100 point inspection - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
100 point inspection

I have received a tri-fold coupon for a 100-point-courtesy Check Up at the Nissan Dealership... They should be checking a bunch of shit on the check list provided. Has any of you ever received this type of coupon and if so, do the mechanics do a thorough job in the inspection?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2009, 07:46 PM

it really depends, but usually they will use that to get people to come in so they can sell them services on their car. fluid flushes, oil changes, tranny service etc. i think the dealership is a rip-off and I usually steer clear of those ads. BUT, i did use one of their 15% off coupons to have them do a auto transmissin fluid flush.

let me guess, did you get that coupon from mossy nissan? i think i got the same ad in the mail.

actually, now that i think of it, why not take it in? it is a free inspection they offer in the hopes that they can sell you on a certain service. on the positive side, they will give you information on what needs to be done and you are not obligated to do the service with them. but if you didnt know, its a good way to find out when all your fluids need to be changed out, if your brakes need to be changed soon etc. just be ready for them to tell you that your brake pads need to be changed for a small fee of a $800 LOL.

Last edited by MF DOOM; 09-21-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:25 PM

hit me up on aim - quickser4u

yea i did get it in the mail last week on friday i think.... but yea, im pretty sure that my car is good.... but i'll never know... i set up an appointment for the oct 2 for 7am, at the nissan of el -cajon...alright get at me
Old 09-21-2009, 08:27 PM

hey sorry, can't really get on AIM at work.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:31 PM

ohh no worries... thats just my home s/n, im rarely on it as well... but im going to be heading to work in a couple of hours, my s/n on there is nstlalex858....get at me when you get home or something...
Old 09-22-2009, 04:35 AM
VQ'D Sleeper

I receive those in the mail. They are Nissans attempt to do a lot of nothing to your car while charging you a lot. Inspect the car yourself or use a mechanic friend. Find out when wear parts need inspection or replacement and handle those issues as necessary. Don't give Nissan the opportunity to create a list of things to do on your car that will help pay their bills.

2003 3.5 4AT

Racingline | Nismo | Optima | Weapon-R | Stillen | Raybestos | BT | 4DZC | VLEDS
Old 10-03-2009, 01:21 AM

i went to the Stealership today and left my car for the 100 point check up. Then i found out all the same bullshit that everyone always hears....change this and change that....

1. My Fan belts were cracked ($145)
2. The A/C compressor line or something like that was leaking a little bit. Image shown below. The yellow is the hose it self, and the red is where there a little leakage... Looks like grease spots.. (either he said $276 or $376)

4. That my throttle body needs cleaning ($130)
5. Some other cleaning ($130)

i told them to not fix anything and left....screw that shit. i think the fan belts are worth it, well some what.....

i drove to Calexico this past weekend, and its hot as shit over there and my ac didnt have any problems...

what do you people think about these prices and if its really worth fixing anything..
Old 10-03-2009, 03:40 AM
VQ'D Sleeper

I inspected my belts this summer and replaced the large belt myself because it was very cracked. It was easy. The inside smaller belt wasn't cracked and looked fine for now. Buy the belt and replace it yourself. It took me 10 minutes once I realized how it is done.

2003 3.5 4AT

Racingline | Nismo | Optima | Weapon-R | Stillen | Raybestos | BT | 4DZC | VLEDS
Old 10-03-2009, 03:52 AM

ohh ok, i will check it out..
Old 10-03-2009, 04:00 AM

$145 for belts? Dayum. My main belt (alt, ac, etc) was $20. And yeah, it doesn't take nothing to change out the belts.

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE
- Color: Snowflake
- Battery: Kinetik KHC-1800
- Alternator: DC Power 275amp
- 1/0 AWG power wire
- 1/0 AWG ground wire
- Subwoofer: 2x 12inch MTX Jackhammer JH55's (wired @ 2ohm)
- Amp: 1x MTX Jackhammer JH600

Soon Upgrading to:
- Battery: 2x Kinetik KHC-1800 (to be put in trunk)
- Subwoofer: 2x 18inch Fi BTL
- Amp: 1x Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD, 2x Rockford Fosgate T600-4
Old 10-03-2009, 02:36 PM
I take PayPal donations

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickser4u619 View Post
2. The A/C compressor line or something like that was leaking a little bit. Image shown below. The yellow is the hose it self, and the red is where there a little leakage... Looks like grease spots.. (either he said $276 or $376)
I assume your car is out of warranty?

'05 Altima SE-R
'09 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/RES
Old 10-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Gotta beat the RSX

the 100 point inspection is good. i usually go and have it done. i go to the dealer that always wants to charge u for everything cuz i figure theyre gonna find alot of stuff they think they can make money off me from and then i take the print out and go to my mechanic and get it done for cheap. my last car i took it in and they found i needed to replace all the mounts which i had no idea needed replacing so its good to alteast take ur car in to see what shape its in and theres no obligation to have any work done at that dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUKO316 View Post
this forum needs to make new members watch an instructional video before their first post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_turner_02 View Post
this effing kid has 27 posts, and about a dozen threads started, wtf? YOU ARE NOT THE FIRST PERSON TO OWN AND WANT TO MOD YOUR ALTIMA...SEARCH FOR YOUR ANSWERS YOU LAZY BASTARD
fun times
Old 07-30-2010, 11:06 PM

Has anyone ever fixed or replaced their A/C line that i've mentioned on top. I don't want it to be a big problem later. AC still works fine and does not give me problems. What should I do and how much is the installation on something like that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5) > 2005-2006 Nissan Altima SE-R Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode