What did you do to your 3rd gen today? - Page 83 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1231 Old 04-01-2012, 10:42 PM
REDLINE.KULTURA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So i figure i havent posted anything in a while so heres a little update of what i did this weekend. I went down to this TunerWorks custom automotive shop.
(The had a GTR / Ferrari 430 and and porsche 911 in there haha, felt so out of place with my altima)
anyways, i went in there to get a quote on a bunch of parts:
wheels
crankshaft
exhaust
coilovers
headers
They seem to be able to offer me everything, so i gave them all the info they need for the parts. and they are gonna be giving me a call tomorrow with a list of parts for my car and the installation costs. kinda excited to see what they can offer me. took me such a long time to finally find a parts shop like this that offers everything where i live. haha

Current: 2006 Altima 2.5S | Injen Intake | SRS Header | Resonator Delete | Racingline Strut Bar | 6000k Lows / 3000k Fogs | SE-R Taillights | M3 Roof & Trunk Spoiler | LED Interior Package | 5% Rear Tints | Smoked Taillights | Matte Black Emblem | Matte Black OEM 240SX Wheels / Matte Black Mirrors
To Come: 2011 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T

Owner of REDLINE.KULTURA Car Club in YYC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1232 Old 04-02-2012, 12:24 AM

why do you need a new crank? planning to boost?

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5s
#1233 Old 04-02-2012, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Haha I know what you mean. I was at Boost Logic a couple weeks ago and they had 3 GTR's, 3 Supras, Porsche GT2, 2 IS300's, and a 360 Modeno. To top it all off, every car had 1100+ HP lol. Anyway, it's good you found a parts shop. Hopefully the take care of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0NYD1DZ View Post
So i figure i havent posted anything in a while so heres a little update of what i did this weekend. I went down to this TunerWorks custom automotive shop.
(The had a GTR / Ferrari 430 and and porsche 911 in there haha, felt so out of place with my altima)
anyways, i went in there to get a quote on a bunch of parts:
wheels
crankshaft
exhaust
coilovers
headers
They seem to be able to offer me everything, so i gave them all the info they need for the parts. and they are gonna be giving me a call tomorrow with a list of parts for my car and the installation costs. kinda excited to see what they can offer me. took me such a long time to finally find a parts shop like this that offers everything where i live. haha

2012 370z Pearl White Touring 6sp M/T w/ Nav
2005 Altima SE-R Smoke 6sp M/T ~ 270whp/240tq
Cattman Headers ~ JWT C2 Cams/Springs ~ UpRev Osiris ~ 350z Rev-Up Oil pump ~ 350z HR Head bolts ~ ARP Rod Bolts ~ nismo CAI ~ NWP 5pc Spacers ~ SFR IM ~ Red Lion Motor/Trans Mounts ~ EGR/Vias/Stock Oil Cooler Delete ~ Stillen Pulley ~ Axxtion STS ~ Goodridge SS Brake Lines ~ RL Y-Pipe/Front-Rear Endlinks ~ Full Wire Tuck ~ Battery Relocated to Trunk ~ BC Racing Coilovers ~ Red Lion Shifter Bushings ~ Racingline Strut Bar ~ KCMaxx Rear Strut Bar ~ Mishimoto Radiator ~ AAM Fuel Return System ~ CMod Grille ~ Manual Steering Rack
#1234 Old 04-02-2012, 01:32 AM
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Tony, I know it's a good feeling to have a shop in your area to get parts from. But depending on the scarcity of the parts you're looking to get, let us know about the pricing they provide FIRST before you pull triggers and blow money. We'll let you know whether they're raping you or not, lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_turner_02 View Post
just found out that in 2 hours I will be dressing up like justin effing bieber and lip syncing to one of his songs at a damn pep rally in front of the entire school.....fml
#1235 Old 04-02-2012, 01:37 AM

^^That
#1236 Old 04-02-2012, 02:18 AM
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013

Didn't do anything to my 3rd gen yet, but I was cleaning up my garage and I came across my remote starter kit that I bought a VERY long time ago and never installed it as it just sat around in a bag. So, I will be adding that to my DIY list of projects this season.

I kinda don't want to carry another key fob around, but whatever. This shit looks like a PITA to install, but I ain't going out like no punk bitch haha.

Quote:
just found out that in 2 hours I will be dressing up like justin effing bieber and lip syncing to one of his songs at a damn pep rally in front of the entire school.....fml
#1237 Old 04-02-2012, 02:22 AM

detailed my car today

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5s
#1238 Old 04-02-2012, 03:14 AM

Speaking of fobs.. Do you guys have a trunk pop button on yours? I don't...
#1239 Old 04-02-2012, 03:42 AM

Really? Do you have an after market alarm? I have 4 buttons the top being lock then unlock trunk and panic, the drunk button have to be pressed and held for a few seconds before the trunk pops.
#1240 Old 04-02-2012, 03:43 AM
REDLINE.KULTURA

wow how did i not get any of these updates on my phone. yea i will definitely be posting up the prices on here tomorrow, for you guys to help me decide. lol its crazy how much i check out this site before i buy something.. hopefully they call me tomorrow with the parts. i want to turbo but it might not be for a year.. i would love to get everything updated and ready before that time though. Ah shoot haha did i write crankshaft!! shoot i meant camshaft lol!! oops hahaha. my bad. i found some on Brian Crower Stage 2 Camshafts for 02-06 Nissan Altima at Andy's Auto Sport but not too sure if $600 is too much haha. but ya it felt good to finally find that shop.

Current: 2006 Altima 2.5S | Injen Intake | SRS Header | Resonator Delete | Racingline Strut Bar | 6000k Lows / 3000k Fogs | SE-R Taillights | M3 Roof & Trunk Spoiler | LED Interior Package | 5% Rear Tints | Smoked Taillights | Matte Black Emblem | Matte Black OEM 240SX Wheels / Matte Black Mirrors
To Come: 2011 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T

Owner of REDLINE.KULTURA Car Club in YYC
#1241 Old 04-02-2012, 03:49 AM
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013

Yeah I have the trunk option too...

Quote:
#1242 Old 04-02-2012, 03:53 AM

When I bought my 03 altima new I had no idea that it had a in-cabin filter and the dealership didn't tell me that I had one so i never put a second thought into it. So about a year ago I took my titan in for something and while I was there I asked them if my altima had one, they said no that my car did not and that only some 2003's did come with it but mine didnt. On friday I was changing the in-cabin filters in my titan and suzuki and decided to see if my altima had one, and GUESS WHAT IT DID. So after about 9 years and 60K miles, I Changed my in-cabin filter for the first time ever.
#1243 Old 04-02-2012, 03:58 AM

in cabin air filter?...whew...guess I better get on that one..my Exploder and of course the Cutlass doent have those...unless you count a air freshener in front of air vent..lolz

wifes pocket rocket...05 Sheer Silver SE-R 6mt, megan racing headers, greddy catback, pulley, ebay grille and more unknown..need to find the original owner from Florida who owned this car!
98 Explorer 5.0 true duals 3rd seat lift coming soon..4406 and 5spd swap..mine
71 Cutlass S 4wdb...our restomod project.
#1244 Old 04-02-2012, 04:03 AM
Team Sun*Works

Drove, Scraped, Drove some more, Scraped some more then parked it :-D lmao

BTW I have the trunk key on my FOB as well.

Team Leader- Sun*Works Florida
2006 Sheer Silver 2.5S DWSParts.com Sponsored
#1245 Old 04-02-2012, 04:16 AM

Nope. It's the stock alarm. Only 3 buttons. The trunk doesn't have a keyhole either. Only way to open it is in the car. I want to ask the dealer if I can get a fab that has the trunk on it. I want a drunk button!!! Well an UN-drunk button would be more suitable lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMA2.5SL View Post
Really? Do you have an after market alarm? I have 4 buttons the top being lock then unlock trunk and panic, the drunk button have to be pressed and held for a few seconds before the trunk pops.
$600 is a great price for cams! Not sure what Brian Crower cams normally go for though. I paid $1200 for my JWT cams and another $200 or so for springs. Whole deal was about $1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0NYD1DZ View Post
wow how did i not get any of these updates on my phone. yea i will definitely be posting up the prices on here tomorrow, for you guys to help me decide. lol its crazy how much i check out this site before i buy something.. hopefully they call me tomorrow with the parts. i want to turbo but it might not be for a year.. i would love to get everything updated and ready before that time though. Ah shoot haha did i write crankshaft!! shoot i meant camshaft lol!! oops hahaha. my bad. i found some on Brian Crower Stage 2 Camshafts for 02-06 Nissan Altima at Andy's Auto Sport but not too sure if $600 is too much haha. but ya it felt good to finally find that shop.

Last edited by steeds; 04-02-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode