The Nissan Club banner

2005 altima jerky reverse shift

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  l o q i x 
#1 ·
A week ago my reverse gear started acting weird.

From park to reverse, while brakes are pressed on, would cause a delayed jolt/jerk a second after shifting into reverse, same jerk/jolt from reverse to neutral, as well as reverse to drive (if I shift slowly) wont do it if I shift it fast from reverse to drive but will do it if I shift from reverse to neutral or neutral to reverse "fast"

It's symptom is more pronounced when I'm holding down the brakes throughout the whole shifting process otherwise it's not felt as much.

My transmission fluid is light pink, had it flushed about 40,000 miles ago, costed me 200 due to some special ATF needed.

I've had my torque mount replaced 30,000 miles ago.

Going to get it checked on Tuesday, was wondering if you guys could recommend some things I could have the mechanic check else wise.

Thank you

#2 ·
*update*

I have 3 motor mounts that could use replacing. Cheapest one was the transmission mount, done for $328.

The other two that need replacing are hydraulic mounts which are 500 each, labor included.

The symptoms are still occurring on a smaller scale but I noticed my car does not rattle as much at stop lights now.

#4 ·
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

This same thing happened to me on my 05 SER 5AT about a year or so ago.

Brought it to a Nissan dealer ( someone I know works there who I trust ) and he told me my transmission was on its way out. The person who had my car before beat the hell out of it, stop and go was jerky as well as the park to reverse...

A couple grand later I had a new trans.

I would definitely have it looked at professionally.

#5 ·
I think it could be the mounts. IMO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.