Replaced cam/crank sensors, didn't help - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-14-2012, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Replaced cam/crank sensors, didn't help

I have a 2.5L altima with 82,000 miles. Common problem, 0335 and 0725 codes came on, symptoms are a hard start and quick engine revving on the highway.

I bought two Duralast SU6364 sensors and replaced the original OEM crankshaft and camshaft sensors.

From what I've read it seems that this fixes the problem immediately. In my case it didn't, and the same symptoms still persist.

I also tried removing the air filter, and checking to see if that little hot wire anemometer that senses air flow was dirty. It wasn't. Doesn't seem like an airflow problem causing it.

I don't know what else to check. I also can not get the connector off of the new crankshaft sensor because of the way it is now rotated 180 degrees (thinking maybe it was a bad brand new sensor).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-15-2012, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Which sensor did u get? The redesigned once, with the aluminum casting or plastic?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
#3 Old 10-15-2012, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Plus u might want to check your spark plugs.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
#4 Old 10-15-2012, 11:40 PM

(Thread Starter)
Metal casing.

I don't think the spark plugs are causing the problem.
#5 Old 10-19-2012, 07:08 AM

Make sure you clear the codes and disconect the battery terminas to reset the ecu, I would install nissan sensors, i dont trust anything alse, if its not the sensors it might be stretched timing chain.

2013 Altima 2.5S
36336 miles
Nissan remote start
Nissan fog lights
Altima coupe 18" wheels

2011 Suzuki Hayabusa. Sold

2013 FJR1300
3750 miles

2006 Suzuki Dl650
25340 miles
#6 Old 10-25-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataddrho View Post
I have a 2.5L altima with 82,000 miles. Common problem, 0335 and 0725 codes came on, symptoms are a hard start and quick engine revving on the highway.

I bought two Duralast SU6364 sensors and replaced the original OEM crankshaft and camshaft sensors.

From what I've read it seems that this fixes the problem immediately. In my case it didn't, and the same symptoms still persist.

I also tried removing the air filter, and checking to see if that little hot wire anemometer that senses air flow was dirty. It wasn't. Doesn't seem like an airflow problem causing it.

I don't know what else to check. I also can not get the connector off of the new crankshaft sensor because of the way it is now rotated 180 degrees (thinking maybe it was a bad brand new sensor).

howd u get the first one off???? i used 2003 Nissan Altima S - Camshaft & Crankshaft Position Sensors - YouTube

i can touch it but cant seem to position my hands to get a screw driver in there to snap it off or to take out the bolt and then remove the connector..... pepboys wants 180 to do it... i feel like im so close... i dont wanna pay em!!!

my car is vibrating bad while i drive and worse at idle... motor mounts arent bad. spark plugs were recently changed as were the throttle body assembly, alternator, cam shaft sensor and both o2 sensors. process of elimination got me to the crankshaft sensor.
#7 Old 10-30-2012, 01:30 AM

I think I know what your problem is, it might be your MAF sensor what you need to do is crank your car up and as soon as it starts unplug the sensor, if you notice any acceleration we hit the jackpot if not then keep on trying...

-Just a suggestion, even tho the wire looks clean(MAF) it might be sending the wrong signal to the ecu, give it a try...

Good luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode