LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-12-2012, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cost to get the front bumper repainted

Hi

I have a nissan 2005 altima (Silver) and the paint on the front bumper has chipped off. I want to get it repainted and would like to know the avg cost before I start bargaining in the market.

I live in Houston, texas and if you know a good place to get this job done then do mention it.

Many Thanks in advance.

Mohit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-12-2012, 07:47 PM
It's the llama talking

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Every time I check with body shops up here it's in the $375-450 range. Just for the bumper.

05 3.5SE AT
Lightly modded
#3 Old 06-12-2012, 11:30 PM

It also depends on the prep work needed. And every shop is gonna have different prices. Just get some quotes.

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5s
#4 Old 06-13-2012, 02:18 PM
registered owner

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
In August 2008, I paid $200 at Crown Nissan in Greenville, SC to fix a deep scratch and repaint the entire rear bumper. Still looks good and paint holding up.

2006 SE-R/AT. Racingline FSB, Grounding kit, Nismo CAI, DW65c fuel pump, Sachs SuperTouring struts/shocks, 18" Maxima rims, DrawTite hitch, Yakima Highlite rack, Kumho LX Platinum, Custom foil+ensolite 1lb/sqft sound deadening, 40% 3M tint
#5 Old 06-13-2012, 02:36 PM

(Thread Starter)
this info helps me .. if dealership charged $200 then I think i should get a deal around $150 in open market ..
#6 Old 06-13-2012, 03:35 PM
It's the llama talking

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Sheesh...I must have a screw me sticker on my car.
#7 Old 06-13-2012, 07:56 PM

350 at a local shop, but the best around it all depends on quality man. You gotta pay to play, and I dont mess around with paint top quality for me in that department only

AND he said front bumper, not rear to the 200 guy

8K HID Low Beams+Fogs\\Amber LED Interior\\Axxtion Short Throw Shifter\\Hood Pins\\M3 styled Roof Spoiler\\Nismo CAI\\NWP Block Off Plate\\NWP Phenolic Thermal Intake Manifold Spacer (5pce)\\Pioneer Z130BT Navigation w/ Backup Camera\\Plasti Dip'd SE-R Wheels\\Racingline Performance FTSB\\Racingline Performance High Flow Pre-Cats\\Racingline Performance Lowering Springs\\Racingline Performance Y-Pipe\\Redline Hood Quick Lift –Elite\\S5 grille with SE-R\\Superstreet Horns\\Tints 35%/25%/15% \\Yellow Painted Calipers
#8 Old 06-15-2012, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit.sarda View Post
Hi

I have a nissan 2005 altima (Silver) and the paint on the front bumper has chipped off. I want to get it repainted and would like to know the avg cost before I start bargaining in the market.

I live in Houston, texas and if you know a good place to get this job done then do mention it.

Many Thanks in advance.

Mohit
Hi Mohit,

Last June (2011) I bought a S5 grille and took it to MAACO. They painted it for $97 since there was no real prep work to do. I figured...what the heck - and had them paint the whole front bumper and mirror caps for an additional $256.54 including tax. That included sanding and smoothing out the bumper and mirror caps, paint and clear coat. The work was satisfactory and has withheld up to this time. Just my personal experience. Oh, BTW...I live in SE Michigan.

~Gino

2005 Altima SE-R - Completely Debadged l Tint l S5 Grille l Dimpled & Slotted Rotors l Racingline Lowering Springs l Custom Anthracite Powdercoated G35 Staggered Rims l 225/245 NEXEN3000 Summer Tires
2007 Acura TL Type S - Nighthawk Black Pearl l Taupe/Ebony Leather interior
1996 Acura NSX-T - Berlina Black l Custom Black/Red Leather Interior
#9 Old 06-15-2012, 11:16 AM

your best bet is to just go around and ask for estimates. best of luck

8K HID Low Beams+Fogs\\Amber LED Interior\\Axxtion Short Throw Shifter\\Hood Pins\\M3 styled Roof Spoiler\\Nismo CAI\\NWP Block Off Plate\\NWP Phenolic Thermal Intake Manifold Spacer (5pce)\\Pioneer Z130BT Navigation w/ Backup Camera\\Plasti Dip'd SE-R Wheels\\Racingline Performance FTSB\\Racingline Performance High Flow Pre-Cats\\Racingline Performance Lowering Springs\\Racingline Performance Y-Pipe\\Redline Hood Quick Lift –Elite\\S5 grille with SE-R\\Superstreet Horns\\Tints 35%/25%/15% \\Yellow Painted Calipers
#10 Old 06-15-2012, 12:30 PM

In New York, I had my front bumper destroyed. The cost to get a replacement bumper, and sand it down and repaint from scratch was roughly $375, $200 for paint work BUT it was done cheap so It's slowly starting to crackle and flake. That's what you get for going the cheap route. It's not terrible, it's been 2 years however, the fact that I live in New York has something to do with it too. No ones bumpers are safe in this state. Especially if you go to the city a lot or live near it.

#11 Old 06-16-2012, 02:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I'm in NY and after doing the SER front end conversion on my 03 I had the front bumper repainted by a local shop for $125, couldnt be happier just got call around

#12 Old 06-16-2012, 04:09 AM

Speaking of painting the bumpers. I am thinking of getting my front bumper repainted, and the hood (because the black is starting to fade terribly)... I have always washed it by hand and had it professionally waxed. The rest of the car, however is in pretty decent shape for 7 years old.

Had my mirrors repainted by a local shop in the town I used to work, and he did both mirrors, with clear coat. Total I believe was $70 for those two, and they haven't faded or cracked one bit in the last year and a half.

Anyone else had trouble with the hood fading on black SE-Rs and able to do anything to prolong the shine? I have clay barred, used a compound, used the Black Box from Turtle Wax, and tons of other options (not all at once, of course) and I haven't been able to do much to restore shine, though it hasn't faded much since. Any tips or tricks would be great.
#13 Old 06-19-2012, 05:14 PM

I feel your pain. The clearcoat on my Super Black SER is basically gone now. I always wash and wax by hand, so I was shocked to see it go so fast. I assume its due to a shoddy OEM paint job and having it parked outside year round. Currently shopping around for quotes on hood and front bumper myself.

'05 Altima SE-R Super Black
Debadged | TEIN H Tech Springs (front)| Racingline Springs (rear) | UR Sc Pulley | Front MMI | AEM CAI | CE Downpipe | Mossy Cat-Back | AT Grounding Kit | AT S5 Grill | Axxtion STS | VIAS Mod | NWP Phenolic IM Spacers | IM P&P | Technosquare Reflash | Racingline FSTB | Racingline Rear Endlinks | Racingline HFPC
#14 Old 06-21-2012, 03:05 AM
Sarcastic Member

I'm about to have mine repainted for $275 along with my grill. Both are all chipped up from rocks and shit..

I don't understand why the front of this car has weathered so much! Compared to my 19 year old Camry, I don't think I have a single rock chip on my front bumper of that car and I'm closing in on 300k miles so its always on the road!

03 SE 5sp*traded
05 SER 6sp
93 Camry LE-312k miles and still going as of 11/13 Oww!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/285101/1

Last edited by NVS aLtiMa; 06-21-2012 at 03:07 AM.
#15 Old 10-14-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Blackalti View Post
I'm in NY and after doing the SER front end conversion on my 03 I had the front bumper repainted by a local shop for $125, couldnt be happier just got call around
hey, im in NYC and looking to get mine done. Can I have your shops info?

THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode