P1800 code - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-05-2010, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
P1800 code

My '02 3.5SE is throwing this code (P1800) and I have been expecting a problem of some kind as the car as been struggling with acceleration. Also, this is not turning the check engine light but I found the code when my wife left the gas cap unscrewed in tight and it threw a 0453 code and I saw the P1800 code. I clear both codes but the P1800 came back. Again it is not turning on the check engine light.

My car has about 146,000 miles (stock, no mods) on it and I would assume just replacing the VIAS solenoid would correct this problem but anyone has any advice I would certainly appreciate it. Not really interested in moding it but am I right in assume if the solenoid is not closing it would be constantly open and cause the lost of throttle response?

Brian G.
'95 GXE [Totaled]
'00 GXE [Sold]
'02 SE [Sold]
'10 Xterra S
'14 3.5 S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-05-2010, 02:51 PM

Try unplugging the electrical connectors associated with the solenoid and look for any burns or discoloration then clean em real good with Isopropyl alcohol or CRC electrical contact cleaner. Dont just spay it in and plug it back in, spay the contacts down and wipe them down real good. A paper coffee filter works real good and wont leave lint behind like a Q-tip would. Make sure it is COMPLETELY dry before you plug it back in and start the car up.

Monday through Friday
2002 3.5SE 5sp - *New* TSECU - JWT/LWF - BBMAF - Port Matched Manifolds - APEXI NEO - LC1 - UDP - SSAC - 2.5" Catback - Magnaflow 27X6" - Stillen Exhaust - NWP BOP - Dyno Graph before/after APEXI NEO tune *OLD*

Saturday and Sunday
2003 Sonic Blue Mustang Cobra SVT
468HP, 475TQ
#3 Old 02-05-2010, 04:01 PM

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the post WJ. Will try that. For the record I have never even removed the engine's cover to even see the VIAS but I am familair with it from the writeups. I am behind on the maintenance as the vehicle has never given me trouble until lately. I intend on taking care of some badly needed overdue repairs this weekend. (plugs, valve cover leak, etc)

Brian G.
'95 GXE [Totaled]
'00 GXE [Sold]
'02 SE [Sold]
'10 Xterra S
'14 3.5 S
#4 Old 02-06-2010, 10:27 PM

(Thread Starter)
Well tried removing and replacing the connector on the VIAS with no change in loss of power after my all day repair today. On the plus side I have a non leaky engine and a set of new spark plugs.

I cleared the code after the repairs and I am expecting it to return in short order. Should I just go on faith that the VIAS solenoid is bad and replace it?

Brian G.
'95 GXE [Totaled]
'00 GXE [Sold]
'02 SE [Sold]
'10 Xterra S
'14 3.5 S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode