LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 05-09-2010, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Ass slider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
P2135 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)

It seems I am the first 2.5 to get the infamous P2135 code. How this happened was rather strange and I'm not even sure what caused it.

My car took a nasty jolt angling out of a driveway. The drive to my destination was quite normal. I parked my car at the destination and when I got out, I noticed the truck next to me was parked like a complete asshole and I was over the line of my stall just so I would fit in the stall. Anyways, I found another stall so I decided to repark my car.

When the car turned on, I noticed something odd. It sounded like it hesitated momentarily, but it did start up. While I was moving the car, the throttle felt sluggish. The car was in limp mode, when I parked, I tried to rev the engine but it would not go past 2k rpm. That's when I noticed the SES light was on.

I checked the code on my scangauge and it showed me the P2135 code. I turned the car off for about a minute and turned it on again. The SES code was still there but I was able to rev as high as I wanted. I cleared the code with the scangauge and the SES stayed off. The car seems to be driving as usual now.

No idea what the hell that was but maybe that jolt to my car shook a sensor or something. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 05-09-2010, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Check for a loose/dirty connection on your TB. Also how quick was your start up to move your car after you shut down to park??? I know that when you shut down the car completely the throttle plate will move a few seconds later, maybe you started up your car during that step of the shut down procedure.

Monday through Friday
2002 3.5SE 5sp - *New* TSECU - JWT/LWF - BBMAF - Port Matched Manifolds - APEXI NEO - LC1 - UDP - SSAC - 2.5" Catback - Magnaflow 27X6" - Stillen Exhaust - NWP BOP - Dyno Graph before/after APEXI NEO tune *OLD*

Saturday and Sunday
2003 Sonic Blue Mustang Cobra SVT
468HP, 475TQ
post #3 of 17 Old 05-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Tismoed 1 part at a time.

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Have you changed you TPS before? I know a lot of 3rd gen guys had to replace theirs with an updated TPS including mine.

Quote:
wolfpacrules :
I am doing oil change and when I pulled out the oil filter, only about 1/3 Qt of oil came out.
Quote:
Sentinal: Ummm....are you trying to do an oil change through the filter???

post #4 of 17 Old 05-09-2010, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Ass slider

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Whore-Jay* View Post
Check for a loose/dirty connection on your TB. Also how quick was your start up to move your car after you shut down to park??? I know that when you shut down the car completely the throttle plate will move a few seconds later, maybe you started up your car during that step of the shut down procedure.
All connections are tight at the throttle body. The car was off for a good minute or so, I actually had time to get out of the car, walk away and come back so I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the middle of the shut down process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik View Post
Have you changed you TPS before? I know a lot of 3rd gen guys had to replace theirs with an updated TPS including mine.
I have not, but I did take my car in for the TPS recall some time ago. The one that would cause your car to shut down for no reason.
post #5 of 17 Old 05-10-2010, 06:29 PM
zoom zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike228 View Post
All connections are tight at the throttle body. The car was off for a good minute or so, I actually had time to get out of the car, walk away and come back so I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the middle of the shut down process.

I have not, but I did take my car in for the TPS recall some time ago. The one that would cause your car to shut down for no reason.
I thought that was the CPS that did that not the TPS. I know the recall for that made it so the engine wouldn't shut off when the crankshaft sensor momentarily wouldn't send a signal. Unless I missed some recall for the TPS.

2006 Mazda 3 2.3 5MT-NEW

2005 Altima 2.5s 4AT-GONE

2007 CX-7 2.3T AWD 6AT-WIFE'S

post #6 of 17 Old 05-10-2010, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Ass slider

(Thread Starter)
my bad, you're right. I remembered wrong
post #7 of 17 Old 05-10-2010, 07:49 PM
zoom zoom

These throttle bodies seem to be a hit and miss just like the MAF sensor or pre-cat when it comes to failing. I have had my throttle body off multiple times and cleaned, moved the plate by hand, lightly ported it, sprayed throttle body cleaner directly into it, and a bump makes spikes through a code....thanks Nissan.

2006 Mazda 3 2.3 5MT-NEW

2005 Altima 2.5s 4AT-GONE

2007 CX-7 2.3T AWD 6AT-WIFE'S

post #8 of 17 Old 05-10-2010, 08:15 PM

I've had this code. The first time I was rolling to a stop light and the car stalled. Don't think I took any hard hits right before that though.

After I cleared the code I never had another problem with it. It seems to be kind of random.

post #9 of 17 Old 08-22-2010, 03:20 AM
VQ Powered Grocery Getter

Sorry to bring up a thread from the past.
Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
I hit the gas and sucked in some water and have had a few things blow past it in the past. (Rubber o-ring from CAI sucked into it and past it.
Should I get it replaced?
Seems kind of rough when driving and the ses light code is on for the TPS. Cleared the code once so far and it came back.
Any suggestions on a replacement? Thoughts?

Nismo CAI
Nismo CAMS
Nismo CAT-back & exhaust
Nismo Radiator cap & Oil cap
SSIM Intake, NWP Spacers & VIAS Plate
Racingline Y-Pipe, Endlinks, Tower Strut and Battery BAR, Traction Bars
UpRev EMS
STS, S5 Grill, Fusion 12" Sub, Train Horns , 350 HP 385 Tq Dynotune NO2

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/northeastern-u-s/321997-4th-annual-northeastern-nissan-end-year-meet.html
post #10 of 17 Old 08-22-2010, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
Ass slider

(Thread Starter)
If your engine took in some water from the intake, I think you;ve got more to worry about than just the throttle body/TPS
post #11 of 17 Old 06-11-2013, 05:37 PM

Location: As upstate as upstate ny gets... Gouverneur NY 1.5 hrs northeast of Syracuse
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
bump

so i have the same problem as the original poster. I have tried posting another thread but got no response so i will try this. I have 4-5 TPS codes when scanned. now my question is simply: in my 03 altima 2.5 where is the tps located? Is it located in the TB? i tried calling my local dealership and they never called me back so i just need some help here. where is it and where can i buy a new one. Thanks
post #12 of 17 Old 08-12-2013, 03:01 AM

tps code

Hey guys I seem to have had a similar issue here.
Drove to the store about a month ago went in and when I came out and left, the car started, put in gear but would not accelerate. I drove home (about a mile going about 2 mph, disconnected the battery and when reconnected it it started up and drove fine. this has only happened two more times since but I just turn off the car and turn it back on again and it drives fine. Checked the code, says its the tps sensor ( P2135). Called nissan and they said you cant replace just the sensor on these so you have to replace the whole throttle body. Anybody had to fix an issue like this? I bought the throttle body so has anybody changed one before? if so was it difficult? anything I need to know?
Thanks for any help
post #13 of 17 Old 02-17-2014, 02:57 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Nearly the same issue wow! Please read.

I havent taken it to another shop yet to get a 2nd opinion but they said it was error code P0733. Ok here is what happend kinda long read then you can tell me what you think.

This may be a long read. I just want to detail all the info so the long time experts here can make a good guess on whats wrong with my car. Ok here we go...I live in New York State....so its cold and theres snow. Oh car is a 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5

Monday: Car cranks kinda slow in the morning on the way to work and when I leave work at 5 doesnt start. I get a jump and go home.
Tuesday: Car starts fine in the morning and on my way home from work.
Wednesday: Car barely starts, it bitterly cold out (8 degrees in the morning) I drive to work about 15 minutes later it dies putting my foot on the gas does nothing. I get a jump. and pull off it acts like it doesnt want to go anywhere but then pulls off.....drive another 10 to 15 minutes it dies again. I get a 2nd jump and the guy looks at the positive post on my battery and said it needs to be cleaned lots of corrison on it. After it shut off the nd time the service engine light popped on.

I hurry and take it to a shop after the 2nd jump afarid it will die a 3rd time on the highway. Shop says I need a battery & alternator cost: 566 plus tax. Plus he said the error code was P0733 I dont have that money so I get only the battery and make a 30 minute drive back home. That night I take it out fora quick trip to the supermarket and back home

Thursday: I dont move or start the car at all due to a big snow storm.

Friday (today): I go to auto zone to pick up a alternator but I have the guy working there test it. He says the alternator is not bad. So I get my rear break done instead. I pick the car up.....now its night time.... 10 minutes into driving it car barely is moing even though I have my foot on the gas. I stop it turn it off and try to start it again it wont start. I get a jump within 5 minutes and take off again to try to make it home..........10 minutes later it starts doing the same thing....foot on gas...barely moving....after .it does that I put it in park, or neutral and rev the gas it revs fine. Put it in drive wont rev.........after about 2 minutes of it in barely moving (like 5 mph if that) I can now drive like normal. It just revs on its own and goes fine no problems the rest of my trip home (about 5 minutes).

Saturday: I replaced the alternator and we check the transmission fluid levels. The levels were almost bone dry. we put 2 qurats in changed the alternator and now its running fine but the SES light is still on.
post #14 of 17 Old 02-20-2014, 11:21 PM

I have altmost the same problem, but my code is P2138. Getting the ready to clean the connections and change the gas pedal this weekend.
post #15 of 17 Old 02-21-2014, 12:48 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Car is running fine. Got the SES light reset. Going to try go get a inspect saturday. So far have driven over 250 miles and no light back on and no problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode