LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 615 Old 12-17-2014, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow_4_u View Post
my girl doesn't give me any attitude about working on cars. Because sometimes she benefits from it too.
Back when my wife, and I were first married she would help me with car work for about the first ten years, but now after 25 years, I guess she just don't have the patience.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 615 Old 12-17-2014, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-train View Post
Thanks. I need to show your quote to my wife. All she can say is "every car we buy you have to modify", "money, money, money".

Any of you single guys reading this need to pay attention to what I just wrote above.
Wow , I hope it wont start a fight in there ! lol

It s why I m single . can always do what I want with the resources that I have . lol

05 M/T SER Altima . Nismo CAI/CB , OBX Hdrs.Dynomax resonator .RL FSTB&BTD H&R Springs & Triple C Bolt tbi , RLRShifterBushing tbi , EBC Ft/Rr Pads/Rotors, 06 350Z Rear Brakes , Synto/Wix Filter , RP MaxATF PSF, Motul BF/CF, Pennzoil Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+
post #153 of 615 Old 12-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Start The Show - Jet

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Because sometimes she benefits from it too.
... There's got to be more to that story, Bro...

My wife gets it, but doesn't get it. What I mean is that she understands that it's a hobby and interest of mine, but she just doesn't understand why. Fortunately, her brother (my bro-in-law) is equally as into this stuff (MazdaSpeed3), as is her dad (classics), so I have some backup when the topic comes up. I try to spend as deliberately and purposefully as possible and only when the regular maintenance parts cost nearly as much as the upgrades.

She won't let me touch her car though, other than regular maintenance stuff.

post #154 of 615 Old 12-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Garage
No, there is nothing more to the story. she gets her car modded and a little more personalized. We've been together over 10 yrs now, those "benefits" may as well not even exist anymore.

PM me for Overlay or Projector Retrofits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
People who defend CVT are like people with ugly kids - they have no choice but to love them.
post #155 of 615 Old 12-18-2014, 03:20 PM
Start The Show - Jet

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
No, there is nothing more to the story. she gets her car modded and a little more personalized. We've been together over 10 yrs now, those "benefits" may as well not even exist anymore.
LOL - she get your hand-me-downs or she does her own thing and you provide the assist? No innuendo intended... serious question.

10 years! Nice!
post #156 of 615 Old 12-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Usually she tells me what she likes. she is better than most of the idiots you see commenting on facebook and the forums. She will actually research the shit herself first, before even asking me. Once she finds what she's looking for, she has me try to find it for a good price. Once we get it, if it's something she can install, she'll just do it. If its something I need to do, she'll help with it. She's helped (I mean true help like wrenching, getting under the car, removing parts, etc...) with lowering the car, doing full maintenance system flushes, camber arms, and some other things over the years.

Quote:
People who defend CVT are like people with ugly kids - they have no choice but to love them.
post #157 of 615 Old 12-18-2014, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Here is my wifes car that I built for her, .......................................and still she bitches.

Supercharged 347 Mex block putting out over 600hp to a built C4 trans, with full Currie 9" rear [trutrac differential] Baer 13" brakes, AC, PS, rack pinion steering, leather seats custom made, CD player, Total Control coilovers. Only thing it needs it new paint.

She bitches about the exhaust fumes for which I have some tailpipes waiting for me to put on after I get the SE-R out of the way[Oh, and SHE will be the one driving the SE-R most of the time].

Sometimes I think the older a woman gets the more she takes things for granted.
post #158 of 615 Old 12-18-2014, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Women complain all the time. It's just who they are. They are never truly happy or content.

Quote:
post #159 of 615 Old 12-18-2014, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
A little excitement today.

I jacked up the car so I could try to find out why the starter isn't cranking the engine.

Here is the full story.
http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/200...ml#post5167385

So I crawl under, and antifreeze starts dripping on my head. This isn't unusual with a new engine as there is generally always some type of leak to be fixed.

Of course I didn't expect to see this!!!!!!!!

Well crap. I can't find my usb cable for my camera. Anyway, it was a lake of antifreeze under the lower intake manifold!!!

After pulling the whole intake I soaked up the mess. Then I found the leak.

It was a tiny drip coming from the head gasket in just one spot. Just a tiny drip. Now when I had the engine at the machine shop I had the heads checked as well as the block for being warped, but everything checked out fine. No cracks, etc.

Now I have the expensive ARP studs, L14's, holding these heads down with Nissan head gaskets that I sprayed with Permatex spray on Copper [ I do this will all steel or copper head gaskets, and its always worked].

You, and I both know how much fun it would have been to pull the head as the whole $%$#@%@ danmed front cover would have had to come off, not to mention having to reset the cam timing.

I ended up "peening" the leak shut with a hammer, and a small socket extension. I also had some AB Edelbrock epoxy left over from my intake build so I mixed a bit of that, and after roughing up the leak area I pushed the epoxy around the problem area.

Now remember this car DIDN'T overheat before I built it [another reason to buy a running engine when you want to do a rebuild]

So I will be running some type of sealant in my radiator mixed with the coolent just for piece of mind. Sometimes, even doing things the right way is no guarantee that it will work.
post #160 of 615 Old 12-18-2014, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Women complain all the time. It's just who they are. They are never truly happy or content.
I truly believe this.
post #161 of 615 Old 12-19-2014, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Uhm, ok, uhm I have a spare intake manifold that I am sending you! lol That turned out awesome! The red color under the hood is a bit much for me especially with a red car, but bro your execution thus far is spot on! I love seeing ingenuity at work...especially of this magnitude!
Quote:
Why yes, there are new updates. Oh, and my username was given to be waaaay back in the 80's when I was working out in a gym. A guy we worked out with kinda had a knack for giving out names. He always called me "M-train", and it stuck.

Anyway, the intake is finished. I tried to improve some of the dead air areas, and improve the flow by transitioning some of the turns into the ports into a better radius.

Here are the pics. Look how tiny the stock tb is next to the 90mm opening on the new setup.

Wheels/Suspension: 5Zigen 19x8 Pro Racers-Falken F452 245/35/19 Tires-Eibach Sportline Springs
Visual: S5 Grille-20% Tint-M3 Window lip Spoiler-LED Cluster/Switches-TWM Weighted Shift Knob
Performance: C-man Headers-C-man 3" Y-Pipe-Magnaflow Exhaust-PNP'd Heads w/Ferra Valves-RevUp Oil Pump-Pulley-JWT C9 Cams-Haltech Platinum ECU-Fujita5 CAI-Weisco Pistons-ARP Head Studs
Audio: Kenwood DNX-9140-ZED Leviathan-Focal Speakers-Sound Deadened-XBox-270Amp Alt
post #162 of 615 Old 12-19-2014, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks 4D. I was going to paint it black, but I didn't have anything in black, but spray bomb, and we all know how long that kind of paint will last.
post #163 of 615 Old 12-19-2014, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
WTH!? Bro get your ass back over to your other thread, and report back on WHY our engine is not starting.........
Quote:
Thanks 4D. I was going to paint it black, but I didn't have anything in black, but spray bomb, and we all know how long that kind of paint will last.
zerolimit4life likes this.

Wheels/Suspension: 5Zigen 19x8 Pro Racers-Falken F452 245/35/19 Tires-Eibach Sportline Springs
Visual: S5 Grille-20% Tint-M3 Window lip Spoiler-LED Cluster/Switches-TWM Weighted Shift Knob
Performance: C-man Headers-C-man 3" Y-Pipe-Magnaflow Exhaust-PNP'd Heads w/Ferra Valves-RevUp Oil Pump-Pulley-JWT C9 Cams-Haltech Platinum ECU-Fujita5 CAI-Weisco Pistons-ARP Head Studs
Audio: Kenwood DNX-9140-ZED Leviathan-Focal Speakers-Sound Deadened-XBox-270Amp Alt
post #164 of 615 Old 12-29-2014, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
With the intake on.......
post #165 of 615 Old 12-30-2014, 05:20 AM
zerolimit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
With the intake on.......
did u get the car running now ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5) > 2005-2006 Nissan Altima SE-R Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode