LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Old Guy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Programming the auto door locks?

Hi, new member and first post.

I have a 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5. I would like the electric door locks to automatically lock when I start to drive (like all the cars I've had in the past 10 years have done)

I can't find anything in the owners manual about how to enable auto door locking. Is it possible with this car? Or to I have to splice a wire from the backup lights to the lock switch?

The other thing I'd like is to be able to turn off the remote window lowering "feature." Several times I've come out to the car and found the windows down, because the button got pushed in my pocket. I've turned off the remote trunk opening, but can't find a way to defeat the window opening.
The Following User Says Thank You to dsinope For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2008, 09:52 PM

anything is possible with aftermarket locking system....

Old 03-30-2008, 11:48 AM

YES, it is very possible. **btw, it has been for umm 6-8 years now. lolz**
What it requires is taking it into a dealership and asking them to do it or you have to buy some computer and hook it upto your car.
I never got around to doing it on a friends car cause I'm lazy, but it takes just a few minutes. idk if autozone would have that feature on their little handheld computer thingys. **ya, I haven't went to bed yet so I = not make any sense**

I did a post on this like a year ago, but don't remember all the features you can change. There is stuff like changing how long it takes for lights to turn off, then the autolock feature, blahblahblah. like 10 different items. Well, likely more on your car. I really haven't researched it on your year.

last note, Welcome to these forums. the best place to come to for information about your car. and very last note. lolz. It might be a VERY wise idea to find out what features you can change before you go and get it done. So then you can custom it up to better serve you. :-D I completely forget where I got the information on this subject. But I really highly recommend that dealerships at least start giving its customers these options up front so they know how to fix annoying issues in the future.

YES I'm god. lolz
http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/f-q...now-about.html
this isn't for your year but it gives you an idea of what you can do.

wow, I'm glad there isn't a limit to how many times I can edit my own post. lolz! cause I'm sure you guys wouldn't want 40 posts. lolz.
but anyway, if anyone can comeup with the list for these years 07> that would be cool. I'd love to know how many other features they let us control.

First BS in Computer Science, second as an Electronic Engineer.
2001 Altima GXE
OBX 4-2-1
2001 F350 - I like big trucks. :-D

Last edited by runcoolisback; 03-30-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:01 PM

Is it really that hard to reach over and hit the lock button when you get in the car?

2007 Precision Grey 3.5L SE with CVT
14.54@96.53mph, 2.29 60' bone stock

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE CVT: 14.540 @ 96.530 MPH <----click here! The more clicks the better chance I have to win a GoPro!
Old 03-30-2008, 04:32 PM
See ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinope View Post

The other thing I'd like is to be able to turn off the remote window lowering "feature." Several times I've come out to the car and found the windows down, because the button got pushed in my pocket. I've turned off the remote trunk opening, but can't find a way to defeat the window opening.
I had the same prob.....hitting buttons on my fob that would unlock the door or put the windows down or whatever.

Try this:

Items for Sale by rschum

little rubber covers for your keyfob. I have one, and I have never had a problem since. Cheap, takes a second to put on, and the seller is very good....never had an issue.

Hope that helps a little
Old 03-30-2008, 06:32 PM

One thing I did notice is that when you lock the door when you are inside if you try to open it it will not open. You have to either hit the unlock button or manually unlock it. It's minor, but if you re-program the door locks then don't forget about that too b/c it will be a pain in the ass if you have to manually unlock it every time.

2008 Nissan Altima SE, Dark Slate, 35% tint, Code Alarm CA440TW Remote Start with CarLink
Old 03-30-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missouriguy1973 View Post
Is it really that hard to reach over and hit the lock button when you get in the car?
psh...you know how much work it is to reach over and lock the doors...

Old 03-30-2008, 08:45 PM
bleeds Black & Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet1978 View Post
One thing I did notice is that when you lock the door when you are inside if you try to open it it will not open. You have to either hit the unlock button or manually unlock it. It's minor, but if you re-program the door locks then don't forget about that too b/c it will be a pain in the ass if you have to manually unlock it every time.
thats the only reason why im not getting this done....i guess thats why they dont have them automatically lock when you drive
Old 03-30-2008, 10:42 PM

I would like for the doors to lock as well. I have a tahoe that keeps the doors locked all the time you are in drive. When you put it in park the doors unlock. I know that all you have to do is reach over and lock the doors, but is would be nice if it did it for you. I like the fact that the doors are locked when my wife is driving alone. Then you don't have to worry about stopping at lights etc...

2008 Altima 2.5SL
Old 03-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Forty-something MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by missouriguy1973 View Post
Yeah, I do a two-handed shift... Reverse + lock, then Drive --> Park + Unlock when I'm getting out.

I WOULD like auto-locks, but is this really possible via CONSULT-III? I had a Ford Fusion for the last week (really, not a bad car and I was expecting the worst) and I liked this feature.

. : The Rupp : .

.: 2007 3.5SE :: Precision Grey :: Sport Package :: CVT :: Höen Xenonmatch Plus Low Beams :. - Traded for:

.: 2008 3.5SE :: Dark Slate :: Premium Package :: CVT :: Garmin nüvi 350 Hardwire :: 20% Tint All Around :. - Gone

.: 2006 BMW 330i :: Sparkling Graphite :: Premium Package :: Sport Package :: 6MT :. - Sold

.: 2010 Scion tC :: Flint Mica :. - Sold

.: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco :: 6MT :. - Awaiting more LED's

LED: LED Thread :: Footwells & Cupholder :.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power_Dr View Post
I would like for the doors to lock as well. I have a tahoe that keeps the doors locked all the time you are in drive. When you put it in park the doors unlock. I know that all you have to do is reach over and lock the doors, but is would be nice if it did it for you. I like the fact that the doors are locked when my wife is driving alone. Then you don't have to worry about stopping at lights etc...
My wife has a '99 Blazer. I'm pretty sure the doors lock when you start the car and unlock when you turn the engine off. Just works and I never think about it -- it's a nice feature.

According to the service manual on my '07 Altima, there is an "auto door lock function" that can be enabled via the Consult-III. In fact, it looks like there are a number of features that are only accessible via the Consult-III. I wonder what Nissan was thinking there. Maybe for a small fee, the dealer will set these the way you want...

Actually, it looks like the auto lock function in the Altima is something different. If I read it right (damn engrish!), this feature will RElock your car if you unlock it and don't open a door open a door or turn it on or do something to indicate there's a reason you unlocked it.

Here's what the service manual says:
Quote:
AUTO DOOR LOCK FUNCTION
Auto Door Lock Function
When all doors are locked, ignition switch is OFF (ignition switch is not pressed) and key switch is OFF (Intelligent
Key is not inserted in key slot), doors are unlocked with Intelligent Key button. When BCM does not
receive the following signals within 30 seconds, all doors are locked.
• Door switch is ON (door is opened)
• Door is locked
• Ignition switch is ON
• Key switch is ON (Intelligent Key is inserted in key slot)
Auto door lock mode can be changed by DOOR LOCK-UNLOCK SET mode in “WORK SUPPORT”. Refer to
DLK-32, "DOOR LOCK : CONSULT-III Function (BCM - DOOR LOCK)".

She was a fireplug of a woman...

Nissan daily driver for 20 years:
1988 Pulsar NX from 1988 to 1999
1991 Stanza XE from 1999 to 2008
2007 Altima 2.5s from 2008 to ...

Last edited by tatanka; 03-30-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:07 AM

This is pretty cool, I will definitely talk to a dealership on my next service to see what options can be set and if so how much. I had the auto door locks on my corolla, it is a good feature, no need to worry about having open doors while driving through some places.
my camry also has the auto-lock-unlock feature, but there once you unlock the doors with the alarm key and open and close doors or never open doors, the car locks automatically in about 30 seconds which was pretty damn annoying.

car history
1992 Toyota Corolla -->2002 Toyota Corolla -->2004 Toyota Camry 4cyl --> 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE CVT Radiant Silver/Winter Frost
Old 03-31-2008, 04:36 AM

I would want my doors to lock automatically when I drive and perhaps have them unlock automatically when I turn off the car, but it always seems that people are always so anxious to get out when I'm driving and they already have the doors unlocked before the car is off. And one push on the keyfob to unlock all doors would be nice. I hate pushing it once, then forgetting other people are getting in the car.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:48 AM
Old Guy

Yes, I know it's easy to press the button. It's also easy to reach over a lock and unlock the doors manually. And manually roll the windows up and down. Heck, who needs automatic headlights. Why when I was a boy....

But I like the auto door locks. When my wife is driving with the crying baby in the back seat, I like it that the doors lock even if she's distracted.

I'll try the dealer, but it sounds like I'm going to have to come up with a jumper wire. I really didn't want to crawl under the dashboard - I used to do that a lot, but I'm too old now.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinope View Post
But I like the auto door locks. When my wife is driving with the crying baby in the back seat, I like it that the doors lock even if she's distracted.

I'll try the dealer, but it sounds like I'm going to have to come up with a jumper wire. I really didn't want to crawl under the dashboard - I used to do that a lot, but I'm too old now.
First, umm that is why we have child locks on the back doors... I very highly recommend that people use them when they have kids. :-D even if the kids are 12. lolz. I've seen time and time again the kids thinking it was funny and opening the door while the car was moving. The kids don't know better.

but on the lock auto locking.... the dealership guys... SOME know how to use the consult 3 and some don't. I had to do what someone else did.... I downloaded the PDF... then printed the pages needed for the instructions on how to reprogram the options with the modes you want. THE GUY USED my papers! He had no idea on earth how to do it and asked no questions. :-D
You can create a board that can be placed in the console. very easy to do, but remember... those boards are costly now. so make sure you test it on a testing board and drive like that for a while. just makesure that when you send the signal to the lock that it is a pulse and not a constant 5 or 12 volts and you use the 12V power in the door and not from somewhere else. I could make the board for you if I wanted but maybe not. lol. cause I can't test it in your model to make sure it works correctly. so when in drive, it should be on. not the reverse. and don't make the mistake of seting it up to send a pulse to open the doors at park. that would over ride the security alarm.

oh ya, I'm a computer electronic tech and a computer expert. :-D

OH LAST NOTE! it is not possible/easy to "use a jumper under the dashboard" The best way is "if drive == forward; then lock == locked;" but then again I am almost sure that there is a selection on the Consult 3 to do what you need. if you don't know what that is. here is an ebay link. lolz
Nissan Consult II Automotive Scanner Converter & Bonus - eBay (item 270223825809 end time Apr-07-08 13:32:58 PDT)
that is just for the second version. I am thinking the third.... you likely wouldn't ever get it for less than 1500 dollars??? I forget the correct number. ya they raised the prices so they can help prevent people from programming their own keys, or anything that has to do with their own car.

now wasn't my post helpful. lol

edit... forgot about this one. "if drive is not equal to park then send a pulse to the locks" if a constant voltage was put on the locks, then it could damage the electronics. So it has to be a very short pulse but long enough to trigger the chip.

First BS in Computer Science, second as an Electronic Engineer.
2001 Altima GXE
OBX 4-2-1
2001 F350 - I like big trucks. :-D

Last edited by runcoolisback; 03-31-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode