LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-24-2011, 01:52 AM
03SE_Clean and Simple

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Transmission Control Module

The dealership told me I needed to replace my TCM, so i went ahead and bought a remanufactured one at Auto Zone. Not being too mechanically inclined, Im still wondering if anyone has had any experience pulling one of these out and switching in a new one. I have asked this before but figured my old thread threw people off with title being about the codes instead of a potential resolution. I know Kevq35 wont like this new thread too much(thanks for the only input so far), but I'm just hoping anyone with any advice will throw it out there real quick so I know what I'm getting myself into.

|2003 3.5SE auto|35%tint doors/20%back/2%strip|8000k HIDs lows and fogs|Fibre Customs eyelids|Gloss Black painted stock grille|Black OEM mats|Shaved trunk|V-LEDs full Swap|Ventvisors|Rear Window Lip|Kenwood ddx616 screen|Axxess Steering Wheel Interface|Goodyear Eagle GT's|Akebono ProACT ceramic pads|Centric front rotors|Painted black Calipers|Berk V2 w/ Apexi|KYB Shocks and struts|Tein H.Tech springs|DEPO Smoked tails|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-25-2011, 08:51 PM
03SE_Clean and Simple

(Thread Starter)
does anyone know atleast which ones the ecm and which ones the TCM? one has a gold bracket on the left and the other has a white plastic bracket closest to the door

|2003 3.5SE auto|35%tint doors/20%back/2%strip|8000k HIDs lows and fogs|Fibre Customs eyelids|Gloss Black painted stock grille|Black OEM mats|Shaved trunk|V-LEDs full Swap|Ventvisors|Rear Window Lip|Kenwood ddx616 screen|Axxess Steering Wheel Interface|Goodyear Eagle GT's|Akebono ProACT ceramic pads|Centric front rotors|Painted black Calipers|Berk V2 w/ Apexi|KYB Shocks and struts|Tein H.Tech springs|DEPO Smoked tails|
#3 Old 03-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Altimer

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
As long as it's the right TCM with the proper flash it should just be plug and play.

Altima traded for Odyssey
Current - 01 HIGHLANDER
#4 Old 03-26-2011, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
One closest to the door. The gold bracket holds the ECU....Should have contacted me...I have one of these that I would have sold you cheaply being that you bought from me before. Hope you got a good deal however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando13 View Post
does anyone know atleast which ones the ecm and which ones the TCM? one has a gold bracket on the left and the other has a white plastic bracket closest to the door
No need for a flash...they are just transmission specific.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike James View Post
As long as it's the right TCM with the proper flash it should just be plug and play.

Wheels/Suspension: 5Zigen 19x8 Pro Racers-Falken F452 245/35/19 Tires-Eibach Sportline Springs
Visual: S5 Grille-20% Tint-M3 Window lip Spoiler-LED Cluster/Switches-TWM Weighted Shift Knob
Performance: C-man Headers-C-man 3" Y-Pipe-Magnaflow Exhaust-PNP'd Heads w/Ferra Valves-RevUp Oil Pump-Pulley-JWT C9 Cams-Haltech Platinum ECU-Fujita5 CAI-Weisco Pistons-ARP Head Studs
Audio: Kenwood DNX-9140-ZED Leviathan-Focal Speakers-Sound Deadened-XBox-270Amp Alt
#5 Old 03-26-2011, 06:41 AM
03SE_Clean and Simple

(Thread Starter)
well after waiting two weeks for the part to "come in" the guy called the manufacturer and they said they are out of stock and the only reason they kept the delivery date open(2 weeks) was just in case they got one in. So it looks like that one fell through. The guy says they use another place nearby that re-manufactures them. he contacted them and they said they needed the numbers off the front of the TCM for whatever reason. So im in the process of looking into that. I was thinking of asking you because of the part-outs, but i didnt know if the tcm was the same for 02-06.. I would PM you right now but I have to clean out my inbox i believe. im definitely still in the market for one, this has been a waste of time and a waste of 350 without a core charge.

#6 Old 03-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Altimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRZ View Post
No need for a flash...they are just transmission specific.
Right, now if they are transmission specific wouldn't that mean the one you have would not work, (5spd vs 4spd)?

Current - 01 HIGHLANDER
#7 Old 03-26-2011, 10:24 PM
03SE_Clean and Simple

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Right, now if they are transmission specific wouldn't that mean the one you have would not work, (5spd vs 4spd)?
Im hoping he didnt make a mistake and actually has one that works with my car, but i was wondering the same thing. I have an 03 4spd auto w/o traction control

#8 Old 03-27-2011, 09:58 PM
03SE_Clean and Simple

(Thread Starter)
got my money back from auto zone for the time being, hoping to come across one of these soon.

#9 Old 03-30-2011, 02:23 AM
03SE_Clean and Simple

(Thread Starter)
Well, Auto Zone failed me once again. Looking for a TCM once again. Any ideas?

#10 Old 03-30-2011, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Well, Auto Zone failed me once again. Looking for a TCM once again. Any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRZ View Post
Should have contacted me...I have one of these that I would have sold you cheaply being that you bought from me before. Hope you got a good deal however.
I know a guy...

05 3.5SE AT
Lightly modded
#11 Old 03-31-2011, 01:41 AM
03SE_Clean and Simple

(Thread Starter)
I'm not too sure if you actually know of a guy, or if you are implying that 4drz would be my guy seeing as though his post implies that he has one of these for me.
Quote:
well after waiting two weeks for the part to "come in" the guy called the manufacturer and they said they are out of stock and the only reason they kept the delivery date open(2 weeks) was just in case they got one in. So it looks like that one fell through. The guy says they use another place nearby that re-manufactures them. he contacted them and they said they needed the numbers off the front of the TCM for whatever reason. So im in the process of looking into that. I was thinking of asking you because of the part-outs, but i didnt know if the tcm was the same for 02-06.. I would PM you right now but I have to clean out my inbox i believe. im definitely still in the market for one, this has been a waste of time and a waste of 350 without a core charge.
I also sent him a PM, hasnt resonded to me since that post

#12 Old 03-31-2011, 12:51 PM
Altimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguinchit View Post
I know a guy...
4DRZ had mentioned they are transmission specific. I assume Ando's car is a 4spd and 4DRZ would be pulling one from his SER parts car which is a 5spd. I don't think it will work.

I have never been able to locate an aftermarket TCM. You might get lucky and find someone that has a parts car or a donor, otherwise I'm afraid you might be off to Mr. Nissan.

Current - 01 HIGHLANDER
#13 Old 03-31-2011, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
4DRZ had mentioned they are transmission specific. I assume Ando's car is a 4spd and 4DRZ would be pulling one from his SER parts car which is a 5spd. I don't think it will work.
Doh! Sorry. I will keep my loud fingers quiet.
#14 Old 03-31-2011, 05:04 PM
04-05 Pedal Insert

Auto Computer Systems - quality auto ecu, tcu, and ebcm units,engine control units/modules/computers(ECU,ECM,ECC) and transmission control units(TCU,TCM,TCC

Maybe this place?^^

*Bumper Plugs
Garage:
* 91 MR2 31K miles 4 Sale
*12 3.5 SR w/Tractor Transmission
*12 Quest SL
#15 Old 03-31-2011, 06:09 PM
03SE_Clean and Simple

(Thread Starter)
Thats the one "auto computer" website that actually has these, but with that price tag I might as well go with Nissan. Nissan wants $550 for the TCM

Since 4drz says its transmission specific, does anyone think the 2.5 tcm would work? Theres a 04 2.5 part-out on craigslist I was wondering about.

I called a junk yard earlier today as well, they took down my cars info and said they would get back to me. Not really sure what will come of that. Maybe they know of some places, or maybe they have a few Alti's laying around.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode