streaks of dirty sports after I wash the windshield. I hate it. My old F-150 had a nice 'fan' spray that would get the entire windshield.

Has anyone found a better replacement for the lousy stock windshield washer nozzles?

2005 Altima SE-R. Code Red. 6spd. Stillen FSTB & WAI. Pioneer Z110BT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-12-2010, 10:52 PM

Good topic that I agree 100% with. Mine send out two thick streams each that have to be re-applied several times to get any kind of coverage.

Now, it would be kinda fun if I could aim them sideways and blast people on the side of the car...

#3 Old 01-12-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooplewis View Post
Good topic that I agree 100% with. Mine send out two thick streams each that have to be re-applied several times to get any kind of coverage.

Now, it would be kinda fun if I could aim them sideways and blast people on the side of the car...
Well in theory you could lol. All you need is a pin and you can adjust the nozzle. Anyway, i agree that the washer nozzles are lacking, and of course this has been covered before, its just buried somewhere.
#4 Old 01-13-2010, 06:08 AM
zoom zoom

Yeah, they just don't spray high enough up when you're not moving fast. I hardly ever use mine, however, because the passenger side nozzle seeps washer fluid for an hour or so after you use it leaving a nice blue streak down the hood of my car. I don't use them unless I absolutely have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooplewis
My friend actually did this with a rental he had when his car was at the dealer for a recall. He took off the hose and ran it to the fender/door seam in the cowl. He drove around spraying other cars and/or people he knew... hilarious.

I never liked the washer nozzles on the hood anyway. My buick's nozzles clip to the wiper arms. I've seen that some cars have them mounted in the cowl as well. Its a much cleaner look without them on the hood, IMO.

Joe-
'02 3.5SE 6MT HLSD (SOLD Nov. 2011)
1/4 mile: 14.29 @ 101.33, 2.29 60' (5MT)

'06 Mazda 3s GT 5MT - Current DD / autox car
Dunlop Star Specs, Mazdaspeed Catback

Last edited by altjt02; 01-13-2010 at 06:12 AM.
#5 Old 01-13-2010, 06:38 AM

Use Murano nozzles.

03 G Sedan 6MT

Previous:
02 KH3 Altima 3.5SE 5MT
03 Maxima SE/TE 4AT - 240whp/251wtq
#6 Old 01-13-2010, 06:48 AM
Low & Fast...

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
i agree the washer nozzles suck. the right side sprays the roof of my car sometimes, and if its not doing that. the hose will pop off now a then.

06 SE VQ 5spd sleeper ll...

#7 Old 01-13-2010, 02:36 PM
~ fk

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mine sprays too far onto the side of the car and I get nasty crap all over my car after i use them.
#8 Old 01-13-2010, 04:06 PM
14 NAS SL

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
the nozzles on the altim suk! i think my old accord had better ones... everytime i use them i have some drops all over the driver window--

-Carlos-

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL

Old Cars

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5
2003 Nissan Altima 2.5s
1994 Honda Accord
#9 Old 01-13-2010, 05:10 PM

I was thinking about getting the nozzles from a murano but I never got around to it... anybody else try?

05 Altima 2.5s
6000k HIDs Lows+Fogs | Berk V2 Intake | Ground Kit | Eyelids | Front Lip | Blacked Out Trim | LED/Cold Cathode Interior/Exterior Lighting | Puddle Lights | GTR Style Tail Lights | RTP Slotted Rotors-Axxis Pads | LED Parking+License Plate Lights | LED Headlight DRL | UAE "Jihad" Folding Mirrors | M3 Lip Spoiler | Black Roof | Eibach ProKit | S5 Grill | Racingline MMI | Black Emblem | Tints | Pioneer Avic F700BT | SR*S 4-1 Header | Greddy Evo II Exhaust
#10 Old 01-13-2010, 11:52 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dims View Post
I was thinking about getting the nozzles from a murano but I never got around to it... anybody else try?
A secretary at work has a Murano. I looked at her washer nozzles today and they look like the 'fan' spray kind. However, they don't mount on the hood. They mount just under the edge of it on the cowl and look square. I don't think they would fit where our stock ones are.

On to the next test vehicle... maybe a Maxima or a new Altima? I'm gonna check out out work trucks tomorrow (Chevy/GM's) they have the nozzles mounted on the wiper arms and work the best I have seen yet. Maye this could be adapted to our windshield wiper arms. If anybody has any other ideas, throw them in here! I'm determined to replace these lousy nozzles!!!

#11 Old 01-14-2010, 05:26 AM
zoom zoom

^^+1. Like I said, my Buick Roadmaster has them mounted to the wiper arms. They basically have a clip on them so they clip to the arm. The only issue I've ever had with them is when I had winter blades, the driver's blade blocked the nozzle somehow. Also, they tend to freeze up in really cold weather, and with them mounted to the arm, engine heat will not unfreeze them. Sometimes they are frozen for days when its really cold out.

They do clean the windshield very well, though. Since they move with the wipers, you can get washer fluid to hit the entire windshield.

Joe-
'02 3.5SE 6MT HLSD (SOLD Nov. 2011)
1/4 mile: 14.29 @ 101.33, 2.29 60' (5MT)

'06 Mazda 3s GT 5MT - Current DD / autox car
Dunlop Star Specs, Mazdaspeed Catback

#12 Old 01-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Firday Misspeller

My neighbor has a Kia van with the red LED nozzles. He thinks they are the best thing invented since toasted bread.

In just two days from now,
Tomorrow will be yesterday.
#13 Old 01-14-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot2Floor View Post
My neighbor has a Kia van with the red LED nozzles. He thinks they are the best thing invented since toasted bread.
I was gonna suggest those as a quick replacement. You don't have to wire up the LEDs.

I posted a thread about this summer time when mine were all clogged. I ended up shooting compressed air into the lines to help blow out any crap. I also used a small pin to scrape any wax or crap out from the nozzles. Worked mostly. One nozzle only shoots a fine spray but it's the passenger side. The other shoots out like a garden hose and it soaks cars driving beind me on the highway.

#14 Old 01-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Prepare to be VQmized

Subscribed for the solution, because the hood sprayers really do suck a$$.

Until then, I will keep my reservoir filled with Tequila. The sprayer hose has been rerouted through the firewall to the center cubby in the dash where I keep my shot glasses, lemon slices and salt shaker.

'03 Altima 3.5SE MT

Avg MPG calculated over last 42397 miles: 26.423mpg
Best/Worst MPG calculated: 32.294mpg / 22.521mpg
#15 Old 01-14-2010, 09:37 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by altjt02 View Post
^^+1. Like I said, my Buick Roadmaster has them mounted to the wiper arms. They basically have a clip on them so they clip to the arm. The only issue I've ever had with them is when I had winter blades, the driver's blade blocked the nozzle somehow. Also, they tend to freeze up in really cold weather, and with them mounted to the arm, engine heat will not unfreeze them. Sometimes they are frozen for days when its really cold out.

They do clean the windshield very well, though. Since they move with the wipers, you can get washer fluid to hit the entire windshield.
Never thought about them freezing. Our trucks are kept in a heated garage so I have never had a problem with them freezing. I'm hopefully moving to Florida (just waiting on a job to come through) so with a little luck I'll never have to worry about frozen nozzles again!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode