The Nissan Club banner

2005-2006 EGR Delete?

17K views 62 replies 11 participants last post by  Penguinchit 
#1 ·
Hey, all!

Curious if there are any of you out there who did an EGR delete for your '05-06 Alti VQ35DE...

What's I'm after is whether you unplugged the EGR solenoid or left it plugged in and where you blocked off the EGR pipe (at intake manifold, at the solenoid, or at the rear exhaust manifold).

Thanks for any help!

BP

#2 ·
I'm leaving my solenoid plugged in. Then I'm trying to change the acceptable range of voltage values of the egr to trick the ecu into thinking its working.
But I also have a few resistors to try and test as well.
I'll post here after I do some testing around early September.
Let's keep this one going, we need a solution for an egr delete!

(I wish our header CEL thread didn't die ;/ )

#4 ·
Solenoid unplugged block off plate in place, egr removed...no codes.... because i used the correct resistor. :)

Reactions: Penguinchit
#13 ·
Same here. It's all gone. No solenoid, EGR tube, bulky crap hanging from the manifold - took it all out. Now it looks like a 2003 VQ except I have a resistor hanging out of a grey connector. And, the best part, not having the extra exhaust flowing through my manifold cooled the intake temps and gave me another 900hp.

Did you just solder the resistor in between the temperature wire and ground?
My resistor is just bridged on the connector.

#6 ·
Nope....

#9 ·
Lol......the resistor you need to use that will prevent any CEL is 10K ohm. :)

Reactions: sprocketser
#15 ·
NWP's plate is funtional, however some have fabricated their own. The NWP just looks sooooo nice compared to a fabricated one...especially the one with the raised lettering. :)

#22 ·
Its M-train.......it never happened. lol

Reactions: Penguinchit
#24 ·
lol , bad boys .

#26 ·
Well , this is something I want to delete also as well as the vias delete also .

#27 ·
I just noticed that I bought 10k ohm resistors already. I've had them for like a year, I don't know why I thought they were 50k.

But I was checking them out the other day, and I noticed on the package they say 1/4 watt.

Seems a little low for an automotive application right?

#28 ·
1/4 of a watt seems to low. I've been reading and brushing up my electrical knowledge.

A higher rated watt resistor can handle more heat, which is what the resistor produces to do its job. It transfers electrical energy into heat. So I'm thinking that an altima engine bay will be too hot. It won't provide enough airflow to cool such a small resistor.

However most of what I'm reading about resistors in an automotive application refers to a LED or car audio application.

:/
I think I'm correct that a 1/4 watt 10k ohms resistor won't be able to do its job reliably in my application.
Anyone care to give their opinion that is knowledgeable with electrical circuits?

#29 ·
Ive had mine in for the better part of 2 years now...no issues with reliability. But who knows.

#37 ·
I "read up" on the resistor mod on some other forums (as if that suffices for practical knowledge :rolleyes:), and it appears the 1/4 watt is adequate and typical for EGR delete on a lot of other cars. There were some GM, Ford, Nissan, and Honda threads on the topic.

#31 ·
Sub d for future refs .

#32 ·
After talking with some of my coworkers we came to the conclusion that voltage by itself from the circuit will not cause a lot of heat. It's amperage that would cause heat to build up in the resistor.

And since there will be very little amperage, I'm going to go ahead with the 1/4 watt resistor.

Any input would still be appreciated to keep the conversation going so that everyone knows exactly what wattage of a 10K ohm resistor to wire into the EGR temperature sensor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.