LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Random LIMP MODE...no code?

I have a '02 Altima 2.5S
Here is the problem.

I was running errands and the car was fine. After leaving a store, I can't get the car to start. After letting it sit for 3 mins, the car starts right up. As I try to drive away, the car puts itself in limp mode, but the Check Engine Light doesn't come on. I park the car again, turn if off. Let it set for 5 mins and start it again, the car starts but it is still in limp mode. I take it to a mechanic, and upon diagnoses, there are no codes he can pull off of the car. He started that car, and the car wasn't in limp mode anymore, he had the car for 3 days and couldn't replicate the problem. He reset the computer and said that since he couldn't replicate it, he couldn't do anything else with my car. The car hasn't gone into Limp mode since that day about 6 days ago. The day after I got the car back, the battery dies and the car won't start. I got it jumped, and used i the rest of the day. The day after, its fine. Today, the car won't start again, and the battery has died again. I got this battery in Nov of 2010.

Work I've had done on the car in the past 3 months:
New tie rod ends and sway bar links.
New motor mounts.
Transmission flush.
Power Steering flush.
Oil Change
New Pre-cat
New CC
New O2 sensors
New MAF sensor
New Crank Sensor
New Timing Belt

Does anyone know why it would randomly go into Limp Mode and then not be in Limp mode the next day? Why no codes? Why a 7 month old battery would randomly die after not showing any signs of fatigue?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2011, 01:03 PM
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Garage
Well... How do u know it was in limp mode? Usually it throws a code for it to go into lm. As far as the battery, i'm sure it's not the battery, but something cause'n the battery to go dead. Have you done any major electrical work to it?

Old 08-10-2011, 10:18 PM

I'm pretty sure it was in limp mode b/c about a year ago when I had to replace the crank sensor, it went into limp mode, and the car was acting the same way. What the mechanic told me is that a code wasn't thrown b/c it wasn't in limp mode when he started driving it, but if he could replicate the problem, he'd be able to pull a code off of it. I haven't had any electrical work done on the car in the past two years.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:57 AM
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Garage
it's just randomly acting weak? or does it seem underpowered? also, have u lost any MPG's?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode