LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-04-2014, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
camshaft position sensor - connector

2002 altima 3.5
I just replaced my rear camshaft position sensor because of a p0340 dtc with an advance auto replacement. However, the wiring harness connector wasn't snapped onto the sensor that was in the car; I was able to just slide it off. The connector won't snap into the new sensor either. I just slid it on as far as I could, but can still just slide it off easily. Makes me wonder if my p0340 was from a loose connector caused by engine vibration. Anything I can do to ensure it won't loosen again? The symptoms that existed prior to the repair seem to have disappeared. I can use the heat without stalling!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-05-2014, 02:02 AM
DIY altima Resto Mod

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Yes u have four options. Buy a connector Male and female that Match. (Aftermarket, should be available random connectors you can make your own) Cut out the old female connector. Lengthen wires a few inches. Feed wires into female connector. Wash rinse and repeat on the male(sensor attached) connector. The tabs on the plastic connectors can wear away. Hence ur problem. That sucks.

Option 2. Take out connectors solder in place w/o connectors.

Option 3. Take ur chances at the junk yard and pull a female connector off a vq35de block.

Option 4. U can plastic solder the connectors together at the seam where they meet. Use a zip tie as your solder.

Cheers gl with repair

Last edited by Bolt Buster; 01-05-2014 at 02:33 AM.
#3 Old 01-09-2014, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just changed crankshart position sensor yesterday and left it as is. it's not too easy to pull and there is no load on the connection, so i think shouldn't come off easily. anyway i'm aware of the issue so if it happens - can easily fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode