LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 07-12-2010, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35dalf View Post
Thanks once again duaner. :-)

That's what I have - 9005 HB, 12 v, 65w.
You're welcome.

Do you have another bulb to try? Chances are the bulb is good but you never know. I hope it isn't the DRL module.

Were you able to check the wiring with a multimeter?

03 Altima 3.5 SE 4AT

Berk V2 w/ Apexi ~ NWP VIAS Plate ~ Racingline FSTB, Grounding Kit, Battery Tie-down, Springs ~ KYB GR2's ~ UR Ultra Sc Pulley ~ BT Under hood and Trunk Lighting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 07-23-2010, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Not sure if this applies only to Canadian drivers but I noticed mine are not working (even though it's 100% a Canadian car and it's the law to have them).

I've done no mods to any electrical or lights so I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I didn't notice if they were working when I bought the car (used) over 2 years ago or if they stopped working somewhere along the way. I would imagine that if it's a blown fuse, more that just my daytime running lights would be affected.

Any ideas?

EDIT: everything (including lights), is working fine and the battery isn't low.
I have the same problem with the DLRs. Did you end up fixing it? What did you do? Thanks
#18 Old 07-23-2010, 02:41 AM

(Thread Starter)
Haven't had a chance to look at it (with my meter). My wife's power window regulator died and I'm having a bitch of a time with it. F'ing Honda (CRV) make things so complicated.

I'll post back when I have a chance.

2007 Audi RS4 | 6 Speed | Premium Package | Sprint Blue | Nappa Silver Leather with Brushed Aluminum trim | 1,000W Pioneer sub & Kenwood amp | 255/30 R19 | 10mm wheel spacers | Post facelift Flat Bottom Steering Wheel |

Audi RS4, 420 HP - 0 to 60 in 4.5s
8 piston brakes from Lambo Galardo
Top Gear track: 1:25.7
Nürburgring: 7:58.0

Sold in 2012 but not forgotten: 2005 6sp SE R, Black on black with red inserts. RacingLine FTSB, 245/40 R18 tires
#19 Old 07-23-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlifeguard View Post
I have the same problem with the DLRs. Did you end up fixing it? What did you do? Thanks
Have you tried turning your high-beams on and seeing if one of them is out?

03 Altima 3.5 SE 4AT

Berk V2 w/ Apexi ~ NWP VIAS Plate ~ Racingline FSTB, Grounding Kit, Battery Tie-down, Springs ~ KYB GR2's ~ UR Ultra Sc Pulley ~ BT Under hood and Trunk Lighting
#20 Old 07-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Altimer

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaner View Post
Have you tried turning your high-beams on and seeing if one of them is out?
+1, your DRL's are just your high beams but at a lower output through the DRL module.

Altima traded for Odyssey
Current - 01 HIGHLANDER
#21 Old 07-24-2010, 05:07 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Haven't had a chance to look at it (with my meter). My wife's power window regulator died and I'm having a bitch of a time with it. F'ing Honda (CRV) make things so complicated. .
I'm hijacking my own thread here.... took the CRV door apart and the cable on the regulator had broke... this is a 2005 and I've never had as many problems with a Honda as I have this one. Anyway, dealer quotes me $540 for a new one... Imagine if they did the labour too? Over $750 easy. B@st@rds.
I found another at a scrap yard for $180, just waiting for them to call me when they have it... saved myself $500+...

Then I'll look at my DRL's on the SE R.

2007 Audi RS4 | 6 Speed | Premium Package | Sprint Blue | Nappa Silver Leather with Brushed Aluminum trim | 1,000W Pioneer sub & Kenwood amp | 255/30 R19 | 10mm wheel spacers | Post facelift Flat Bottom Steering Wheel |

Audi RS4, 420 HP - 0 to 60 in 4.5s
8 piston brakes from Lambo Galardo
Top Gear track: 1:25.7
Nürburgring: 7:58.0

Sold in 2012 but not forgotten: 2005 6sp SE R, Black on black with red inserts. RacingLine FTSB, 245/40 R18 tires

Last edited by G35dalf; 07-25-2010 at 01:44 AM.
#22 Old 09-19-2011, 12:01 AM

Anyone figure this DRL issue out yet? I have the exact same problem.

© Smoke 2005 Altima 3.5 SE (5AT)
Σ NISMO Mufflers | Cattman Y-Pipe w/ HFC | RacingLine Performance HFPC, FSTB, Battery Tie Bar & Grounding Kit | NWP BBTB | NWP 3pc Spacers | VMS Racing Oil Catch-Can | Custom Injen AirBox | VIAS P&P | Enkei Raijin | SE-R Front facelift | MTEC HID 6000K | RedlineTuning Hood Lifts | R1 Concepts Slotted Rotors | Posi-Quiet Ceramic Pads | Goodridge SS Brake lines | Tint | Altima SS Step Plates | C-Mod Grille | Custom CF License Frame | OLD: 14.96 @ 93.45 MPH (Cat-back only)
Δ Future Mods: Ralco Crank Pulley
#23 Old 09-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Altima veteran

Since there was no answer to this, I though I chip in.

I just looked at wiring diagram for 2005/2006. The DRL unit located by steering shaft under the dash. There is two outputs on DRL unit, one for each high beam bulb.

Note that DRL unit has inputs making sure these situations are true BEFORE its active:

- Handbrake switch must be off
- Gear selector switch not in park (if automatic)
- High beams off
- Low beams off

DRL units are basically a PWM, which is used in many other applications (like electric motor speed control, electic heat control, Remote controlled vehicles, planes and boats and can be bought for under $10, so don't go out your way for a new module:

pwm | eBay

Cattman headers. JWT flywheel. Koni front strut inserts/SE-R springs. SE-R rear springs w/AGX. '04 Maxima brakes. Forged 17x8" BBS rims. Stillen RSB. Bosch HID projectors in headlights. AUX input wired for Flacplayer. AEM intake. Borla SS exhaust. .
For sale:
Forged RO_JA 7x17 rims, OEM Charcoal Seats, OEM front brake calipers, SER rear shocks.

2002 Altima 3.5SE Silver 5 speed
135000km
#24 Old 10-02-2011, 11:01 PM

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I don't know how else to check. Both High beam bulbs are good, only the Passenger side high beam is turning on and now I just realized both my fogs are not working?

Anyone with anymore input on this? Help :S

Σ NISMO Mufflers | Cattman Y-Pipe w/ HFC | RacingLine Performance HFPC, FSTB, Battery Tie Bar & Grounding Kit | NWP BBTB | NWP 3pc Spacers | VMS Racing Oil Catch-Can | Custom Injen AirBox | VIAS P&P | Enkei Raijin | SE-R Front facelift | MTEC HID 6000K | RedlineTuning Hood Lifts | R1 Concepts Slotted Rotors | Posi-Quiet Ceramic Pads | Goodridge SS Brake lines | Tint | Altima SS Step Plates | C-Mod Grille | Custom CF License Frame | OLD: 14.96 @ 93.45 MPH (Cat-back only)
#25 Old 10-03-2011, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoAltimaGuy View Post
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I don't know how else to check. Both High beam bulbs are good, only the Passenger side high beam is turning on and now I just realized both my fogs are not working?

Anyone with anymore input on this? Help :S
You're sure both bulbs are good? As per my post #2, I had only one high beam bulb working which was causing the DRLs to not work. I replaced the non-working bulb and the DRLs came back on.

Unfortunately, other than fuses, I do not know what else you can check.

03 Altima 3.5 SE 4AT

#26 Old 10-03-2011, 02:29 AM

I was checking the fogs and heard the relays clicking so I thought to check the connections to the fogs and sure enough I left the bulbs unplugged earlier this year when I had the bumper cover off...

But after fixing the fogs, the DRL still don't work... both high beam bulbs are good and I hear a relay click when I try the high beams.

#27 Old 10-03-2011, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoAltimaGuy View Post
I was checking the fogs and heard the relays clicking so I thought to check the connections to the fogs and sure enough I left the bulbs unplugged earlier this year when I had the bumper cover off...
lol At least you got them going again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoAltimaGuy
But after fixing the fogs, the DRL still don't work... both high beam bulbs are good and I hear a relay click when I try the high beams.
Have you tried the working bulb in the non-working side and vice versa? Other than that you need to check the handbrake switch to make sure it's functioning and the wiring isn't open anywhere, and check the DRL module to see if you're getting the correct signals. And check fuses.

03 Altima 3.5 SE 4AT

#28 Old 10-06-2011, 01:49 AM

Yeah, I tried a new bulb and it still did not work. Only passenger side lights up.

I went to check the voltage and it is only putting out about 4 V when the high beam is turned on at the stalk. It may be the DRL module, but how the heck to you check that?

Last edited by NismoAltimaGuy; 10-06-2011 at 01:51 AM.
#29 Old 10-06-2011, 02:36 PM

Drl

Hi All,

I joined this form because I have the exact same issues with my DRL. My drivers side high beam is out (changed last night with a new one and still out) and my DRL are still not on. Could this be an issue that Nissan knows about? Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Paul

Last edited by P-Tang Altima; 10-06-2011 at 02:38 PM.
#30 Old 10-12-2011, 02:32 AM

Ok guys... Issue RESOLVED!!!

I did a search and found out that the guys on Maxima forum have had the exact same issue and have a solution.

The issue is a few bad solder connections in the DRL module. If you've gone through and made sure the issue isn't the bulb, fuses or handbrake switch, etc... then try this.

Remove the lower plastic cover from the steering wheel column. (Watch the wiring and tubing connected to it. Don't damage them) To remove there are two screws on the bottom right and inside the fuse box. Remove those and carefully pop off the cover which is held in place by several clips.

The DRL module is above the gas pedal. It is clipped into a metal bracket. To remove just undo the bolt holding the metal clip to the metal frame of the firewall. Then using screwdriver, push in the clip holding each of the 3 cable connectors and disconnect individually

The DRL module is inside the plastic box that is clipped into place by 4 tabs in the inside. You could carefully wedge some small screwdriver bits into the container next to the 4 tabs. (2 screwdriver bits shown below)

The DRL module removed. To think the dealership/Nissan charges a few hundred dollars for some relays, capacitors, diodes and transistors is sickening!!!

There are 3 solder connections I touched up. But I think the lower left (1st one) is the culprit for me. In any case check to see if all solder connections are good. It's not very obvious but mine looked like there was a small crack separating the pin from the board (hardly noticeable).

After soldering, go and test the module before reassembling everything.

Once it is working, reassemble everything. I broke the plastic clip that holds the metal bracket to the DRL module so I had to improvise and use a ring clamp to reassemble the DRL module so that it can be reattached.

Reattach and enjoy a functioning DRL and highbeams.

Last edited by NismoAltimaGuy; 10-12-2011 at 05:12 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NismoAltimaGuy For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5) > 2005-2006 Nissan Altima SE-R Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode