LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old 10-03-2016, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Angry Are we being scammed- Help Please

TLDR

According to Google feedback it looks like others are in the same boat.
I ordered a trunk light and rear sway bar from Racingline a month ago.
I got the light in 3 days but not my sway bar. I sent an email, no response.
I phone, vmail says customer not available.

Can someone please go buy if you are close and see if this shop is open.
Any help would be appreciated. I paid my e-transfer so I hope my funds can be refunded easily.
I have the email of partial shipped order.

Here is their info.

Racing Line Performance  
Address: 20170 Stewart Crescent #430, Maple Ridge, BC V2X 0T4 British Columbia, Canada
Phone: (604) 465-8886
Hours: Open today · 10AM–5PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 10-04-2016, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
IIRC, I heard similar things from others regarding this seller. IIRC, its only one man or maybe very few running this place and they just don't get back to people quickly at all. But other than poor customer service in the shipping/contact area, their products are good.

To check for recalls to your specific vehicle. Just enter your VIN# at http://www.nissanusa.com/recalls-vin#/
post #3 of 43 Old 10-04-2016, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapitoSabe View Post
IIRC, I heard similar things from others regarding this seller. IIRC, its only one man or maybe very few running this place and they just don't get back to people quickly at all. But other than poor customer service in the shipping/contact area, their products are good.
Damn! It takes 5 seconds to email back to say item on the way. Instead they opt to make themselves look shady.
Like I said, it has been 1 month now and no response or product.

Does anyone live close by?
post #4 of 43 Old 10-05-2016, 03:40 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I ordered front end links and a strut bar for my 4th generation alty on 8/18/16. I had placed a previous order for rear end links and a sway bar the week before. I received the front end links with the 1st order but the strut bar didn't come. Emailed racingline on 9/1/16 and was sent an email saying the strut bar would be shipped out on the 2nd. Three weeks went by and no strut bar so on the 20th of September, I start sending messages requesting a tracking number trying to find out what happened to my order. Email after email and phone calls all went unanswered. Phone calls go to voice mail and the mail box is full so you're unable to leave a message. I'm happy with thee racingline items that I did receive and would like to top it off with the addition of the strut bar. I've done a search and it seems like the only companies making a strut bar for the 4th gen Altima are Racingline and Stillen. Stillen's bar is overpriced and I don't like how it looks. I came across Tenabe-USA that has a line of suspension parts and they make strut bars for several model nissans but not the altimas. Tried calling them to see if maybe I could get one made but they wont do one offs and the guy I spoke too said there wasn't much interest for Altima parts. I told him about this site and the enthusiasts here but it didn't get me anywhere. Perhaps if we could get a large group interested in a group buy, maybe we could get them to budge. There strut bar is really sweet looking and yo can adjust the tension on them. http://www.tanabe-usa.com/other/files/226_img2.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	226_img2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	83522  

Last edited by Dexx; 10-05-2016 at 03:42 AM. Reason: wrong word
post #5 of 43 Old 10-05-2016, 10:58 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
You re not being scammed mate , RL s notorious for their long shipping time frame . It s a one man show & service s not his strongest point I must say.

But he wont screw you up , just be patient , I know it s easier to say , but he wont scam you .

05 M/T SER Altima . Nismo CAI/CB , OBX Hdrs.Dynomax resonator .RL FSTB&BTD H&R Springs & Triple C Bolt tbi , RLRShifterBushing tbi , EBC Ft/Rr Pads/Rotors, 06 350Z Rear Brakes , Synto/Wix Filter , RP MaxATF PSF, Motul BF/CF, Pennzoil Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+
post #6 of 43 Old 10-06-2016, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketser View Post
You re not being scammed mate , RL s notorious for their long shipping time frame . It s a one man show & service s not his strongest point I must say.

But he wont screw you up , just be patient , I know it s easier to say , but he wont scam you .
A simple note on the site or at checkout that states items can take up to 1 month to arrive etc...
It's not reasonable to expect something coming from within the same country in 1+ months.
Stuff from China arrives faster.
post #7 of 43 Old 10-06-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.5-SR View Post
A simple note on the site or at checkout that states items can take up to 1 month to arrive etc...
It's not reasonable to expect something coming from within the same country in 1+ months.
Stuff from China arrives faster.
I know mate , also Taz s site should be updated also , been written about in forums . If you order from there , don t be in a hurry . Guess parts isn t in stock & await some orders in order to make some . But RL s not alone like that , it should be marked as Back Order instead of being in stock or such.

Wasn t aware that you where in Canada.

05 M/T SER Altima . Nismo CAI/CB , OBX Hdrs.Dynomax resonator .RL FSTB&BTD H&R Springs & Triple C Bolt tbi , RLRShifterBushing tbi , EBC Ft/Rr Pads/Rotors, 06 350Z Rear Brakes , Synto/Wix Filter , RP MaxATF PSF, Motul BF/CF, Pennzoil Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+
post #8 of 43 Old 10-07-2016, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I know mate , also Taz s site should be updated also , been written about in forums . If you order from there , don t be in a hurry . Guess parts isn t in stock & await some orders in order to make some . But RL s not alone like that , it should be marked as Back Order instead of being in stock or such.

Wasn t aware that you where in Canada.
I wanted to order the midpipe but this isn't helping my confidence in this shop.
I will give it until end of next week before contacting the bank.
post #9 of 43 Old 10-07-2016, 12:28 AM

Just be patient , he wont scam you , it s just that it takes a while .

post #10 of 43 Old 10-07-2016, 03:35 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Taz is probably well intentioned & overwhelmed with orders so its difficult to communicate with customers and in that case, don't charge the customer's credit card until he's ready to ship the item. I can't wait months not even knowing if this guy is alive with this charge on my credit card. I wouldn't have an issue waiting if there was some type of courtesy of letting me know what's going on. I was actually told my strut bar was going to be shipped September 2nd. After a couple weeks, I sent numerous messages trying to get a tracking number & never got a reply. Ultra Racing-USA makes a strut bar for the 2013 Altimas. They're going to check to see if it will fit my 2007. Stillen's fits the 2007 to 2013 so hopefully Ultra racing's will also fit.
post #11 of 43 Old 10-07-2016, 12:06 PM

Yep true, I know he was in the hospital a year or 2 back if not more , hopefully it s not the case this time around.

post #12 of 43 Old 10-13-2016, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Just be patient , he wont scam you , it s just that it takes a while .
How long is a while to you?

Does anyone know him personally that you can contact the guy?
thx
post #13 of 43 Old 10-19-2016, 03:23 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well I guess I am not getting this part.
I hope I can get my money back from the bank.
If not this is a pure scam.
post #14 of 43 Old 10-20-2016, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I tried calling him again today, no answer.
I sent him another email asking about shipment or refund.

Also I see more negative Google feedback.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=racin...D6TejwTXx6DoDg
post #15 of 43 Old 10-25-2016, 03:51 PM

Some poeple had to wait a couple of months but they got their stuff, other got theirs in a few weeks , but he should either answer the phone &/or reply to emails.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode