What does "Maintenance: Tire" mean? - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-21-2009, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
What does "Maintenance: Tire" mean?

Today on my way back home, the LCD display on my Altima 2.5S showed: "Maintenance: Tire". I've looked into Owner Manual, but found no topic about this warning.

Anyone knows anything about this warning? What should I do? It's Sat and I still need the car before Monday.

Thanks!

WxH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Forty-something MPG

Time for a tire rotation.

. : The Rupp : .

.: 2007 3.5SE :: Precision Grey :: Sport Package :: CVT :: Höen Xenonmatch Plus Low Beams :. - Traded for:

.: 2008 3.5SE :: Dark Slate :: Premium Package :: CVT :: Garmin nüvi 350 Hardwire :: 20% Tint All Around :. - Gone

.: 2006 BMW 330i :: Sparkling Graphite :: Premium Package :: Sport Package :: 6MT :. - Sold

.: 2010 Scion tC :: Flint Mica :. - Sold

.: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco :: 6MT :. - Awaiting more LED's

LED: LED Thread :: Footwells & Cupholder :.
#3 Old 03-21-2009, 12:08 PM
A bit old and irritable

And then reset the reminder.

2008 Altima 2.5S CVT | Precision Gray | 46K miles
Audio Build Log
#4 Old 03-21-2009, 04:51 PM

ive never had one of those reminders pop up. is that one of the things you need to set manually?

http://www.facebook.com/KMCustomVinyl

:: 2008 SBP SRT8 Charger Super Bee :: #614/1000 :: took delivery with 1024 miles on the clock :: tints all around :: LEDs :: MyGig Lockpick :: hidden front and rear cameras ::

soon= digital gauges, exhaust, mids, and tuner

#5 Old 03-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Fatty McFat fat

yup,..there is one for oil filter, oil change, and "other."

'08 Slate Hybrid w/ tech package: Nismo Lip, RL Endlinks - F/R, RL STB, Stillen RSB, Stillen Hood Ds, Fujita SRI, LED's everywhere, DDM 35w 6k HID, OEM fogs w/ DDM 35w 6k HID, digital touch switches, Switchback LED mod, 35% 3M tint all around, Bat style eyelids - 6/10 x 2, KP mirror tilt, debadged w/ Decepticon, 350Z Touring V.2, Centric front discs, Akebono pads, LED modded GT-R ON button, LED trunk light mod
#6 Old 03-21-2009, 06:34 PM

sometimes dealerships set them to freak people out and take the car for service.

2007 infiniti fx35, 2008 mercury mariner hybrid
nissan factory shop manuals
#7 Old 05-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Arun

Smile Maintenance Tire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangxiaohu View Post
Today on my way back home, the LCD display on my Altima 2.5S showed: "Maintenance: Tire". I've looked into Owner Manual, but found no topic about this warning.

Anyone knows anything about this warning? What should I do? It's Sat and I still need the car before Monday.

Thanks!

WxH
"Maintenance: Tire" with an exit sign at the bottom left corner of the warning comes up when you need to rotate tires. You can do this on your next scheduled maintenance. To reset this light go thru the menu of Maintenance, Tire and Reset selections. You can do this by selecting the buttons on the dash board located behind the steering wheel on the left side. Refer to the manual for using these buttons.
If you need addtional help, let me know.
#8 Old 05-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Arun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangxiaohu View Post

Thanks!

WxH
It is a reminder to rotate your tires. You can still drive the car without damaging. Rotate the tires during your next scheduled maintenance. You can reset this light by going thru the display panel. You go thru "Maintenance", "Tire" then "Reset" selections to do this. Refer to the manual "How to reset warning" message.
#9 Old 05-12-2009, 07:37 PM
2010 Nissan Of The Year!

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun View Post
"Maintenance: Tire" with an exit sign at the bottom left corner of the warning comes up when you need to rotate tires. You can do this on your next scheduled maintenance. To reset this light go thru the menu of Maintenance, Tire and Reset selections. You can do this by selecting the buttons on the dash board located behind the steering wheel on the left side. Refer to the manual for using these buttons.
If you need addtional help, let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun View Post
It is a reminder to rotate your tires. You can still drive the car without damaging. Rotate the tires during your next scheduled maintenance. You can reset this light by going thru the display panel. You go thru "Maintenance", "Tire" then "Reset" selections to do this. Refer to the manual "How to reset warning" message.
Welcome to the forum's. lol I think this topic was taking cared of already 2 months ago.
#10 Old 07-25-2011, 03:18 AM
Ur Girl Luvz My Alti.

Red face

Wow, bringing back an old thread but this sh!t happened to me on the way back home from a trip. Scared the sh!t outta me!! I was like WTF? but after reading through and knowing what to do...now im calm
#11 Old 07-25-2011, 06:34 PM

btw from my experience leased cars will have these warnign set by dealers most of the time.
I never in my 85K miles had any of them while 2 of friends with leased Altima and Maxima do have these warnings every 15/30/whatever miles.

#12 Old 07-28-2011, 08:57 AM

Setting the service reminder intervals is on the new car delivery checklist that Nissan requires the sales staff to go through point by point during the new car delivery process. I usually ask my clients if they want me to set them or just have them pay attention and not have these things bother them. Most opt to leave it as is and not st the reminders.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat-Fortune Favors the Bold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode