Factory fogs wired - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Factory fogs wired

I finally figured out how to wire my fog lights. First of all I have an 08 2.5s with conv. package and it is pre wired for fogs, I got the fogs from Flea. I re wired it at the combination switch. Basically it works like stocks and you leave the fog switch on all the time, Fogs come on with the headlights, and go off when hi beams come on. Basically on pin connector M28 which is connected to the combo light switch in the steering column pin 2, ouput 4, wire color green/yellow becomes hot (+4v) when the headlight are on, this wire would feed the factory fog switch, pin 13, input 5, wire color red/yellow sends +4v from the fog switch to BCM telling it to turn on the fogs. What i did was cut the red/yellow wire going out from M28 and spliced it in to the green yellow wire, leaving the red/yellow wire on the connector hooked to nothing. By passing the factory switch that does not exist. I will add some pics when I find out how. It took about 3 hrs to figure out the wiring and about 10 min to actually do it. I was a little nervous when i'm messing around with the BCM.

Last edited by Altima Willy; 07-05-2008 at 08:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Altima Willy For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2008, 08:38 PM

you are the man! i am in the same situation you were in, thanks for saving me the headache!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970170 View Post
...thanks for saving me the headache!!!
And he just gave me one I got a lil confued.

You should've done a pic DIY that would have been perfect, it could help a lot of us. But anyway props to ya man!

Old 07-06-2008, 01:31 PM

Basically if you take the steering column covers off (3 screws) the connector is located on the bottom of the combo light switch. Cut the the red/yellow wire and spice the end going out from the switch into the green yellow wire. I have a couple of pics, if somebody could please let me know home to get them on I will post them. Don't worry I had a headache for 3 hrs trying to fuigure it out
Old 07-08-2008, 02:28 PM

ok just to clarify willy's point, when you open up the steering column, on the LEFT SIDE of the steering wheel there is a WHITE plug. That is the one to look for the wire color combinations (2 wires) that he's talking about. You will find SIMILAR color combinations if you look at the RIGHT side of the steering wheel, do not mess with those. I did by mistake and hooked up my highbeams and messed up some other wire :P. Anyways, the mod is a snap, took 5 minutes (if even) to take off the covers (you have to turn your car on to move the steering wheel to expose the two side screws), 2 minutes to get rid of general wire sheathing so I could see everything, and 2 minutes to do the splicing. Everything works GREAT.

Also, have handy rags to wipe off grease, they have it all over the steering column, and I got it all over my pants.

Last edited by 970170; 07-08-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:36 AM

Thanks for all the hard work on this - so basically all you did was plug your fogs into the foglight wiring at the bumper and do this electicial splice at the steering column if I understand right. Did you add a fuse anywhere or does the pre-wiring to the bumper for the fogs have a fuse already?

Again thanks for figuring this all out - saves us all alot of time.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:59 AM

No I did not add a fuse, when the cars are pre wired the fuse and relay already exist, so the splice at the steering column is all that is needed.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:10 AM

I can't find anymore lights on E-Bay from Flea - do you know if he still has some or have you heard anything back on Autopia Lighting Xenon White Fog Light Kit 2007-2008 for Altima? There price is around $50 but would rather have lighting from Flea as per your post seems to work really well.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:21 AM
All Sho, No Go

Cool autotopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfkng View Post
I can't find anymore lights on E-Bay from Flea - do you know if he still has some or have you heard anything back on Autopia Lighting Xenon White Fog Light Kit 2007-2008 for Altima? There price is around $50 but would rather have lighting from Flea as per your post seems to work really well.
Hey,
I have the autotopia lights from ebay wanna buy them off me for $40? They have not been installed on my car.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:32 PM
2PAC 4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima Willy View Post
Basically if you take the steering column covers off (3 screws) the connector is located on the bottom of the combo light switch. Cut the the red/yellow wire and spice the end going out from the switch into the green yellow wire. I have a couple of pics, if somebody could please let me know home to get them on I will post them. Don't worry I had a headache for 3 hrs trying to fuigure it out
Do you have those pics yet??

Old 07-13-2008, 02:00 PM

Her are some pics, the one with the wiring done is to blurry to see. It's my first time using photobucket so I hope it works
Old 07-13-2008, 02:03 PM

If anybody wants some pics message me and give me an address to send them to.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:15 PM

this worked like a charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima Willy View Post
I finally figured out how to wire my fog lights. First of all I have an 08 2.5s with conv. package and it is pre wired for fogs, I got the fogs from Flea. I re wired it at the combination switch. Basically it works like stocks and you leave the fog switch on all the time, Fogs come on with the headlights, and go off when hi beams come on. Basically on pin connector M28 which is connected to the combo light switch in the steering column pin 2, ouput 4, wire color green/yellow becomes hot (+4v) when the headlight are on, this wire would feed the factory fog switch, pin 13, input 5, wire color red/yellow sends +4v from the fog switch to BCM telling it to turn on the fogs. What i did was cut the red/yellow wire going out from M28 and spliced it in to the green yellow wire, leaving the red/yellow wire on the connector hooked to nothing. By passing the factory switch that does not exist. I will add some pics when I find out how. It took about 3 hrs to figure out the wiring and about 10 min to actually do it. I was a little nervous when i'm messing around with the BCM.

Many thanks after reading a lot of wasteful posts out there I finally got to see what wire to tap.

I will add that I did hook up the wiring to a manual fog switch that I slid between my traction control and trunk release buttons.

I chose to tap into that Red/yellow wire and then ground to the fuse panel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode