LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-12-2008, 02:28 PM
SHOELESSJOE3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Altima pinstripe

Purchased a 2007 Nisson Altima 3.5 SE, color Winter Frost. Am thinking of a simple not gaudy pinstripe for the side and possible hood and trunk, maybe blue or red. My question, anyone out there that have installed any type of pinstripes on a vehicle matching mine, could even be a different body color than my Winter Frost.

Also anyone aware of any temporary pinstripe kits so that one could put on to view and then remove. There is a fellow who does fantastic painting of pinstripes but that of course that is permanent and I would like to do something temporary or possibly view a picture of a message board member that may already have a vehicle that has pinstripes.

Any board members that have an Altima with such and could they display a picture on the board or even email me a picture. Does not have to be a 2007.....2005 or 2006 would do.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-12-2008, 02:59 PM

They make thin adhesive tape that painters use to mask out flames and other graphics and that could give you an idea of what you want...and then take it off once you figure it out...

2007 Precision Grey 3.5L SE with CVT
14.54@96.53mph, 2.29 60' bone stock

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE CVT: 14.540 @ 96.530 MPH <----click here! The more clicks the better chance I have to win a GoPro!
#3 Old 03-12-2008, 03:12 PM
SHOELESSJOE3

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by missouriguy1973 View Post
They make thin adhesive tape that painters use to mask out flames and other graphics and that could give you an idea of what you want...and then take it off once you figure it out...
WOW........... That was a quick reply, thank you for that info.
#4 Old 03-12-2008, 03:26 PM

Here's an Ebay store that sells a lot of it...

eBay Store - Jammy Dog: Multi Pack 1 1.5 2 3, Masking Tape Low Residue Blue

2007 Precision Grey 3.5L SE with CVT
14.54@96.53mph, 2.29 60' bone stock

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE CVT: 14.540 @ 96.530 MPH <----click here! The more clicks the better chance I have to win a GoPro!
#5 Old 03-12-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missouriguy1973 View Post
That would work. You can buy pinstripe tape, too, in lots of colors and various widths. Just stay away from automatic car washes and that stuff can last for years.

#6 Old 03-12-2008, 03:47 PM

WHAT ACT4 said. Just use the pinstripe tape. pick a color and lay it down. remove if you don't like what you did and do something else. either way, best is to just try it out and see what you like.
#7 Old 03-12-2008, 04:07 PM
SHOELESSJOE3

(Thread Starter)
Thanks to all for all the info. My plan is to just use the tape temporarily, of course not placing it on in a manner which would make it hard to remove. I would probably not strip all the backing off to expose all the adhesive so I could remove it and then have it painted on, if I like it.

This 2007 Winter Frost is a beautiful car and I think a modest type of pinstipe would look good. Who knows, I may not like what I see and forget about it but willing to at least take a look at it, see what it looks like.
#8 Old 03-12-2008, 08:18 PM

I've been thinking about this for months because every time I park under a light at night at my grocery store, the natural lines of my white Altima are really emphasized. I like the look and was thinking about how I could get that look into the day light.
I'll have to consider pin-stripping but I doubt I'll do it until I see someone else's car first.
Maybe it's time to take some night pictures of the car under a light to show you all what I mean.
#9 Old 03-12-2008, 08:43 PM
SHOELESSJOE3

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougFreeze View Post
I've been thinking about this for months because every time I park under a light at night at my grocery store, the natural lines of my white Altima are really emphasized. I like the look and was thinking about how I could get that look into the day light.
I'll have to consider pin-stripping but I doubt I'll do it until I see someone else's car first.
Maybe it's time to take some night pictures of the car under a light to show you all what I mean.
Thats the position I find myself in, what if I do it and don't like it. When I make the final choice it will be painted on not tape. I doubt you will see another Altima with a pin stripe, not impossible but not likely. Even if I did it would have to be the same color as mine to really make up my mind, Winter Frost.

I think I'm leaning towards doing it more than ever. Will try with tape temporary and then just do it.
#10 Old 03-12-2008, 08:50 PM

I have a silver 07 that has precision grey pinstripes on the sides where the body lines are. I will try and take a pic when i get back home.
#11 Old 03-12-2008, 10:23 PM

I just removed the pinstripes my dealership had put on. The car looks MUCH better without them and I wish I would have done it a lot sooner. I also took off the moon roof visor and I am so much happier with the appearance. My next step is to add tint. 5% on all sides and 35% covering the front windshield.
#12 Old 03-12-2008, 11:06 PM
SHOELESSJOE3

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboston77 View Post
I just removed the pinstripes my dealership had put on. The car looks MUCH better without them and I wish I would have done it a lot sooner. I also took off the moon roof visor and I am so much happier with the appearance. My next step is to add tint. 5% on all sides and 35% covering the front windshield.
Pinstripes were where....side alone...........side and hood, single stripe, multiple stripes and how thick, any pictures. It would all depend, thinking about something very moderate.
#13 Old 03-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Forty-something MPG

That came on my car, and I think within an hour of having it they were peeled off...

I'm gonna finally take some pics of it tonight, so you'll see how it looks

I personally think that it takes away from a car that has naturally beautiful lines. I think pinstripes should be reserved to cars that don't have great body lines, hence why the were so much more popular in the 80's and early 90's.

. : The Rupp : .

.: 2007 3.5SE :: Precision Grey :: Sport Package :: CVT :: Höen Xenonmatch Plus Low Beams :. - Traded for:

.: 2008 3.5SE :: Dark Slate :: Premium Package :: CVT :: Garmin nüvi 350 Hardwire :: 20% Tint All Around :. - Gone

.: 2006 BMW 330i :: Sparkling Graphite :: Premium Package :: Sport Package :: 6MT :. - Sold

.: 2010 Scion tC :: Flint Mica :. - Sold

.: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco :: 6MT :. - Awaiting more LED's

LED: LED Thread :: Footwells & Cupholder :.
#14 Old 03-12-2008, 11:41 PM

My '07 Winterfrost 2.5S has the same factory stripes as therupp's. They're gold, and don't really clash with the paint, so they're hardly noticeable.

I guess if the car's a serious hobby and you like the look, go for it. I think it looks pretty nice straight from the factory. But it's got me wondering why some have the factory stripe and some don't. (I'm working on Trivial Pursuit, Altima Edition).

She was a fireplug of a woman...

Nissan daily driver for 20 years:
1988 Pulsar NX from 1988 to 1999
1991 Stanza XE from 1999 to 2008
2007 Altima 2.5s from 2008 to ...
#15 Old 03-13-2008, 12:57 AM
SHOELESSJOE3

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by therupp View Post

That came on my car, and I think within an hour of having it they were peeled off...

I'm gonna finally take some pics of it tonight, so you'll see how it looks

I personally think that it takes away from a car that has naturally beautiful lines. I think pinstripes should be reserved to cars that don't have great body lines, hence why the were so much more popular in the 80's and early 90's.

OK thanks for the picture, didn't know that some Nissons came with the pinstripes or does one have to ask when buying the car. I looked at dozens at different dealers and never saw one with pinstripes, thanks again at least I finally saw one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode