Aux Input! How to anybody? '06 Nissan Altima with Bose - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Klorenz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-15-2013, 05:12 PM
'06 Nissan Altima

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Aux Input! How to anybody? '06 Nissan Altima with Bose

I have a 2006 Nissan Altima, stock radio, with Bose. I've been wanting to play my music from an aux cord with an mp3 player, ipad, android phone, etc. because cds are such a hassle but I can't cause I can't find a proper way to do this. I have tried the FM wireless transmitters, not fond of them at all, too much static. & I don't wanna get an aftermarket radio that already has an aux input, my stock radio is in great condition plus I don't wanna lose my steering controls.

I've read other forums from years ago but I haven't found one that is newly updated or is for my car model. I've read and found that the wired FM transmitter (
Amazon.com: iSimple IS31 Universal Auxiliary Audio Input: Car Electronics Amazon.com: iSimple IS31 Universal Auxiliary Audio Input: Car Electronics
) connected through the antenna input is very good, but I'm not too sure on that.. Any other options?

If anyone can please help explain to me what I need to do and attach the exact link of what I need to get that'll be great help. Or if you have any mods please direct me to the link. Thanks!

Last edited by chrissy__; 01-15-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-16-2013, 04:02 AM
BT
Super Modder

Garage
Since you have the Bose, the car should have the SAT button on the radio.

iSimple isni531 Dual Auxiliary Audio Input Interface with

There are other versions of this...and I recall PAC and Peripheral both offfering it, but this should get you started.

Frankensteined 2002/3/4 3.5SL
QR to VQ swap

Other Pics
My NC Garage
My Feedback Thread...
#3 Old 01-20-2013, 01:01 PM

^have that. works great

2012 370z Pearl White Touring 6sp M/T w/ Nav
2005 Altima SE-R Smoke 6sp M/T ~ 270whp/240tq
Cattman Headers ~ JWT C2 Cams/Springs ~ UpRev Osiris ~ 350z Rev-Up Oil pump ~ 350z HR Head bolts ~ ARP Rod Bolts ~ nismo CAI ~ NWP 5pc Spacers ~ SFR IM ~ Red Lion Motor/Trans Mounts ~ EGR/Vias/Stock Oil Cooler Delete ~ Stillen Pulley ~ Axxtion STS ~ Goodridge SS Brake Lines ~ RL Y-Pipe/Front-Rear Endlinks ~ Full Wire Tuck ~ Battery Relocated to Trunk ~ BC Racing Coilovers ~ Red Lion Shifter Bushings ~ Racingline Strut Bar ~ KCMaxx Rear Strut Bar ~ Mishimoto Radiator ~ AAM Fuel Return System ~ CMod Grille ~ Manual Steering Rack
#4 Old 07-13-2014, 04:51 PM
KLo

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy__ View Post
I have a 2006 Nissan Altima, stock radio, with Bose. I've been wanting to play my music from an aux cord with an mp3 player, ipad, android phone, etc. because cds are such a hassle but I can't cause I can't find a proper way to do this. I have tried the FM wireless transmitters, not fond of them at all, too much static. & I don't wanna get an aftermarket radio that already has an aux input, my stock radio is in great condition plus I don't wanna lose my steering controls.

I've read other forums from years ago but I haven't found one that is newly updated or is for my car model. I've read and found that the wired FM transmitter (Amazon.com: iSimple IS31 Universal Auxiliary Audio Input: Car Electronics) connected through the antenna input is very good, but I'm not too sure on that.. Any other options?

If anyone can please help explain to me what I need to do and attach the exact link of what I need to get that'll be great help. Or if you have any mods please direct me to the link. Thanks!
My 06 Altima does Not have Bose. I'd like to connect my android phone to the factory std single CD player that's installed.

Would the iSimple ISNI531 work on my player too? Thanks
#5 Old 07-14-2014, 08:31 PM

#6 Old 07-15-2014, 11:23 PM
KLo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseRyderPhotography View Post
Thanks for the help but the post you reference is for a BOSE unit with a SAT button. I have neither... I don't want to purchase an AUX unit til I know it will work!
#7 Old 07-22-2014, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
#8 Old 07-22-2014, 04:05 PM
KLo

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ugmac1 View Post
Your post is interesting. I went a different direction with the problem. Here’s what I did over the weekend.
I ended up installing a Tranzit Blu for Android. It’s essentially an FM modulator that bypasses the antenna when it’s activated. It uses Bluetooth tech to send audio only through your car speakers. Because it cuts the power to the antenna when it’s on the sound is clear. There’s non of the static that traditional FM modulators are famous for.
It was easy to install the only hang up I had was locating the power wire to the CD/radio unit. I purchased the device from Crutchfields and a phone call to them helped me with the installation.
I am pleased!
#9 Old 07-24-2014, 02:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Klo...this method, I may have to try. I have an 03 with the Bose system. What was the cost to get er all set up?
#10 Old 07-24-2014, 02:31 PM
KLo

Purchased the unit from Crutchfield for $69. I searched online for a lower price and couldn't find anything cheaper with the same level of tech service. Since I'm a 50ish female librarian I'm not a car service expert and felt their service would come in handy.

I needed tech help because the install involved finding the power wire to the audio unit and there were 3 bundles of wire to choose from. Called the service line and the tech told me it was the lavender (looked purpley brown to me!) wire.

There's a great YouTube video on how to pull the audio from the dash. I popped the top panel out of the lower storage compartment in the dash so the unit could dangle inside there without being seen. It could also work fine behind the dash out of sight completely.

There's a switch on the unit that allows the user to change the modulation from App to FM to AM. Wanted to be able to play with that. There's also two red and white audio plugs. (have no idea what those are for yet).

Also the unit comes with a power switch that can be attached to the unit. I did set this up as well. Big nerdy car fun over the weekend!
The Following User Says Thank You to Klorenz For This Useful Post:
#11 Old 08-13-2014, 12:07 AM

Any way you could link the one that you bought, KLo?

STOCK. For now...
#12 Old 08-13-2014, 01:17 AM
KLo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeTheMoose View Post
Any way you could link the one that you bought, KLo?
Sure no problem. Mine is still working well and I am pleased with it.

iSimple TranzItBlu ISFM21 Wired Bluetooth® adapter ? connects an Android? device to your factory radio at Crutchfield.com
AbeTheMoose likes this.
#13 Old 08-13-2014, 03:31 AM

Awesome. I'm hoping to be able to get this in the next few weeks, once I get a little extra cash. Thanks again!

STOCK. For now...
#14 Old 08-22-2014, 05:11 PM

Any one know how to solder the aux onto the board
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode