Valve Lash adjustment? - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-06-2011, 01:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Valve Lash adjustment?

Wats up fellow Se-R drivers. My 05 altima Se-R vq35de obviously, is becoming more and more noisy Im hearing my valves alot more. I heard you cant do a valve lash adjustment is this true or not? I dont see how it isnt possible. I put lucas and fresh mobil 5000 oil every 3k on a dime just about... any suggestions? looking forward to hear some feedback. I want to solve this cuz im tired of hearing this tap it bothers me lol...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Majestic '06 3.5SE, 5 spd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You can make adjustments, if you can really call it that. There are no adj. screws, but the cam followers can be changed out for new ones thicker to take up the slack. Nissan has them of varying tolerences for this. Problem is the cams have to come out to do it, and that's a major pita. They all make a tad bit of noise after some years. Best leave them alone unless you are losing performance. Pricey repair!

Traded 10/10/11 for a 2012 Hyundai Genesis Track Coupe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5) > 2005-2006 Nissan Altima SE-R Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode