LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Inland Empire

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
P1273 Code

I'm getting about 3 SES codes total, but the main one i'm worried about is this P1273. I have the 100,000 mile warranty, but as many of you know I have a crap load of mods. And don't want to void the warranty due to some excuse about Intake and what not.

First off all what is this code? I searched and it says something about the A/F too lean or something to this nature. Also I noticed there was a post about a TSB.

Make : NISSAN Model : ALTIMA Year : 2005
Manufacturer : NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC.
Service Bulletin Num : 04090 Date of Bulletin: JUL 30, 2004
NHTSA Item Number: 10009365
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Summary:
MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP ON WITH DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE P0300-P0306, P1273 OR P1283. *TT
Check to Request Research. Submit below

My car is running great so thats why i've delayed going to the dealer.

The other 2 codes i'm getting is a Transmission problem (5th gear stays stuck until a restart). I have to take care of these transmission problems, but don't want or need BS from the dealer saying My intake or Y-Pipe caused a sensor to go bad. So they can void the warranty. Your insight/diagnosis please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-10-2008, 07:33 AM

Hey quick question, when ur tranny gets stuck in 5th, does it shift hard into R and into gear when you put it in drive??? because that shit happens to me also.

2006 Smoked Altima SE-R.
My CarDomain.

Current Mods:
Nismo Cold Air intake
Active Tuning Ground Kit
Nismo Oil Cap
Nismo Radiator Cap
Pioneer Avic-Z2
Mossy Cat-Back
Phenolic Thermal Intake Manifold Spacer Kit
CE Y-Pipe
Apexi SAFC Neo
Nitto Neo Gen 245/40/18.
Dyno Tune Nitrous Kit : 75 shot (wont stay that low long)
N.W.P. Engineering VIAS Block Plate Kit
Eclipse AVN726E
Focal Access all the way around.
Coming Soon:
#3 Old 08-11-2008, 01:51 AM
Inland Empire

(Thread Starter)
^^

To answer your question. YES! My tranny problem started just like your question you asked. And it's only going to get worst. You can expect tranny SES codes soon.

Anyone else?
#4 Old 08-11-2008, 04:35 AM

well its been like that forever, and ****ing nissan did shit about it..... i even told em when my tps went out and they didnt do anything, i need to take it up there again.

2006 Smoked Altima SE-R.
My CarDomain.

Current Mods:
Nismo Cold Air intake
Active Tuning Ground Kit
Nismo Oil Cap
Nismo Radiator Cap
Pioneer Avic-Z2
Mossy Cat-Back
CE Y-Pipe
Apexi SAFC Neo
Nitto Neo Gen 245/40/18.
Eclipse AVN726E
Coming Soon:
#5 Old 08-11-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black SER View Post
First off all what is this code? I searched and it says something about the A/F too lean or something to this nature. Also I noticed there was a post about a TSB.
service manual says you should loosen then re-tighten the A/F sensor 1 (30-44 ft-lb). if problem persists, then try replacing it. It looks like its the one on the front exhaust manifold, so at least its easy access.
Other details:
Check the following.
 Harness connectors E21, F34
 IPDM E/R harness connector E122
 15A fuse
 Harness for open or short between A/F sensor 1 and fuse
>> Repair or replace harness or connectors.

good luck.

'05 Altima SE-R Super Black
Debadged | TEIN H Tech Springs (front)| Racingline Springs (rear) | UR Sc Pulley | Front MMI | AEM CAI | CE Downpipe | Mossy Cat-Back | AT Grounding Kit | AT S5 Grill | Axxtion STS | VIAS Mod | NWP Phenolic IM Spacers | IM P&P | Technosquare Reflash | Racingline FSTB | Racingline Rear Endlinks | Racingline HFPC
#6 Old 08-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Inland Empire

(Thread Starter)
Took the car in and he said something about a CAT/heatshield problem. Seems like they are going to replace it. I'll have more info tomorrow and getting the tranny fixed.

I'll give codes and outcome tomorrow. But looks good. Just glad they didn't sweat me on the mods.
#7 Old 08-13-2008, 05:36 AM
Inland Empire

(Thread Starter)
Here are the codes that I pulled before I took car to dealer.
P0744
P1273
P0797

Heres what they did (typed on work-order)...

"Client states service engine soon light is on check and advise. Verified rear top catalytic converter shield has come off. The spot weld had broke off and has an exhaust leak code P1273. Removed and replaced catalyst and cleared code."

So supposebly there were no more codes and all is clear. When he called me I asked him about the other two codes, but according to him when he cleared the codes they never came back. Now I know i'm having tranny issues so I give him the benefit of the doubt.

I go to pick-up the car. I sign and pay because I got some other services done.

I get on the freeway and I noticed a bad shift. And knew the worst was about to come. Sure enough BAM! trip-tronic stays stuck in 5th and a SES light. I limp back to dealer and he says Let me guess. "The service engine light is back". We walk out I don't turn off the car so I can show him the trip-tronic is stuck in 5th. He's surprised and I get a rental.

I'm not sure if new codes became present when I got the car back from dealer, but
I'll keep you updated. Maybe this will solve alot of tranny questions you may have.

Last edited by Black SER; 08-13-2008 at 05:38 AM.
#8 Old 08-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Inland Empire

(Thread Starter)
All I can say is WOW!

Ok picked up the car yesterday and I got a new transmission. I popped hood open and I love seeing new stickers and a new heatshield. Big thanks to Sammy & Tony @ Corona Nissan. The service was great and had zero problems. I would highly recommend. So if your getting any of these codes. It looks like this may be your problem. Good Luck!
#9 Old 08-18-2008, 08:46 PM

hey, mine is still like that but it has gotten worst, when im getting on it lets say im around 6k it drops down to like 4k then jumps right back up to 6k making my car jump like a bitch, but it has never thrown a ses for the tranny. gunna take it to my tuner shop to see if my neo could be causing the issue if it isnt then im going to nissan.

2006 Smoked Altima SE-R.
My CarDomain.

Current Mods:
Nismo Cold Air intake
Active Tuning Ground Kit
Nismo Oil Cap
Nismo Radiator Cap
Pioneer Avic-Z2
Mossy Cat-Back
CE Y-Pipe
Apexi SAFC Neo
Nitto Neo Gen 245/40/18.
Eclipse AVN726E
Coming Soon:
#10 Old 01-19-2011, 06:18 PM

First real post.... I seem to be having the same problem that you describe with the tranny getting stuck in 5th gear... and then after i cut it off and let it sit for a while then it goes back to normal. The first time this happend was last weds leaving work... and it just happend today again on the way to work... I work at a mazda dealership but my dealer also have a nissan dealership so i will be dropping it off tomorrow... glad i got a warranty and im hoping they do like your dealership did and just put in a new tranny... printing out this thread to show the people. Hopefully it wont be in the shop too long.

the only thing different is that im not getting any code or nor do i have any warning lights on dash? so am i just in the begining stages of this problem?
#11 Old 01-23-2011, 01:10 AM
Inland Empire

(Thread Starter)
Glad I was able to help. Wow the good old days on this tranny stuff. I will be getting a drain/refill soon. It's not a DD, but i haven't had any tranny issues since the replacement. My buddy noticed he's getting tranny problems as i was. He states he doesn't have any codes either.
#12 Old 09-07-2011, 02:52 AM

I have been having this (5th gear getting stuck problem) today. I left work and everything was fine and then the car got stuck in 5th gear. I couldn't downshift so i was driving from a dead stop in 5th gear which was pretty irritating. I parked my car and let it sit there after turning it off. I tried to start it, but it was having a difficult problem starting and it barely started. I attempted to put it into Reverse, and the car jerked kinda hard but not to hard. It did the same thing when I switched it to Drive after. I switched it to TIPTRONIC and it still said 5th gear... So I turned my car off.

I never had this problem before and do not know what it may be. Just like "Bser" said, I'm not getting any lights or codes of any sord, or at least did not get them when i was driving. I got a "Check engine Soon light" when i turned on my car but that's it.

I was going to get it towed to the dealer tomorrow and take it from there. My car reached 100k miles last friday and I have no warranty **** me lol.

Can anyone give suggestion or anything. Thank you
#13 Old 09-09-2011, 01:15 AM
Inland Empire

(Thread Starter)
At first it would kick in....wait let me rephrase.It would slam in 5th gear hard without getting any SES codes. Trust me for all the guys that are getting stuck in 5th. It's a tranny problem that ends up in a tranny replacement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5) > 2005-2006 Nissan Altima SE-R Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode