The Nissan Club banner

Missing plastic clips on drip moulding... ?

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  TASCAPARTS 
#1 ·
So I was in Houston last weekend and some scummmmmm of the earth tried to break into my SE-R. My drip moulding (76816-ZB700) was hanging off by the little piece of tape. There's no way I drove 200 miles with that thing flapping so I know someone tried to pry it off to go after my stereo. No paint damage.

Anyway, there are 2 snap-in clips that attach to the back of it and it pops on to the car. Both the male ends of those clips are broken. Nissan tells me I have to buy an ENTIRE drip moulding (to the tune of $34) just to get those 2 tiny little pieces of plastic. "They don't come separately."

What really should I do? Try the junkyard? Borrow 1 clip from the other side and then just secure both sides down with mounting tape (would rather not)? I don't know... but definitely don't want to shell out $34 to fix this, but my car looks funny without the moulding.

#7 ·
Thanks for the reply. I ended up going to the local Pick-and-Pull yard and ripped a few off a couple Altimas within the year range. 1 perfect clip and the other is in 'ok' shape. Holding just fine.

The part # I referenced was the correct one. 76816-ZB700 ... not the $161 strip that runs across the car. It's the little semi-triangular rubber panel that sits behind the rear windows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.