Anyone have a 300hp NA build? - Page 37 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum
 170Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #541 of 618 Old 01-09-2017, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I've got an Aeromotive Stealth fuel pump I bought about a year ago.

I'll most likely pull the in tank regulator as I really never liked its design anyway [being in the gas tank].

I will be using a dead head fuel regulator, and also an inline fuel filter as I also don't like having the sock type filter in the tank.[the sock filter will stay on the new fuel pump as its about the only alternative to keeping crap out of the fuel pump].

I just need to sell a few more car parts to have the extra money to buy all of the stuff I need.

I promise to post pictures.

Also, your right this car has taken the prize as the most difficult project to date.

I thought customizing my fathers old 1990 Mazda pickup truck was a pain as I had to make a lot of the parts [ie 14" front brakes, rear twin turbo setup, front/rear suspension, front body from a Ford Ranger].

However, my late fathers old Mazda is a breeze to work on/repair compared to the Nissan.

sprocketser likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 618 Old 01-09-2017, 03:07 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The things I do like about the SER is that its sporty looking for what it is, a 4 door family car.

With the mods I've done hopefully it will run with more expensive cars on the road today in its class.

The car is relatively light compared to even most sports cars today. I'm a Ford fan, and love the new Mustangs, but they are a bit on the heavy side, at around 3700lbs. Light weight is a good thing.

I also like the car better with all of the problematic factory stuff deleted, ie pre cats, electric motor mounts, etc.

And, hopefully with some of the mods I've done the car should be more reliable, ie forged pistons/rods, balanced rotating assembly, trans cooler, and filter, water injection.
post #543 of 618 Old 01-09-2017, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-train View Post
I've got an Aeromotive Stealth fuel pump I bought about a year ago.

I'll most likely pull the in tank regulator as I really never liked its design anyway [being in the gas tank].

I will be using a dead head fuel regulator, and also an inline fuel filter as I also don't like having the sock type filter in the tank.[the sock filter will stay on the new fuel pump as its about the only alternative to keeping crap out of the fuel pump].

I just need to sell a few more car parts to have the extra money to buy all of the stuff I need.

I promise to post pictures.

Also, your right this car has taken the prize as the most difficult project to date.

I thought customizing my fathers old 1990 Mazda pickup truck was a pain as I had to make a lot of the parts [ie 14" front brakes, rear twin turbo setup, front/rear suspension, front body from a Ford Ranger].

However, my late fathers old Mazda is a breeze to work on/repair compared to the Nissan.

Did you get the fuel pump from Summit ! Will it be a washable external inline filter or a normal fuel filter & pressure regulator(from Summit also !) . Funny I was thinking about these a little while back.

I like the idea of removing stuff from the fuel tank , much easier afterward for either maintenance or repairs. Aeromotive are top products , might gaven me some bad ideas here ! lol

Gee that pickup has lots of mods to it ! 14 inch rotors ! lol My old Camaro had 14 inch rally wheels ! Funny as stuff change as times go by , for either the best or the worst. Yep , same thing here , money s backing me down as I still can t work because of shoulders & lower back , but getting better real to slow to my taste.

Don t know why cars get so much difficult to work on now. Only to change the spark plugs , you need to remove the upper manifold , a big no no for me , remind us that it s not the only one on the market like that.

As you stated above , a trans cooler s on my list also. as well as an external oil filter .

You re an inspiration here as well as some other mambers in the Forum.

05 M/T SER Altima . Nismo CAI/CB , OBX Hdrs.Dynomax resonator .RL FSTB&BTD H&R Springs & Triple C Bolt tbi , RLRShifterBushing tbi , EBC Ft/Rr Pads/Rotors, 06 350Z Rear Brakes , Synto/Wix Filter , RP MaxATF PSF, Motul BF/CF, Pennzoil Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+

Last edited by sprocketser; 01-09-2017 at 10:52 AM.

post #544 of 618 Old 01-09-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
The things I do like about the SER is that its sporty looking for what it is, a 4 door family car.

With the mods I've done hopefully it will run with more expensive cars on the road today in its class.

The car is relatively light compared to even most sports cars today. I'm a Ford fan, and love the new Mustangs, but they are a bit on the heavy side, at around 3700lbs. Light weight is a good thing.

I also like the car better with all of the problematic factory stuff deleted, ie pre cats, electric motor mounts, etc.

And, hopefully with some of the mods I've done the car should be more reliable, ie forged pistons/rods, balanced rotating assembly, trans cooler, and filter, water injection.
I also like this car , put too much money in it , so I guess I m kind of stuck with it , still have money to put on bodywork , need the front end to be painted basically , & the pass side rear fender to be fixed also.

I also want to install a bbk but when it will be done I guess it will be my Summer ride as I plan to have a minivan in order to carry stuff around , as I play the electric bass , 18 inch cabs are taking lots of space ! lol
Sideways the Seven likes this.

05 M/T SER Altima . Nismo CAI/CB , OBX Hdrs.Dynomax resonator .RL FSTB&BTD H&R Springs & Triple C Bolt tbi , RLRShifterBushing tbi , EBC Ft/Rr Pads/Rotors, 06 350Z Rear Brakes , Synto/Wix Filter , RP MaxATF PSF, Motul BF/CF, Pennzoil Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+
post #545 of 618 Old 01-09-2017, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketser View Post
I also like this car , put too much money in it , so I guess I m kind of stuck with it , still have money to put on bodywork , need the front end to be painted basically , & the pass side rear fender to be fixed also.

I also want to install a bbk but when it will be done I guess it will be my Summer ride as I plan to have a minivan in order to carry stuff around , as I play the electric bass , 18 inch cabs are taking lots of space ! lol
Too bad you don't live near my brother he is wanting to start a band. He plays guitar, rock.
post #546 of 618 Old 01-10-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Too bad you don't live near my brother he is wanting to start a band. He plays guitar, rock.

lol, it would have lots of noise in there right ! Like classic rock .

post #547 of 618 Old 01-12-2017, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
He just bought a new Les Paul. Its supposed to be in sometime this week.

He was also telling me its a great time to buy a real LP as for some reason they are really cheap right now.
post #548 of 618 Old 01-12-2017, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
OK, I've just ordered all of the fuel parts, ie, adjustable reg, fuel gauge, filter, an fittings so now my question is what is the factory fuel pressure?

I "think" I read it was 30 psi, is that correct?
sprocketser likes this.
post #549 of 618 Old 01-13-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
He just bought a new Les Paul. Its supposed to be in sometime this week.

He was also telling me its a great time to buy a real LP as for some reason they are really cheap right now.
Great score ! If he has loads of money , he s better buy some , it s rare that some LPs prices are low.

post #550 of 618 Old 01-13-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
OK, I've just ordered all of the fuel parts, ie, adjustable reg, fuel gauge, filter, an fittings so now my question is what is the factory fuel pressure?

I "think" I read it was 30 psi, is that correct?
Cool, nice list in there !

Guess the spex are in the factory manual pdf , I would call at a Nissan dealership & ask Wonder if they would want to give the info.

post #551 of 618 Old 01-13-2017, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I haven't done search, but I'll find it [oem fuel pressure].

OK parts in today, and almost installed.

The $$$$ fuel regulator threw me for a loop as the instructions were for a carbureted engine. I rechecked the part number, and its the correct dead head reg. Although I did have to order a plug to plug the extra hole in the regulator.

Also the fitting that snaps into the fuel rail seems a little loose, but without the plug for the regulator I couldn't test for leaks today. The 5/16 male EFI fitting seemed to go on tight.

Oh, and the Fuel Lab reg instructions sucked. I tried to call their number, but only got a recorded three question survey, then a hang up.

post #552 of 618 Old 01-13-2017, 10:19 PM

Saw the fuel pressure in a q&a nissan site , the mechanic wrote 51 psi , I would check with a nissan dealer also

Very inspiring !

Tought that you deleted the pcv valve , maybe I don t see the catch can in pix.

post #553 of 618 Old 01-14-2017, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the tip on 51 psi.

I didn't know you were supposed to remove the pcv valve for the catch can? Its still in the valve cover.
sprocketser likes this.
post #554 of 618 Old 01-14-2017, 09:27 PM
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 648 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks for the tip on 51 psi.

I didn't know you were supposed to remove the pcv valve for the catch can? Its still in the valve cover.
I don't think you want to remove the PCV valve just because you have a catch-can....function still applies...difference is what gets sucked back in when not in WOT.

Nissan OEM HIDs with Morimoto bulbs/harness, RacingLine FStB & RSwB @ 200%, ETI LED Fogs,
BBK: PowerStop Powder Coated Calipers: M45 Front/Stock Rears w/StopTech slotted sport rotors
BOSE Headunit w/USB & BT (2012 update), Dunlop Signature HP (summer) / Blizzak WS80 (winter)

Altima FSMs & Useful posts: Bose Upgrade / Alternator / Bad Ground / Rear Brakes / TPMS Reset /
/ Spurious ABS / Audio Power / ABS Diag / Steering Lock
post #555 of 618 Old 01-14-2017, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ugmac1 View Post
I don't think you want to remove the PCV valve just because you have a catch-can....function still applies...difference is what gets sucked back in when not in WOT.
Yes, I think you would get a cloud of smoke out the exhaust if you removed the PCV.

Here is a simple diagram, AND I did T my vent hose going into the pcv to catch can inlet.

sprocketser likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5) > 2005-2006 Nissan Altima SE-R Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode