The Nissan Club banner

What did you do to your 3rd gen today?

574K views 5K replies 238 participants last post by  sprocketser 
#1 ·
Why should the 4th gens get all the daily fun?!:soapbox:

Post you latest and mod(s) or crazy event with your altima here daily.

:shift::woot::shift:

#3,198 ·
I'm missing my car terribly. Sunday I was driving and car started over heating for no reason, checked fluids but everything seemed fine. Figured the thermastat was stuck despite being two weeks old. A couple miles later, car starts shaking are wants to shut off. I get it towed home and the head seperated again. Too much pressure again so mechanic wants to replace the top head. Not putting anymore money in the old girl so shopping around this weekend. No idea what I want now.

#3,200 ·
No idea, it's weird because I still want to stay in the modding community only with bigger plans. One side of me is like it's g35 or tl time but then it's like get something normal and save on gas and parts.

I like the 3rd gen altima enough to get a newer 3.5 with under 30k but I know that will be a witch hunt. I've had this car for 7 years and it was my first nice car so I'm bias towards anything else.

Gonna keep searching until something hits my eye.

#3,201 ·
finally got around to getting me a srs header will be putting that on next week!

#3,206 ·
sweet notice much of a difference with it?

#3,203 · (Edited)
Got 2012 Maxima 18" rims over the weekend. Took a while to track down those over priced lug nuts. ($4.65 per nut. $96 after tax)
To cut a long story short, I located them and had the wheels installed. Car looks glorious. The rims still have a 'peel here' sticker & one has very little curb rash.

Oh, another thing. I plastidipped my grill & emblem. Came out ok. Tried to replicate on the chrome around the doors. Failed horribly.

Will upload the pics in the appropriate thread. Or am I allowed to do it on here?

EDIT
Cant seem to be able to upload straight from my Auto Guide App. IDK whats up.
Anyway, here are the pictures

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

IMAG1949 by cinkmoot, on Flickr

#3,211 ·
worked on setting up my coilovers better

#3,214 ·
not even worth having to look at either lol

#3,217 ·
Bought the last thing I need off amazon to complete my suspension swap.

RL springs + kyb excel-g + new front strut boots.

Is there anything wrong with me installing the rears first? Strut boots will be here in about two weeks or so. I will have my struts sometime this week and I already have springs. I was thinking of doing the rears first and then doing the fronts once the boots arrive.

#3,218 ·
LOL!
HUUUGE SIG!

anywho, my replacement fog light assembly came in today as for some reason, something cracked or "exploded" with my old drivers side assembly. heres the video at night. will be doing some aiming and whatnot this weekend but they are pretty level, no higher than 3 feet off the ground from 12 feet away.

3000k Fog Lights - 06 Altima - YouTube

#3,219 ·
Began installing my excel-g shocks + rl springs.

Got the right rear done. Began working on the rear left, the first nut I tried to remove from the upper shock snapped off...........

Going to tow it to my mechanic and let him deal with it. Anyway, so my cars rear right has RL and the left stock.

So far, there is no difference in height. It looks like the RL springs don't lower my car AT ALL. These better settle or I just wasted a bunch of money.

#3,220 ·
Did you not realize that the rear springs lower by only .5"?. The front will lower by 2". That will make the wheel gap even. Not bashing but what you should have been doing while waiting for you front set up to arrive was soaking the fasteners in PB blaster. You'll be happy with the results once you get the front done. Good luck!.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#3,222 · (Edited)
Just hit the 80 G mile mark while I was out driving around yesterday, so I just picked up some more Amsoil 5W30 Synthetic OE from my neighbor today who is a certified Amsoil salesman, and I also picked up an STP oil filter from Auto Zone, along with a bottle of Lucas Fuel Treatment for the fuel system.

I already filled the tank today and then dumped in the bottle of Lucas Fuel treatment, and I'll be doing the oil change a bit later after some yard work.

I cleaned the car up yesterday and hit the whole thing with some quick wax, and later today I'll towel the whole thing down again, as well as hit the outside windows with some Invisible Glass, which I also picked up today when I was at Auto Zone.

AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oil and Engine Oil

Lucas Fuel Treatment : Lucas Oil

Invisible Glass | No Streaks | Glass Cleaner

http://www.stp.com/maintenance/basic-maintenance/belts-hoses-and-other-fluids/

I'm just wondering if there is enough daylight in the day to get all of this taken care of.:confused2

Updated pic of the Altima all cleaned up and looking all shiny & sexy coming sometime later.

#3,231 ·
I'm assuming you flipped the spring to see if it fit better, I'm not sure if that would make a difference. When I swapped the rear springs it was very straight forward. The front springs only required spring compressed to remove the stock spring if you planning to keep them. The front RL springs fit and install without the use of the compressor. Before installing the spring place the strut in a bench vice, take a shop rag and prime the strut by pressing down on the piston then allow the piston extract. Do this a few times to get the oil moving.

#3,232 · (Edited)
When putting your rear spring in, did you have any trouble with the lower control arm getting pushed sideways? I didn't pay any attention whether the stock spring did this, or if it did it with no spring. But I had to push the arm forward while jacking it up to get it in line with the bit you put the screw through.

I checked my car again. Stock springs with my sub taken out is 1 finger gap. Side with rl springs is 2 fingers.

#3,236 ·
Fixed a small dent by removing door panel. Had some scratches to and use turtle wax color magic black for the first time. I hate turtle wax let me first say.. But this was just for black cars, also cam with a chip stick.. Have to say it worked fairly well, better than my favorite meguirs products with the exception of their wax which is phenomenal. All in all if you have a black car try it. My advise by hand small areas at a time and do not let it sit for more than a couple minutes. If using a buffer.. I started but stopped bc of annoying splatter.. Keep it somewhat wet bc it is a pita if you let it dry too much.

#3,238 ·
installed my srs header today and took a few pics of my retros finally

#3,239 ·
Header looks great! You should have had them ceramic coated bronze so that they would look new for a very long time though...... :( Always look great new. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.