TPMS Sensor Issues... - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TPMS Sensor Issues...

I've got 5,000 miles on my 2009 Nissan Altima and I've already had to take the car in to the dealer to get a TPMS sensor replaced. I had the tire looked at and it wasn't creating a seal on the tire, and thus leaking like I had a nail in the tire.

I got it fixed and a week later the TPMS light is blinking for a minute and then staying lit. I looked this up and it looks like it's a faulty sensor indication. I am taking it back into the dealer this week to get it fixed (and probably replaced) again. I'm not sure yet if it's the same sensor though.

Is this a common occurrence? Am I going to be going nutty for the life of my car?

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5SL | Build Log
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2009, 12:39 AM

this is what i get with my aftermarket wheels and tires. it comes on flashing and stays on. its telling me there are no sensors in the car. in your case its telling you you either have a tire with inadequate air pressure or a defective sensor.

to answer your questions, no this is not a normal thing for stock wheels/tires and yes you will be going nutty the entire time you own the car. welcome to nissan!

http://www.facebook.com/KMCustomVinyl

:: 2008 SBP SRT8 Charger Super Bee :: #614/1000 :: took delivery with 1024 miles on the clock :: tints all around :: LEDs :: MyGig Lockpick :: hidden front and rear cameras ::

soon= digital gauges, exhaust, mids, and tuner

Old 01-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Forty-something MPG

They just had to reset my TPMS system when this happened to me once. 5 minute fix, no charge.

. : The Rupp : .

.: 2007 3.5SE :: Precision Grey :: Sport Package :: CVT :: Höen Xenonmatch Plus Low Beams :. - Traded for:

.: 2008 3.5SE :: Dark Slate :: Premium Package :: CVT :: Garmin nüvi 350 Hardwire :: 20% Tint All Around :. - Gone

.: 2006 BMW 330i :: Sparkling Graphite :: Premium Package :: Sport Package :: 6MT :. - Sold

.: 2010 Scion tC :: Flint Mica :. - Sold

.: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco :: 6MT :. - Awaiting more LED's

LED: LED Thread :: Footwells & Cupholder :.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:21 AM

I've got the same problem. Light just came on a few days ago. I've got a 2008 hybrid with 4600 miles. Personally I think I'd rather just disable the thing than waste my time with it. Anybody know how?
Old 01-27-2009, 12:26 AM

This started to happen to me just yesterday.. TPMS blinks for a minute, and stays on. Faulty sensor I guess, because I checked my pressure, and all were at 33 psi.

It was too damn cold outside to even check the pressure.. So, didn't bother to fill the tires to 35 psi. I thought it should fix itself when the pressure's right. Six hours of driving didn't fix it. Now I'm wondering what's happening.

Quote:
They just had to reset my TPMS system when this happened to me once. 5 minute fix, no charge.
Just take it to the dealer and ask them to fix it ?

'08 Altima 3.5 SE
Just love it !

Mods - All LEDs except turns and glove box, Redline Tuning hood struts, 6000k lows, 5000k fogs, Footwell lighting, 20% Solargard all around, Michelin Primacy MXV4 All-season (Stocks ran for 36k miles with 3/32" still left on them)

Old 01-27-2009, 02:40 PM

Just to give an update to this. I took it to the Nissan Dealer and they just had to reset the TPMS sensor. It was about 10-15 minutes.

If you look in the manual, there are a couple of ways the TPMS sensor can go off. In my case, when you turned on the car, it would blink on and off continuously for an entire minute and then would stay on. For me, the issue was the sensor had lost communication with the computer (or at least that's what I was told).

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5SL | Build Log
Old 01-27-2009, 03:07 PM

tpms = car's pms. i really hate this requirement.

2007 infiniti fx35, 2008 mercury mariner hybrid
nissan factory shop manuals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode