The Nissan Club banner

05 Altima AC blower stuck on high

43K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ScottieBoy 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 Altima 2.5S, with regular/manual AC controls. The AC in my Altima is suddenly stuck on high all of a sudden. Even turning the dial to off or even unplugging the AC control panel will not shut off the blower. The ONLY thing that will shut it off is shutting off the car and removing the key from the ignition. I have searched and only found people having issues with their blower only working on high, and dead in every other position. Mine is stuck on high no matter what position, even off. Any ideas?

#4 ·
From everything I have searched, and what I found under my dash, it seems that I dont have a blower motor resistor. Mine has the "Fan control amplifier". I have found a few write ups on how to repair this thing, but does anyone know where I can just buy a new one?

#5 ·
Ok, so I do have a blower motor resistor. From all the online searching I have been doing, it seems that I have the manual controls but I have a blower motor resistor for the auto controls. This type of blower motor resistor is also called a "blower motor fan control amplifier".

This is what I have.

The cheapest I have found it online is 83 bucks plus shipping.
I also found this tutorial on how to repair it, but I have no idea what parts to buy to repair it. The links in that write up say the item is obsolete. I am very good at soldering and I am quite sure I can repair this if I knew what parts to get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.