Just sent Nissan an email about their troublesome precats - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-29-2012, 03:00 AM
Stickers make my car fast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Just sent Nissan an email about their troublesome precats

I just sent this email to Nissan USA hoping to get some help fixing my precat problem. If your unaware of my problem, please look in my thread history (P0420 & P0430 codes) to find it , it may be of some help to you someday. Honestly I dont expect Nissan to even reply but I couldnt just sit by and say nothing.

Dear Sirs,
Hi my name is Rick Harrill and I have an 05 Altima SE. My car currently has just passed 100,000 miles. I have religously kept my car maintained and in pristine condition.
With that said, for the last two yrs I have had repeated problems with the car, some of which were normal repairs and some were not in my opinion. My current issues are SES codes that require precat repacement. I have done ALOT of research over the last week and it seems that this has been a huge problem for many Altima owners and Nissan. Im am hoping that my car is on the list of cars given an extended warranty due to this reoccuring issue. I also read there were recalls issued for some Altima models as well.
If you(Nissan) would have informed all the buyers prior to their purchase that the car would require expensive emmision parts to be replaced shortly after the warranty ended, how many of those folks would have chosen a Nissan.
I have been a loyal Nissan customer all of my driving life. I had a '83 Datsun 200sx for 6yrs, a '91 Hardbody truck for 15yrs and my Altima for nearly 6yrs now. There are currently 6 Nissans in my immediate family right now. We all love your products and deserve to be treated like the repeat and loyal customers we are. I hope to be hearing from one of your staff members very soon regarding whats been mentioned so far.
I am a husband and father of 2 and honestly I cant afford to spend $1000+ on something I feel should last the life of the car.
Nissan cant deny the problems they have had out of these precat systems, and many cases even resulted in engine replacements. I'm not exactly sure what Nissans plans are for the future but I hope it will include me as a customer.
Thank you for your time and please get back to me as soon as you can, I really need to get this problem fixed and I'm hoping you can help me.
Sincerly, Rick

05 3.5 SE Satin White
Nismo CAI, Rays Eng. Nismo 18x8.5 w/BFG 245/45Z/18, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, SER Tails & R. Bumper, SER Springs/Struts/Shocks,
Stillen RSB, Stillen Front Lip, Active Tuning S5 Grille, 20% Tint, Nismo Mats, M3 Rear Window Spoiler and Blacked out emblems.

Last edited by rick66; 02-29-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-29-2012, 03:05 AM

Nice letter. Well put.
If only there was a way to eliminate the precats easily without throwing ses codes and calling it a day.

What symptoms are you having other than the ses light being on ?
#3 Old 02-29-2012, 03:14 AM

(Thread Starter)
None...car runs perfectly. Im just worried I may be destoying my engine if not completely fixed soon. Go check out the code thread I mentioned, there is some good info in it.
Thx

05 3.5 SE Satin White
Nismo CAI, Rays Eng. Nismo 18x8.5 w/BFG 245/45Z/18, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, SER Tails & R. Bumper, SER Springs/Struts/Shocks,
Stillen RSB, Stillen Front Lip, Active Tuning S5 Grille, 20% Tint, Nismo Mats, M3 Rear Window Spoiler and Blacked out emblems.
#4 Old 02-29-2012, 03:34 AM

If you get a P0420 code and the engine is running well, it might be that your cat is dirty rather than damaged. The ECU will throw a code if the cat is working at only just below 95% efficiency. I would take it for an good long ride on the highway to help burn out some deposits. Clear the code, then see if it comes back. You may need to do this a few times over several hundred miles.

You can also clean out your cats and just about everything else in the car internals by dumping 1 gal of lacquer thinner into a tank of 10 gal of gas (exactly half a tank on the 2002+ Altimas). It works really well, but do this only in gasoline engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick66 View Post
None...car runs perfectly. Im just worried I may be destoying my engine if not completely fixed soon. Go check out the code thread I mentioned, there is some good info in it.
Thx
#5 Old 02-29-2012, 03:34 AM

Yeah i hear you. I deleted my 3rd cat and resonator. I did it mainly for the sound but at the same time it makes me think if im somewhat helping out the exhaust flow freer and easier thus buying the car some time from clogging its precats. It's a dumb assumption lol but it has me thinking sometimes.
#6 Old 02-29-2012, 06:00 PM

you should include how all of their 6speeds ARE TERRIBLE and clutch falls to ground with no real "explination or fix"

8K HID Low Beams+Fogs\\Amber LED Interior\\Axxtion Short Throw Shifter\\Hood Pins\\M3 styled Roof Spoiler\\Nismo CAI\\NWP Block Off Plate\\NWP Phenolic Thermal Intake Manifold Spacer (5pce)\\Pioneer Z130BT Navigation w/ Backup Camera\\Plasti Dip'd SE-R Wheels\\Racingline Performance FTSB\\Racingline Performance High Flow Pre-Cats\\Racingline Performance Lowering Springs\\Racingline Performance Y-Pipe\\Redline Hood Quick Lift –Elite\\S5 grille with SE-R\\Superstreet Horns\\Tints 35%/25%/15% \\Yellow Painted Calipers
#7 Old 02-29-2012, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
^^^ I've heard of the clutch issued but never had a problem with it myself
#8 Old 02-29-2012, 07:13 PM

If you don't get a response from this email try posting it on their Facebook. I'm sure that'll get their attention.

© Smoke 2005 Altima 3.5 SE (5AT)
Σ NISMO Mufflers | Cattman Y-Pipe w/ HFC | RacingLine Performance HFPC, FSTB, Battery Tie Bar & Grounding Kit | NWP BBTB | NWP 3pc Spacers | VMS Racing Oil Catch-Can | Custom Injen AirBox | VIAS P&P | Enkei Raijin | SE-R Front facelift | MTEC HID 6000K | RedlineTuning Hood Lifts | R1 Concepts Slotted Rotors | Posi-Quiet Ceramic Pads | Goodridge SS Brake lines | Tint | Altima SS Step Plates | C-Mod Grille | Custom CF License Frame | OLD: 14.96 @ 93.45 MPH (Cat-back only)
Δ Future Mods: Ralco Crank Pulley
#9 Old 02-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Ctrl-F Yourself

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Or twitter.

honestly, I'll be surprised if you don't get this letter back:

Dear Rick,

Fcuk you.

Sincerely,

ItAintBrokeDontFixIt

E-Racings Front|Tint|Tsudo Catback|Verde 18's|Woodgrain Dash Kit|Tinted Tails|Vinyl Behind Mirrors| Too Much to List!
DIY LED Tursignals In Mirrors|DIY Projector Retrofit|What You Need to Convert to OEM HID|Nissan Factory Service Manual Here|How To Check/Clear SES Codes HERE|Upgrading The Stock Halogen Headlights|Detailed Description of HID and Angel Eyes

BEST IN CLASS AT 2009 CANAL DAYS CAR SHOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeVQ35 View Post
Your car is like the ugly chick that all the guys look at in disbelief, but she tells all her girlfriends that guys are constantly checking her out.
#10 Old 02-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Ctrl-F Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle69 View Post
you should include how all of their 6speeds ARE TERRIBLE and clutch falls to ground with no real "explination or fix"
Its just a shitty slave cylinder

E-Racings Front|Tint|Tsudo Catback|Verde 18's|Woodgrain Dash Kit|Tinted Tails|Vinyl Behind Mirrors| Too Much to List!
DIY LED Tursignals In Mirrors|DIY Projector Retrofit|What You Need to Convert to OEM HID|Nissan Factory Service Manual Here|How To Check/Clear SES Codes HERE|Upgrading The Stock Halogen Headlights|Detailed Description of HID and Angel Eyes

Quote:
Your car is like the ugly chick that all the guys look at in disbelief, but she tells all her girlfriends that guys are constantly checking her out.
#11 Old 02-29-2012, 11:39 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoAltimaGuy View Post
If you don't get a response from this email try posting it on their Facebook. I'm sure that'll get their attention.
Good idea! I will do that for sure....the more I think about this, the more aggitated and motivated I am becoming. I think Im gonna pester the shit out of them until I either get results or the fcuk you response 200hpAltima mentioned.

05 3.5 SE Satin White

Last edited by rick66; 03-01-2012 at 12:00 AM. Reason: damn typo
#12 Old 02-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Ctrl-F Yourself

Keep us updated and believe me...I have enough problems to feed this fire for months! lmao

Quote:
#13 Old 02-29-2012, 11:58 PM
Low & Fast...

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Try using 4 Dot fluid, that should fix your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle69 View Post

I thought the cats were under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick66 View Post
Good idea! I will do that for sure....the more I think about this, the more aggitated and motivated I am becoming. I think Im gonna pester the shit out of them until I either get results or the fcuk response 200hpAltima mentioned.

06 SE VQ 5spd sleeper ll...

#14 Old 02-29-2012, 11:59 PM
Shaving My Shoulders

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I feel the same way about my pc's and my secondary timing chain tensioners

Good letter, Rick. Keep us posted...

Sent from my HTC EVO, bizneeaatch...

|2005 3.5SE|HEAVILY MODDED |
#15 Old 03-01-2012, 12:08 AM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
I feel the same way about my pc's and my secondary timing chain tensioners

Good letter, Rick. Keep us posted...

Sent from my HTC EVO, bizneeaatch...
I will Riza....they have no idea how much of a pain in the ass I can be. My wife said she was gonna call em and tell them to just buy me some new cats because they wont want whats coming their way if they dont. lol

05 3.5 SE Satin White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode