Anyone have a 300hp NA build? - Page 3 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum
 156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 565 Old 09-05-2014, 03:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
im an old hot rodder also. i got a 2012 silverado dod/vvt cam only full bolt ons with some cahonies. just got a 2011 sentra spec v. somebody makes camshafts for this engine with full bolt ons capable of 230 to the wheels stock block and head. close to 300 at the crank. ill have about 205 at the wheels with a few bolt ons and uprev tuning. that wont keep me happy for long.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 565 Old 09-05-2014, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Yep, its a slippery slope for sure. One thing always leads to another.

I've got my order up for Z1 Motorsports, it includes some 11:1cr Weisco pistons/rings, and an OEM Nissan rev up oil pump.

I was going to buy some ARP rod bolts from them, but they didn't stock them. I got an OEM waterpump comming in from a member on another forum, and a set of cams from the same forum.

Now I have to figure out what I want to do on the timing set, bearings, and gasket set, plus the boring of the cyl, and polishing the crank.

Question, what size is the throttle body for the SE-R's? I measured mine today, and it was around 2.75" which converte measured to be around 70mm. Is that right? Sounds a little large from what I can find.

Last edited by M-train; 09-05-2014 at 09:59 PM.
post #33 of 565 Old 09-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Dragon Slayer

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Yes its 70mm just like the rest of the Altimas and Maximas of the day. I haven't been keeping up with how people have been doing with cracking the code to run LS throttle bodies (again) but the now common swap is from the A35 Maxima and is 75mm.

2006 Black SER 6MT..

2012 Slate G37X 7AT..
post #34 of 565 Old 09-07-2014, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Can you give me a link on the ls, tb swap. I looked everywhere, but everything I getting is about swapping the whole fooking engine.

For the record, IF I have the time, I think I'm going to just make my own intake manifold.

Its just too easy not to try.
post #35 of 565 Old 09-07-2014, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
You can buy a 75mm TB kit from NWP Engineering as well. I have bought products from them before and the quality is very good.

NWP Engineering, Inc - Big Bore Throttle Body - Phenolic Thermal Intake Manifold Spacers - Eliminate Heat Soak in your Nissan!
post #36 of 565 Old 09-08-2014, 12:03 AM
Dragon Slayer

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I don't keep up on everything like I used to but you'll find the old LS throttle body talk on the .org and I've only heard talk about people trying to make it work again. Long story short a small group of people some time ago figured it out and when they stopped making the small "module" they kept the secret to themselves.

2006 Black SER 6MT..

2012 Slate G37X 7AT..
post #37 of 565 Old 09-08-2014, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigs86 View Post
You can buy a 75mm TB kit from NWP Engineering as well. I have bought products from them before and the quality is very good.

NWP Engineering, Inc - Big Bore Throttle Body - Phenolic Thermal Intake Manifold Spacers - Eliminate Heat Soak in your Nissan!
I took a look at them, and with only 5mm difference I would seem to be the gains wouldn't justify the money spent [IMO].

I was thinking about something in the 80mm range. I remember seeing a thread on the Maxima forums, but I can't seem to find it again.

Were I to go with the 75mm setup I would do as SERendipitous suggest in using the later model Maximua TB.

Last edited by M-train; 09-10-2014 at 12:09 AM.
post #38 of 565 Old 09-13-2014, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Got my cams in last week, but didn't have time to post.

They are JWT, S1 cam.

260 DEG DUR. / .428"(10.9MM) LIFT

post #39 of 565 Old 09-14-2014, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-train View Post
I took a look at them, and with only 5mm difference I would seem to be the gains wouldn't justify the money spent [IMO].

I was thinking about something in the 80mm range. I remember seeing a thread on the Maxima forums, but I can't seem to find it again.

Were I to go with the 75mm setup I would do as SERendipitous suggest in using the later model Maximua TB.
Yeah NWP is a bit pricey, but I figured I would let you know about them in case your other options don't pan out.

Either way, good luck with your build man. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Last edited by mvigs86; 09-14-2014 at 08:44 PM.
post #40 of 565 Old 09-14-2014, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigs86 View Post
Yeah NWP is a bit pricey, but I figured I would let you know about them in case your other options don't pan out.

Either way, good luck with your build man. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Hey, no problem. Even if its something I have already checked out there is no harm in posting any suggestion as I very well might not have heard about something.

Looks like there would be a way to gut the Nissan throttle body, and attach the electrical parts/gears to another, bigger tb.
post #41 of 565 Old 09-15-2014, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I like to do as much of my own work as I can, but sometimes the cost of automotive machines are just too expensive to justify buying.

So since my father has a valve machine [I sold mine......lol/sob] I bought a new grinding stone since the stone in his machine was worn down.

So then I find the #$%#$^!!^ valves are too small to chuck up in the machine.

I made this today.

A drill chuck from Lowe's, a fine thread 3/8 bolt.

Drilled the bolt that was threaded into the chuck so that the valve+chuck wouldn't be too long in the valve machine.

I drive to the shop, and rig everything up. Chuck up the first valve, and voila IT WORKS!!!!!

I get one valve done, and the damned valve machine belt breaks #$%#$^@#$%$%&&*(!!!!
post #42 of 565 Old 09-16-2014, 07:42 AM
DIY altima Resto Mod

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
anyone have a 300whp n/a build?

yes - http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/eng...-pictures.html

its not dyno tuned or completed however i think 300whp will be a walk in the park. good luck i look forward to comparing results and dyno graphs in the future. we have chosen very different camshafts i am interested to see if there is a significant change in the power band and hp curve.
post #43 of 565 Old 09-16-2014, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt Buster View Post
anyone have a 300whp n/a build?

yes - http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/eng...-pictures.html

its not dyno tuned or completed however i think 300whp will be a walk in the park. good luck i look forward to comparing results and dyno graphs in the future. we have chosen very different camshafts i am interested to see if there is a significant change in the power band and hp curve.
Thanks for the link.

Using the main cap studs did you have to hone/bore the caps? I plan to tighten everything down on mine, and spin the crank by hand. If the crank turns free then I will check clearances with plastigauge.

If the crank don't spin free by hand [been doing this for over 30 years so I now have a pretty good feel if its right, or wrong] then I will try to find someone here local to line bore it.

That, is the biggest problem, finding someone here within 50 miles to do this as most of the auto machine shops have closed.
post #44 of 565 Old 09-17-2014, 07:27 AM
DIY altima Resto Mod

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
the caps were just lightly polished no material removed. the bearings did their job and the main caps were fine. on the crank however i needed a micropolish on the bearing mating surfaces. standard machine shop work i believe.

the block spins freely by hand with little to no resistance.

but i did have a large gash in cylinder 3 and i had to have it resleeved even a .040 bore did not remove it.
post #45 of 565 Old 09-17-2014, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt Buster View Post
the caps were just lightly polished no material removed. the bearings did their job and the main caps were fine. on the crank however i needed a micropolish on the bearing mating surfaces. standard machine shop work i believe.

the block spins freely by hand with little to no resistance.

but i did have a large gash in cylinder 3 and i had to have it resleeved even a .040 bore did not remove it.
Thanks. I wonder what caused the gash in number 3? Bad gas/detonation?

I got lucky in the machine work as all of the cylinders were fine, and the crank should polish out just fine as there were no scratches deep enough that caught my finger nail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5) > 2005-2006 Nissan Altima SE-R Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode