09 2.5S Altima transmission dipstick - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

NissanClub.com is the premier Nissan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 12:32 AM

09 2.5S Altima transmission dipstick

Just bought my 09 yesterday and this afternoon was checking over everything after reviewing the owners manual and when I came to the transmission dipstick I couldn't figure out how to pull it out. It has some sort of locking clip at the top. The best I could do today was call two different dealerships and of coarse as usual I got two different answers. One said that Nissan doesn't want you messing with the transmission because of the CVT and yes it is locked on. The one where I purchased my car said, ya you just have to pull up on the clip. Well I tried everything I could think of without breaking it. Does anyone know how to get the dipstick out so I can check the level?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2008, 12:47 AM

look at the dipstick, you'll see a square hole. Stick a small screw driver in it to release the locking tab and gently pull up while doing this.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:56 AM

Is it?

OK, from the top or the side. I seen the opening at the top and could see what looked like a clip. It also felt like an opening in the side, I couldn't see but felt it with my finger. I stuck a screw driver in from the top and thought it might release it but I didn't have any luck. Now I did this before I posted this so maybe I'll have to try again in the morning. My Titan just has a screw that locks it's stick in. Do they use a tool to unlock it at the dealer?
Old 10-09-2008, 01:01 AM

its on the side of the tube. you'll see a square opening
Old 10-09-2008, 01:11 AM

Thanks, B-15

I'll definitley check it out in the morning!

By the way, I use to have a 99 Altima which I liked very much. I then switched to an Avalon and missed the Altima ever since. Now I am the proud owner of a Red Brick/ Charcoal cloth Altima. Boy, that sucker sure does ride nice and handle great.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:55 AM

no problem. You may also have to give it a little tug since it sits pretty snug.

Let me know if you have any problems.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:38 AM

B15

Thanks again, it worked. Like you said it took a little persuasion to get it going. They must have a special tool. I can't see the service guys fighting with this. I can see it is some special fluid. Clear not reddish like normal transmission fluid.

I am just getting to look over my car with some detail and was trying to see if I am prewired for the fog lights. The front end is sealed up pretty good though. I'll have to check again when I have more time.
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.