how to remove rear bumper off of 2007 sedan - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-22-2009, 07:14 AM
dannylot029 dannylot029 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
how to remove rear bumper off of 2007 sedan

how do i remove rear bumper off of 2007 sedan??? thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 01-22-2009, 01:04 PM
bina12834's Avatar
bina12834 bina12834 is offline
bleeds Black & Gold
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 1,647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Technical Articles: Altima Coupe Bumper Removal

even though these are for the coupe, theyre almost exactly the same but the sedan has a few more clips and screws.

  #3  
Old 01-22-2009, 01:53 PM
RIZAMAN's Avatar
RIZAMAN RIZAMAN is offline
Shaving My Shoulders
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,295
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Thanks: 48
Thanked 57 Times in 47 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Nissan Service Manuals

GET ONE...



|2005 3.5SE|HEAVILY MODDED |
  #4  
Old 01-22-2009, 01:54 PM
bina12834's Avatar
bina12834 bina12834 is offline
bleeds Black & Gold
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 1,647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
wow...just follow the tutorial in my pervious post....the service manual makes it sound much more difficult than it really is

  #5  
Old 01-22-2009, 02:02 PM
RIZAMAN's Avatar
RIZAMAN RIZAMAN is offline
Shaving My Shoulders
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,295
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Thanks: 48
Thanked 57 Times in 47 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bina12834 View Post
wow...just follow the tutorial in my pervious post....the service manual makes it sound much more difficult than it really is
Agree - typical for the FSM's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bina12834 View Post
The OP requested REAR bumper removal assistance, not FRONT. FSM can help with a multitude of things, such as the exact locations of all the clips, from the correct bumper.

|2005 3.5SE|HEAVILY MODDED |

Last edited by RIZAMAN; 01-22-2009 at 02:21 PM.
  #6  
Old 02-08-2009, 06:49 AM
shankar96's Avatar
shankar96 shankar96 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Waukegan, IL
Posts: 478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bina12834 View Post
Technical Articles: Altima Coupe Bumper Removal

even though these are for the coupe, theyre almost exactly the same but the sedan has a few more clips and screws.
Anyone been able to get their bumper off using the proceedure described in the link ? I tried to remove mine, but couldn't get it off the car ! I got all the clips off and the screws off as described, but couldn't pull out the bumper. Something was still holding on to the bumper at the bottom. When I checked, I found the same plastic clips as on the top of the bumper, but smaller ones. I couldn't get them off, they were too hard. Also, the fog lamps were still connected. It could be them too. Simple steps to get the fogs off ?

Anyone have a few more steps in addition to the steps in that link to get the bumper off with the fog lights ? I checked the Nissan Service Manuals, and that tells me to remove the wheel well cover, the fog lights, and the under engine cover. Do I need to remove all of those ? That's a lot of work to me.. Just wanted to do some light strips lighting beside the fog lights.. This is dampening my spirits..

Also, I see something attached to the bumper, that I think is a crash sensor. Can I disconnect it without tripping my airbags, or do I need to leave it alone ? Is there a workaround to my bumper off completely ?

Suggestions please...

'08 Altima 3.5 SE
Just love it !

Mods - All LEDs except turns and glove box, Redline Tuning hood struts, 6000k lows, 5000k fogs, Footwell lighting, 20% Solargard all around, Michelin Primacy MXV4 All-season (Stocks ran for 36k miles with 3/32" still left on them)

  #7  
Old 02-08-2009, 12:53 PM
bikerider bikerider is offline
A bit old and irritable
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 616
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar96 View Post
Anyone been able to get their bumper off using the proceedure described in the link ? I tried to remove mine, but couldn't get it off the car ! I got all the clips off and the screws off as described, but couldn't pull out the bumper. Something was still holding on to the bumper at the bottom. When I checked, I found the same plastic clips as on the top of the bumper, but smaller ones. I couldn't get them off, they were too hard. Also, the fog lamps were still connected. It could be them too. Simple steps to get the fogs off ?

Anyone have a few more steps in addition to the steps in that link to get the bumper off with the fog lights ? I checked the Nissan Service Manuals, and that tells me to remove the wheel well cover, the fog lights, and the under engine cover. Do I need to remove all of those ? That's a lot of work to me.. Just wanted to do some light strips lighting beside the fog lights.. This is dampening my spirits..

Also, I see something attached to the bumper, that I think is a crash sensor. Can I disconnect it without tripping my airbags, or do I need to leave it alone ? Is there a workaround to my bumper off completely ?

Suggestions please...
To get the bumper off, remove all of the clips on the edge of the bumper bottom and the clips from the top, also 2 screws are on the bottom on each side of the bumper. There are also 2 large screws, one in each wheelwell to remove. After those are off the sides of the bumper can be pulled away from the car and the entire thing comes right off. Once you figure it out you will be able to take it off in less than 15 minutes.

Yes you need to disconnect the foglights. The sensor you see is the temperature sensor (crash sensor ), no need to do anything with it as it is attached to the bumper support, not the fascia.

2008 Altima 2.5S CVT | Precision Gray | 46K miles
Audio Build Log
  #8  
Old 02-08-2009, 06:08 PM
shankar96's Avatar
shankar96 shankar96 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Waukegan, IL
Posts: 478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerider View Post
To get the bumper off, remove all of the clips on the edge of the bumper bottom and the clips from the top, also 2 screws are on the bottom on each side of the bumper. There are also 2 large screws, one in each wheelwell to remove. After those are off the sides of the bumper can be pulled away from the car and the entire thing comes right off. Once you figure it out you will be able to take it off in less than 15 minutes.

Yes you need to disconnect the foglights. The sensor you see is the temperature sensor (crash sensor ), no need to do anything with it as it is attached to the bumper support, not the fascia.
Thank you for the clarification.. That sensor did scare the crap out of me.. Once I saw it, I silently put it all back for the fear of tripping something.. I got out everything except for the clips on the bottom of the bumper, and disconnecting the fog lights.

What's the best way to disconnect the fog lights ? Do I need to get the grill off first to reach the fog lights and disconnect them ? I'll have another go at the bumper next weekend, or whenever weather permits again..

'08 Altima 3.5 SE
Just love it !

Mods - All LEDs except turns and glove box, Redline Tuning hood struts, 6000k lows, 5000k fogs, Footwell lighting, 20% Solargard all around, Michelin Primacy MXV4 All-season (Stocks ran for 36k miles with 3/32" still left on them)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


<

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome