The Nissan Club banner

Fuel line damper

12K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  TASCAPARTS 
#1 ·
:) could not much info on removing and installing this
part. Has anyone done this on the 3.5 2003 altima. This is located on the right side of the fuel rail.
Thanks

wayne

#4 ·
The fuel pressure dampers are easy to fix. By the way there are two of them, the other one is under the 3.5 engine cover for the front rail. They tend to leak and you can see the gas on and around them. They can affect the fuel pressure and let air in as well which will throw off the performance of your car. Any DIY'er can do this.

#5 ·
I'm having this problem with mine right now; the one under the engine cover is leaking gas onto my intake manifold. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information in regards to these things on the net. Do you have to remove the entire fuel rail to access those things? Is it as simple as just replacing the oring within them?

#6 ·
If they are just plain leaking then yes, you can just take off the 2 bolts and replace the o-ring. Both dampers are pretty accessible, once the engine cover is off you are basically looking at them on the ends of the fuel rails. Should be 2 bolts holding each on.

Ideally you should relieve fuel pressure before doing this by pulling the fuel pump relay/fuse and cranking the engine, but its not a huge deal if the car has been sitting a while. Fuel is still going to come out when you unbolt them, so get some rags or paper towels. There will be an initial gush of fuel and then it should slow down to nothing quickly. I don't think you can just replace the damper because the rubber quick disconnect lines connected to them are sealed onto them, but if you can find the right size o-rings just do that. I see the whole assembly (damper + line) for ~$58 on rockauto.com

#8 ·
thanks for the info, but that's not where mine is leaking. I'll try to get a pic.

#9 ·
What I'm referring to is the front part of the fuel rail under the engine cover; right in the middle of the fuel rail.

#12 ·
thanks for that. Hmmm ... i dunno what to say in regards to the differences. I bought the car used so I'm uncertain of its past.

#13 ·
#15 ·
It's not an '03. I own '06 Silver Se-R 6MT

#16 ·
The original poster had an '03, not I.

#20 ·
Cool, thanks. BTW, originally I never mentioned what year model I had; I guess that was an assumption on your part; also my year model is in my sig ;-)

#23 ·
Cool! thanks cheesewhizz for the information!

Reactions: cheesewhizz
#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.