I replaced my front passenger door handle today. it was fairly easy taking everything apart and replacing. putting it back together was the hard part. once i figured it out it was easy though. took about three hours. i can probably do it in an hour now.
I changed it with the window up.
10mm wrench and ratchet,
phillips head screwdriver,
door panel tool and/or flathead screwdriver,
silicon and grease.
There are 8 bolts of one length and 8 bolts of another length, pay attention where you removed them from
- remove interior door panel and disconnect harnesses
- unbolt door panel which holds window tracks and motor.
- unsnap small rod on inside of handle and unbolt both bolts. handle comes out with a little pressure.
- install new handle opposite of disassembly
- put some grease on window tracks
- there are 2 poker chip sized stickers in the center left and center right of the door panel which are held on by adhesive. remove these stickers carefully youll reuse them. they cover holes in the panel
- do not completely tighten bolts, allow some play for alignment
- bolt the window motor back to the panel.
- bolt the top of both window tracks to the panel
- there are pegs centered on the right and left of the panel put the pegs in the holes on the door frame. youll use the holes the stickers covered to lift the panel
- install several of the top bolts to keep panel aligned.
- bolt the bottom on the window tracks to the panel remember to reinstall the circular spacers
- reinstall the remaining bolts.
- put silicon around sticker holes and replace stickers
- reattach harnesses and tighten bolts
- make sure window and handle operated properly
- reinstall panel
i took some pics, but dont have the patience to resize them. if someone wants to do it, PM me and ill email them to you then you can upload them.