Power windows not working - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-03-2014, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Power windows not working

My mom's 2005 Altima 2.5S power windows do not work from any of the switches. However they do go down using the key in the door so not the motors. The mirrors and door lock buttons do work. I bought and tried a used master switch but no luck. Mom took it to the Stealer and they replaced the BCM (or so they say) and they still don't work. Charged her over $400 and didn't fix the issue (The term 'Stealer' is well deserved here). She doesn't have the reciept so I don't have any way of knowing what they did other than what she tells me that they told her. They claim its because she has the auto down on both driver's and passenger's side and that BCM must only have driver's auto down but the serial numbers are the same for both BCM's so they don't know which one they are getting. Uhmm........say what?!
She's 75 years old and I think they just took advantage of her.

I can probably buy a BCM from ebay, but doesn't it have to be coded for that particular car or it won't even start or is it plug and play? I hate to spend that much and not know if that is even the issue, especially when the Stealer supposedly put a new one in.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-10-2014, 12:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
that sounds weird for the USA really. can't she go to the stealer and get a copy of what was done? if whatever they did didn't help - they have to return money (might take their crapy BCM back).
Have you ever seen same Altima around? You can just talk to the owner and se if he lets you try his BCM. I doubt those can work with one car only (but don't know for sure)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode