Dings on my car - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-12-2009, 05:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Dings on my car

I have a few dings on my car, i can barely see them and they are not that bad.. i have like 3 of them.....what would you guys do in this situation, ignore it, or there is some sort of tools i can use to remove them myself.. i know from personal experience, dings can be very expensive to fix... i payed $125 bucks to get 2 out... they were small too..any body has any ideas? please let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-12-2009, 07:24 AM

i have a few too, would love to get them fixed but i know its gunna be more than i want to spend

2005 Altima Se-r(black with black/red interior), 2006 Honda Cbr600rr(orange(flake)with tribal)
#3 Old 09-12-2009, 07:37 AM
slowly losing my sanity..

edit... nm

Last edited by phreekee25; 09-12-2009 at 05:26 PM.
#4 Old 09-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Supra Fan/Altima Driver

If they really bug you, then check some places and get some prices. Then if the cheapest quote you get is worth it, then do it.

I had all my dings fixed about a year or so ago. I had two small ones, one on the driver door and one on the passenger door. I also had one on the rear passenger door on the body line. All cost me $75 to fix. I found it a reasonable price so I got it done.

A year later, I have one tiny ding on my passenger door that can only be seen when the car is spotless and at a specific angle. My car is dirty majority of the time and I don't see it so it doesn't bother me. I'm not going to pay to get it fixed.

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5S Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_archer_69 View Post
I love women that are into cars. Unless they are ugly. Then I don't give a shit.
#5 Old 09-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Inland Empire

I have a few dents myself and i think this was discussed in the auto detail forum. I took a video similier to this that was posted in there. Just as long as the dent isn't creased this should work. I'll post a video soon. Just make sure you turn the can of compressed air upside down when you do this.

#6 Old 09-14-2009, 06:29 AM

wow, I might actually try this some time! That was sikk!

'05 Altima SE-R 6SPD

Repainted SERs*Tein S-Techs*NWP Block Plate*Hood Dampers*RL Strut Bar*RL Y-Pipe*Vertical Grille*White LED Interiors*BT Footwell and Hood light kits*17% Tint*Custom Shift Boot*Fujita CAI
#7 Old 09-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Goose

i gotta try that! awesomeness!

04 Nissan Altima SE
Modifications: eRacings Front Fascia + Sport Accolade Mesh Grille + Fiberglass Eyelids + 18in gunmetal Drag DR-19's on 225/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT's + Paint Matched Window Pillars + M3 Rear Window Spoiler + SER Tails + Debadged Trunk + 20% Tint
Performance: Injen WAI Conversion
ICE: Alpine 9884 H/U with Ipod + 1400w Power Acoustik Amp + 2 12" subs + Cool White LED Full Interior Swap + Cool White Footwell LEDS with Switch + Cool White Plate Bulbs
#8 Old 09-14-2009, 05:14 PM

As far as the DIY approach, I bought my SER knowing it had many small dings/flaws. Being a extremely mechanical I figured I could give the dings a good run for their money. I rented some PDR (paintless dent removal) series videos and got the basics down. I first found out that the right tools, even made cheaply in china, are expensive. Second, even mechanically adept, it takes a lot of practice to get it right. I just about ruined my door the first time I tried it. It's not as easy as it sounds/looks, and respect goes out to the guys who do it for a living. I rarely pay someone to do anything to my car; usually only tires and A/C work. But I'm at the point where I'm willing to pay a skilled guy to remove the dings professionally. And it all depends on how picky you are. A pro will get it out and it will look good from any angle and in any light. The one I removed looks good only in certain light and looking at a certain angle. Catch the wrong angle/light and it looks like dog sh#t. That's the diff. between a Pro and a amateur job.

2005 Altima SER

Modifications:
Racingline Y-Pipe
#9 Old 09-14-2009, 07:15 PM

Paintless dent removal shops are the way to go, ask to look at the work they've done before. I had two pretty nice size dings removed in the crease of the body line on the side for about 80 bucks and you wouldn't even know they had been there. Only took about 20 mins to do. Just my 2 cents.

2002 Altima 2.5SL Traded 8/4/10
2010 Toyota Highlander Traded 3/16/11
2003 4Runner Limited V6
#10 Old 09-14-2009, 09:23 PM

(Thread Starter)
dang that was awesome.... but my dings are so small they can only been seen from certain angles...my car is sheer silver so you could barely tell... so will the hair dryer and cold compressed air work on the little dings? where can buy the compressed air like that?
#11 Old 09-14-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickser4u619 View Post
dang that was awesome.... but my dings are so small they can only been seen from certain angles...my car is sheer silver so you could barely tell... so will the hair dryer and cold compressed air work on the little dings? where can buy the compressed air like that?
Doubt it'll work, however if you want to give a try and give me some feedback so I can try it to you can buy those cans in Best Buy, Office Max, Office Depot, any shop that sells computers and such since their majority of the uses is to get dust out, I've seen some in Advance Auto Parts too.

#12 Old 09-15-2009, 06:15 PM

ugh, dont remind me of the dings on my car. they show up even worse when my car is clean. my paint def needs some tlc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5) > 2005-2006 Nissan Altima SE-R Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode