No honk sound when lock button pressed? - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2007, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No honk sound when lock button pressed?

Just recently I have noticed that when I turn off the vehicle and exit out of it and hit the lock button on my remote I have no honk or alarm sound you are suppose to hear? Does anyone have any idea whats going on? I remember before when I use to hit the lock key it would make a honk sound. Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2007, 12:35 PM

You deactivated it .. I had the same trouble.. what you need to do is hold down the Lock and unlock buttons the horn will go off.. let it then unlock and lock the doors again the horn will go off..

2.5S SUPERBLACK CVT 20%tint
BLACK PEARL

Old 08-30-2007, 12:37 PM

So I hold down both the lock and unlock buttons at the same time? how long do I hold them both down at once?
Old 08-30-2007, 12:39 PM

The "honk on lock" can be shut off by pressing both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons (as I recall) at the same time for several seconds. Perhaps this happenned to you. Try pressing the two buttons simutaeneously for several seconds in range of your car and then lock it once more, see if anything changes. I had done this to my 06 Altima to keep from bugging the nieghbors.

Academy Titan
Old 08-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Majestic '06 3.5SE, 5 spd

Yes. You hold them both down until the horn honks once, then release. It should then be set for honk on lock and it'll flash your lights twice when locking and flash once with no horn for unlocking. If you want silent, hold both buttons down until your lights flash three times, and then it's set for silent. When in silent mode, when you fob- lock it, the lights flash twice and not at all when unlocking. There are also some other operation options available, but the dealer has to set these with the OBDIII.

Traded 10/10/11 for a 2012 Hyundai Genesis Track Coupe.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:25 PM

Yup.. all these good gentlemen explained it perfectly!!!

2.5S SUPERBLACK CVT 20%tint
BLACK PEARL

Old 08-31-2007, 02:20 AM

I just went out and tried mine because I didn't recall ever hearing the horn when I lock it with the door button. When I lock it I get a pleasant little electronic "tweet" along with a headlight flash. I hate hearing the horn. It is irritating.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:41 PM

so if i turn my horn off will i only hear that "tweet" noise like the lexus's?

id rather have that noise than the horn every time i lock it or have to push the button on the handle to hear the "tweet".
Old 01-20-2008, 04:58 PM
QRuisin'

I get the "tweet" when I use the buttons on the doorhandles, and the horn when I use the button on the key fob. That's how its supposed to come from the dealer. If you turn the horn off, you probably won't hear anything when you lock using the key fob. No horn, no tweet.

2007 Altima 2.5 SL Sedan - Dark Slate and Charcoal
JVC KD-AHD39 headunit | Sony 6.5" coaxials (front doors) | Alpine Type S 6.5" coaxials (rear doors) | Polk 6x9's (rear deck) | Rockford Fosgate Punch P250.2 amp | 2 10" subs | Debadged
Plans for the summer: Fujita SRI

Old 01-20-2008, 05:25 PM

so according to the posts.. there is no way to make it like the toyotas/lexus and only have the tweets? dang well i still might just shut off the horn. def annoying.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:21 AM
Forty-something MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwang98131 View Post
so according to the posts.. there is no way to make it like the toyotas/lexus and only have the tweets? dang well i still might just shut off the horn. def annoying.
From what I've looked into, no. I personally think the horn honk is very American car sounding, and the beep is classier, not to mention more courteous.

You could always unplug the horn...

. : The Rupp : .

.: 2007 3.5SE :: Precision Grey :: Sport Package :: CVT :: Höen Xenonmatch Plus Low Beams :. - Traded for:

.: 2008 3.5SE :: Dark Slate :: Premium Package :: CVT :: Garmin nüvi 350 Hardwire :: 20% Tint All Around :. - Gone

.: 2006 BMW 330i :: Sparkling Graphite :: Premium Package :: Sport Package :: 6MT :. - Sold

.: 2010 Scion tC :: Flint Mica :. - Sold

.: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco :: 6MT :. - Awaiting more LED's

LED: LED Thread :: Footwells & Cupholder :.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:39 PM
I used to VQ, now i-VTEC

First thing I did was to shut off the Honk sound as it is really annoying, especially when coming home later at night. I primarily use the buttons anyway as I'm too lazy to take the remote out of my jacket plus it's so much easier to just push the button on the car than it is to get out the remote with gloves on.

~SB

2009 Honda Fit Sport
2007 Frost White Altima 3.5SE: Sedan with Fogs & Wing. - AVG MPG: 26.41 @ 29,246mi Best tank 566Mi. (Traded @ 30K Miles)
Former/Current Cars: '86 Prelude Si. 2.0 | '93 Integra GS | '98 Civic EX | '00 Integra GS-R | '06 Ridgeline RTS | 07 Altima 3.5SE

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Ass slider

Make sure all your doors are closed. Sounds stupid, but it has happened to me before.

Mods:
| there's a tube on the throttle body | gots some fogs too | got some sounds | HIDzzz | some metal thingy | Nismo exhaust | sport grill | NIZMO WHEELZ /Stikcy as shit tires | Fck the prop rod | header | JIHAD MIRRORS | some metal bar | LEDS | DROPed | some rubber thing | pulled out a chunk of metal | CALIPER PAINT | more metal rods |

Old 01-21-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specboy View Post
First thing I did was to shut off the Honk sound as it is really annoying, especially when coming home later at night. I primarily use the buttons anyway as I'm too lazy to take the remote out of my jacket plus it's so much easier to just push the button on the car than it is to get out the remote with gloves on.

~SB
+1 but then I have to take the keys out of my pocket to unlock the door for the house... I feel so spoiled... but I love the ikey!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:33 PM
I used to VQ, now i-VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockenZ View Post
+1 but then I have to take the keys out of my pocket to unlock the door for the house... I feel so spoiled... but I love the ikey!
Garage door openers are a wonderful thing. I tell ya, if I didn't have a key to my office door, I wouldn't need keys at all. The Garage door opener, the iKey, my Proximity access card (it does require me to put my ass up to the door) gets me anywhere on campus (i'm the access system Administrator )

...UGH and then my office door... needs a key.

~SB

2009 Honda Fit Sport
2007 Frost White Altima 3.5SE: Sedan with Fogs & Wing. - AVG MPG: 26.41 @ 29,246mi Best tank 566Mi. (Traded @ 30K Miles)
Former/Current Cars: '86 Prelude Si. 2.0 | '93 Integra GS | '98 Civic EX | '00 Integra GS-R | '06 Ridgeline RTS | 07 Altima 3.5SE

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode