*NOOBIES* - The "I AM NEW HERE BUT HAVE A GENERAL QUESTION" thread
Thanks you Gene. I stole this from you
Rules are simple:
1) NOOBS only! If you have any question pertaining to the GENERAL MAKEUP of a 3rd generation Altima, ask it here.
2) If a member chooses to answer the question, please quote it to keep the confusion to a minimum.
3) NO FLAMING!
4) No SPAM whatsoever.
5) No post-whoring.
6) This is NOT a substitute for using the SEARCH FUNCTION! We are more then fortunate enough to have an administrator that has allowed us to use it so if you feel that your question may have been asked before, just SEARCH!
I'm getting tired of newbs coming on here and making a new thread every single time they have a question. This way they have a single thread to ask their questions in. This is also a simple way to meet the members that have been on the forum for years.
05 3.5 SE Satin White
Nismo CAI, Rays Eng. Nismo 18x8.5 w/BFG 245/45Z/18, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, SER Tails & R. Bumper, SER Springs/Struts/Shocks,
Stillen RSB, Stillen Front Lip, Active Tuning S5 Grille, 20% Tint, Nismo Mats, M3 Rear Window Spoiler and Blacked out emblems.
Hey guys i have a quick question, I dont know if this is just a battery problem or a bad circuit or what it might be. o there are two parts to this question i guess... the first one is.
My driver and passenger side window control, ( on the driver side door so there are the four window switches) ya anyways, whenever i lift it all the way up, so you can feel that i guess second click for the windows to rise alone. When i do that and the windows reach the top (close) it all of a sudden opens up and goes about a quarter ways down... it started happening about half a year ago.. last summer i believe and i never thought to much of it but its turning into quite an annoying thing.. and yes i am that lazy to just hold up the switch until it closes all the way. Does anyone know what might be causing this.. like could there be something inside the top of the window cill and its not closing.. i know some cars have that if its automatically closing and someone or something gets in the way it automatically backs off and opens again. so my thought it that or some knd of bircuit issue.
Secondly My windows seem to take a very very long time to open and close in the winter.. like most windows take about maybe 2 1/2 second or 3 to shut completely i dunno. but mine in the winter atleast take a good 4 to 5 seconds to completely shut. is that normal when its cold or should the weather not be affecting how quickly my windows open or close.
Thanks guys any thoughts would be awesome, sorry for the long question but i figured i would use this thread instead of creating a new one
1. Check the manual and see if your year came with pinch protection or something like that. Not sure if the Altima's had it or not. But if it does, the window may just need re-normalized. If its not that, try lubing the window seals with rubber care spray or some kind of lube that isnt sticky and wont smear.
2. Yes thats normal when its cold, mine do the same thing.
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.