The Nissan Club banner

What did you do to your 3rd gen today?

574K views 5K replies 238 participants last post by  sprocketser 
#1 ·
Why should the 4th gens get all the daily fun?!:soapbox:

Post you latest and mod(s) or crazy event with your altima here daily.

:shift::woot::shift:

#2,702 ·
Put on a new, used set of tires. They had about 90% tread on them. Hankook Optimo... THEY SUCK :banghead: . My partially baldded Continental Conti Pro Contacts had more grip then these, ugh, FML

#2,703 ·
last week was a down week I get each year for my car:

on par with my "gotta dump Money into this car" schedule.

shocks front- and rear. LCA's ordered. rubber is rotting out on mine
Valve cover seals front and rear. 150 and 100k on both. time to change!
Injector kit. and "core" for mine
fixed that damn squeeky seat.
checked Battery: showing 69% life remaining... so its got another 2 years easy
engine mount, rear engine mount was cracked but still holding on, replaced it
and after 300k miles my Right CV boot is starting to "fling oil" will get replacments after christmas.
new Wheel bearing's W/ CV joint install

at this point the OE water pump and OE timing chain are getting me worried. and my PS pump has been leaking for the last 2 years... meh

#2,706 ·
.....Came in The Mail Today!

Another piece of the jigsaw puzzle. My new 3" Cattman Y-Pipe. :)
I was very impressed with the quality and finish of the headers that arrived earlier this year, and this, this is the BEST looking Y-pipe I have ever seen! lol This was a b-day gift from my wife, (september) and just today she was asking me what do I want for Christmas. Oh happy day! What to get, what to get?!?!

#2,712 ·
#2,716 ·
A few things happened to me today. Just hit the 90,000 mark, picked up the BOSS rims from the guy Scott i bought them from on here, hit 130 mph in my car finally, aaaaand got a speeding ticket. Ticket was like an hour after i hit 130 though so unrelated speeding incidents lol, doing 26 over :/ trooper was bullshitting though cause i was following a car doing faster than me and he told me i was gaining on the car is why he clocked me and pulled me over. its whatever though, i just did the safety course not too long ago so itll dampen the effects of the ticket

#2,717 ·
^^ that will look good just needs brakes painted and lowered.

Sent from me

#2,718 ·
thanks. i plan on redoing the brakes, but gonna wait until at least the back ones need to be completely replaced so im not wasting good parts that are still usable. Gonna do the drilled and slotted, just dont know from what company yet. As far as lowering, ive heard horror stories i dont want to be one of them, roads in my area are crazy bad and tons of messed up train tracks that you have to almost come to a complete stop to cross

#2,733 ·
^ I know the excitement. :)

Well played.

sooooo i hydroplaned on an off ramp and spun out a lil more than 180 degrees. luckily it was getting late and not too many cars on the road.... i barely touched the guard rail with my tail light so now i gotta replace that. why cant i get lenses without replacing the whole light??? oh well thats cheaper than having to fix more tho... im still thankful
Good you're safe. And it is too bad there aren't replacement lenses, like BMW's have with their headlights and utilize a rubber gasket.

#2,724 · (Edited)
Went to a friend's shop to finally install my SR-S header, 2J Racing lightened pulley and new upper and lower 02 sensors. Also changed the oil with Mobil 1 advanced fuel economy 0w-30. A couple of the mounting holes had to be enlarged as the header didn't want to sit flush on the head. Had to modify a washer and a nut as well because the stock nut would have hit the weld around one of the headers tubes when tightened.
As far as the 02 sensors go, I had a feeling there were going bad. Mileage in the city was down to about 16.9. Now it is reading back up in the mid 20's. Throttle response feels great and I couldn't be happier about the mileage going back up!

#2,726 ·
Well it took a total of two days :p but 5 Piece NWP Spacer kit, and new NGJ Iridium plugs. Now I just need to figure out why I have no low end power and why my old plugs were fouled horribly with fuel. (brown threads and reeked of gas)

Also found that my Ingen cold air was pushing the MAF harness into the hood and all the wires were bare.

#2,727 · (Edited)
Brown is normal. make sure you are changing them soon enough If I remember the NGK's only lasted 25k. I ran mine 50 and they had Blistering which means the plug was in too long and was getting too hot. (IE: its worn out) Im playing around with their new "lazer" line of plugs. if they last longer then the IR's then I may keep using them. but we will see. I got 20 on em now. so ill have to pull one and see how its wearing.

Finally your loss of power could be because of those wires touching causing power issues.

#2,730 ·
sooooo i hydroplaned on an off ramp and spun out a lil more than 180 degrees. luckily it was getting late and not too many cars on the road.... i barely touched the guard rail with my tail light so now i gotta replace that. why cant i get lenses without replacing the whole light??? oh well thats cheaper than having to fix more tho... im still thankful

#2,738 ·
switched out the rims for the stock tires in preparation for the winter and all went well. Discovered one thing though .... floor panel rust hole, nooooooooo :'( idk how i missed it up until this point but its getting to me, an almost 11 year old car and thats the only spot of rust under the whole thing

#2,739 ·
So started peeling off the plasti dip that ive had on the altima for the past 8 months, finally getting sick of it. removing the dip panel by panel is a bit of a bitch right now just because of how long its set onto my car. anyways that should be done by the time the holiday is over. also put on new winter tires on the winter wheels. one thing with this is that the due who was putting the wheels back onto my car snapped one of my lug studs and they refused to be blamed. they were like whoever tightened them on before was using to much power in the torque wrench.. i was like um.. i hand torqued them... he was like... um... well i dunno my equipment couldnt get it off. anyways now im running with 4 lugs on my front passenger side tire. gotta go grab a new stud. how long can i go on 4?? just been busy to go get one.

lastly and im hoping you guys can help me with this. i guess i F'ed up both my cigerette lighters (the front one and the one in the arm rest). i checked the fuses and they are still fine but when i plug things into it it doesnt want to turn on. not sure exactly what the problem is and i dont know where to go from here.

#2,741 ·
You could drive your car till it dies with only 4 lugs per wheel. Not recommended but not worth worrying about.

Sent from me

#2,742 ·
Oh I'm not charging anything. I use it for my gps and my radar detector. I never charge things in my car.

#2,743 ·
Sweet thanks for the info. But I will be getting that one stud put in soon enough.

#2,746 ·
well, tried to tackle the rusting down low but got frustrated. just don't have all the tools on-hand to do damage. might just have to take it in for that. planning to do a clean out tomorrow though. overdue.

#2,747 ·
Got my passenger side wheel bearing changed and an oil change. I also cleaned up some wires for my radio and fixed up my back up camera. Found the problem for my not being able to shift out of park and it was a blown fuse. Finally repairing the damage from that deer so bumper and new fender gets put on tomorrow.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.