The Nissan Club banner

Wheel Bearing/ABS Issue

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  TASCAPARTS 
#1 ·
2005 Altima 2.5 - I changed the real wheel bearing, and now my ABS pulses between 10 and 25 mph. It happens when accelerating, decelerating (braking and not), and doing neither. The ABS seems to work fine when necessary, and does nothing strange when traveling at speeds other than those indicated. I have poked around here for similar issues, but have found nothing. Any ideas?

#3 ·
There are no teeth on the rear hub, it's a smooth magnetic disk on the inside of the hub. Did you get the ABS version of the hub...there is a non-ABS version. Why did you install a new hub (bearing) in the first place? Did you mess with the ABS sensor--I know some install guides say you have to remove it...but that's BS...just be careful when you remove and replace the hub assembly and you'll be fine. Did you use name brand parts like Nissan or Timken...or did you do the $50 ebay cheapies?

#4 ·
True , 2 rear bearings option , make sure that you have the good one & a National one s prefered for better quality .

#5 ·
I did the $50 cheapy because I knew that I would soon be trading the car in and I didn't want to spend a lot of money just before doing that. It was growling like crazy, so I wanted to at least change the bearing, and I didn't really have any problems with the process, so I think that it was done correctly. I don't believe that I broke anything, and I can certainly understand that an aftermarket part might not last as long, but to malfunction right out of the box is something that I was just not expecting.

#6 ·
The Timken rear hub w/ABS worked flawlessly for me. $75 TIMKEN Part # 512201 {#432023Z010}
RockAuto Parts Catalog

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.